C'mon Marv...sign those draft picks

I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get those picks in on time. With all the problems and issues this team has they need every practice and get together they can in order to jell for the 2006 season. I know draft picks usually sign late but we have just 2 picks signed with what? 6 to go?

I realize not many top draft choices have been signed but i'd love to see the Bills front office step up and sign these guys to make sure they're in on time and learning as much as possible before week 1 @ New England. I'm excited to see this year's team and what these rookies will bring to the table but i'd hate to see them not signed and miss valuable time in training camp...it's time to get these guys inked and get them oriented asap. Go Bills! Get em signed Marv!

I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get those picks in on time. With all the problems and issues this team has they need every practice and get together they can in order to jell for the 2006 season. I know draft picks usually sign late but we have just 2 picks signed with what? 6 to go?

I realize not many top draft choices have been signed but i'd love to see the Bills front office step up and sign these guys to make sure they're in on time and learning as much as possible before week 1 @ New England. I'm excited to see this year's team and what these rookies will bring to the table but i'd hate to see them not signed and miss valuable time in training camp...it's time to get these guys inked and get them oriented asap. Go Bills! Get em signed Marv!

727122[/snapback]

Well...Marv stated pretty clearly his duties as GM would be relegated to Talent evaluation, Coaches, etc...Marv was adamant he would have nothing to do with the Contract side of things...

So you should be asking Jim Overdorf to hurry up and Sign em'... :D

This is how it generally is when the Bills sign their rookies. Who knows the level of talks beforehand, but they usually sign pretty fast when they get into town for camp. Whitner, who was picked at 8 seems to have a level head and knows the importance of being there. Plus, looking at Reed and Price's contracts, Overdorf seems to be plenty generous.

I don't remember the last holdout.... Was it Wiley?

They will all be signed, I read it in the tarrot cards last night.  :D

727132[/snapback]

I really hope you're right.

The agents cause the holdouts because they want to use the contracts of comparably drafted players as comparisons in their negotiations with teams for the higher picks (1st round). Until some of the picks get signed, they don't have the data they need to negotiate for their player. Nobody wants to go first. Players hurt themselves by not getting to camp, but if you're a first round pick you're not getting cut. This year will be more complicated because the salary cap rose somuch over last year meaning last year's numbers are no longer good comparisons. I think you'll see more holdouts past the opening of training camps this year and when players do get signed, the numbers (for guys who have yet to play a down) will be outrageous. The agents for first round picks have to be salivating. Yes, the Texans look pretty smart right now.

727122[/snapback]

relax, Marv's still driving home from the last OTA. He's 81.

also, don't we get an agent's discount for reaching for 2 picks in the 1st round? I mean, all the 'spurts say they are so they must be.

727122[/snapback]

I'd like to see the players step up and sign.....its not Levy's fault! or gene snitsky's! :D