OL Peters signs contract extension

Best quote of the article:

"McNally has called Peters one of the most athletic offensive linemen he has ever coached, putting his athletic ability on a par with Hall of Fame Cincinnati tackle Anthony Munoz."

If we get 13 seasons out of Peters like Munoz, if we get 4 touchdowns on tackle eligible plays, if we get 11 consecutive Pro Bowls out of Peters, then he is an Anthony Munoz.

But I wouldn't put it past Peters to do so.

Woot!  Good move with the contract extension, definitely needed to get done THIS offseason before the rest of the NFL takes notice.

723087[/snapback]

Your not wrong there. I was astounded that PFWs Preview 2006 magazine rated 28 OTs, another not rated due to injury, 5 past their prime & they didn't include Peters amongst their 6 'top veteran prospects' list. That magazine has gone a lot down hill since Bauchsbaum's death.

I like the extension....we need to solidify positions long term with guys who are "football players"....I am sick of the "turnstile" that we have had at our offensive line....we need to stick young guys together for multiple years and let them jell as a unit...hopefully we can get some cohesion this year....good move Marv!

Nice to see some good things being said about Marv who has taken a beating on the board since the draft.

In one article Peters said that the Bills were his team growing up so it made it even nicer to know that he would be with them for a long time. Gotta like that.

Nice to see some good things being said about Marv who has taken a beating on the board since the draft.

In one article Peters said that the Bills were his team growing up so it made it even nicer to know that he would be with them for a long time.  Gotta like that.

723334[/snapback]

They just don't come around like that too often, do they? Very nice to see. The direct quote is:

"I like playing for the Bills and being a part of this organization,"

"I could have gone to any of the other 31 teams coming out of college, but I picked the Bills because they were my team growing up. For me to have a chance to play for them for a long time is something I'm excited about."

For lack of a better word, that's awesome, isn't it? The kind of stuff we dream about and never usually get in today's greedy NFL.

I like this:

"I like playing for the Bills and being a part of this organization," he said. "I could have gone to any of the other 31 teams coming out of college, but I picked the Bills because they were my team growing up. For me to have a chance to play for them for a long time is something I'm excited about."

I like this:

"I like playing for the Bills and being a part of this organization," he said. "I could have gone to any of the other 31 teams coming out of college, but I picked the Bills because they were my team growing up. For me to have a chance to play for them for a long time is something I'm excited about."

723351[/snapback]

How can you not like that!

Jason Peters is my favorite player on the Bills today.

How can you not like that!

Jason Peters is my favorite player on the Bills today.

723362[/snapback]

I agree Frez. I view Peters as the guy with the most potential to do great things for the Bills.

Don't get me wrong, we have a few very good players. It's just that Peters really might turn out to be a great OT in this league. Can you even imagine having a great OT on the Buffalo Bills Football Team?

It felt great just typing it! :)

Perhaps I should have said "guy of rare athletic ability"

How many 330 pound guys can run a 4.8? One, as far as the record states...That's pretty rare.

723197[/snapback]

Not to mention bust thru a line, block punts, and recover the ball in the EZ for a TD. And yet run with the small skinny dudes on teams.

Hopefully a bunch of the contract is a 2006 roster bonus and salary so the Bills use this year's excess cap space, and don't have too much a liability if Peters doesn't work out long term.

I am thrilled at this signing. Peters is going to be a lot of fun to watch learn and grow. I've really enjoyed watching him run down the field on kick-offs. What "hands" player would want the assignment of blocking him?? :)