Slug Logo Trademarked

Corp000085

Huge opportunity missed by the organization to fix a terrible wrong.  Someone's ego got in the way and we're left with this "dress stain."

727089[/snapback]

The guys on GR keep acting like this is over and nothing can be done about it. Even if we're stuck with the banana slug for this season, that doesn't mean the fans can't make it go the way of the Gorton's Fisherman Islanders logo. Whatever that thing is, it's not going to be our logo come 2010. The obvious solution is the slap the original logo on whatever new uniforms they came up with and that's almost certainly what they'll end up doing.

(And, no Bulldog, nothing about the rest of the uniform can make me like that logo.)

In summary, I'm not buying anything with the banana slug on it and the banana slug will be a memory in a couple years anyway. And when we win the Stanley Cup next season, they'll probably just put the original logo (which is the team's alternate logo starting this season) on the banner.

In summary, I'm not buying anything with the banana slug on it and the banana slug will be a memory in a couple years anyway. 

727096[/snapback]

On the bright side it is an imposing looking slug. Just hope nobody salts the ice.

It's common practice to file for trademark protection even if the logo is never used -- prior to the Bills "new" unis there were a couple of logos floating around that were trademarked and have never been seen since. I'm sure somebody remembers that.

I'm not saying the slug won't be the logo, but the mere fact it was trademarked doesn't really mean anything other than nobody else can use it.

It's common practice to file for trademark protection even if the logo is never used -- prior to the Bills "new" unis there were a couple of logos floating around that were trademarked and have never been seen since.  I'm sure somebody remembers that.

728136[/snapback]

Wasn't there a B with a buffalo jumping out of it?

Wasn't there a B with a buffalo jumping out of it?

728148[/snapback]

Yes, it was ugly as hell and there was the same sort of grumbling we're getting now...I've always wondered if the negative internet feedback had something to do with scrapping those logos and keeping the charging buffalo.

Its simple....boycott the merchandise.  When the team falls to dead last in merchandise sales, they'll figure it out.  Support the team with ticket sales, wear your old jerseys and hats.

728070[/snapback]

You can bet I WILL be wearing my old stuff! :unsure: