Comments by Thurman about the Bills

When did this happen?

From Pro Football Weekly:

>>> The fact that even Thurman Thomas is talking about this team moving out of Buffalo/Orchard Park in three to four years doesn’t bode well.<<<

I was not aware of comments made by Thurman wrt the franchise leaving, and quite frankly, the entire situation is unsettling. Has anybody read his comments?

PFW Article

Sometimes I wish that RW would sell the team to Golisano and get it over with.

I am NOT saying this to bash Ralph, but I truly believe that any scenario in which the Bills leave OP would not only devestate hard core fans such as us, I also think it would truly hurt the entire reigon. :doh:

When did this happen?

From Pro Football Weekly:

>>> The fact that even Thurman Thomas is talking about this team moving out of Buffalo/Orchard Park in three to four years doesn’t bode well.<<<

I was not aware of comments made by Thurman wrt the franchise leaving, and quite frankly, the entire situation is unsettling. Has anybody read his comments?

PFW Article

Sometimes I wish that RW would sell the team to Golisano and get it over with.

I am NOT saying this to bash Ralph, but I truly believe that any scenario in which the Bills leave OP would not only devestate hard core fans such as us, I also think it would truly hurt the entire reigon.  :w00t:

721166[/snapback]

Naw, Ralph is in the midst of a strategy which will use the fall gubernatorial elections to stick-up NYS for using state tax dollars to seed the market funding of a state authority which will build a new stadium which the Bills get virtual total control over and keep the cash without risking the upfront building costs.

Such a move (if it happened) would certainly be corporate welfare for a great money making enterprise which Ralph was smart and lucky enough to buy for a song which he is now crying poverty about. However, though there seems to be little moral justification for it, my team would benefit so I am all for steering statewide money to WNY to benefit our franchise.

Naw, Ralph is in the midst of a strategy which will use the fall gubernatorial elections to stick-up NYS for using state tax dollars to seed the market funding of a state authority which will build a new stadium which the Bills get virtual total control over and keep the cash without risking the upfront building costs.

Such a move (if it happened) would certainly be corporate welfare for a great money making enterprise which Ralph was smart and lucky enough to buy for a song which he is now crying poverty about.  However, though there seems to be little moral justification for it, my team would benefit so I am all for steering statewide money to WNY to benefit our franchise.

721259[/snapback]

Amazing! You managed to keep a post to 2 paragraphs!

Golisano is not allowed (by the NFL?) to own both the Bills and Sabres...

... so what happens to the Sabres if he buys the Bills?

(my vote is that Tom gives me the Sabres as a birthday present)

721285[/snapback]

I thought his plan was to keep the Sabres (they appear more likely to win a Cup than the Bills appear to win an SB) but to give you ownership of the Bills as a present.

I remember him making those comments at the Jim Kelly charity golf tournament. 

And I agree: Golisano would be a much better owner for the Bills and for Buffalo.  I just hope Golisano feels the same way.

721189[/snapback]

Has he ever said anything publicly about owning the Bills?

... so what happens to the Sabres if he buys the Bills?

(my vote is that Tom gives me the Sabres as a birthday present)

721285[/snapback]

I think there have been exceptions made, and Tags (or his successor) might bend the rules if its clear that this is the best scenario to keep the team where it is. Plus, what Golisano has done with the Sabres might look good in the NFL's eyes.

721285[/snapback]

Not true. An NFL owner is allowed to own another pro sports team as long as that team is located in the same city.

Also, I think the Bills may be a bit too expensive for any one regional owner - even for Golisano. Most likely, Golisano would need 1-2 co-owners to complete the purchase. And if Golisano still has NYS political aspirations, I hope he realizes that buying the Bills will be the single best campaign investment he could possibly make.

As for Thurman's comments, I appreciate his concern for the team and for WNY, but he is certainly no expert on this subject. If TT does somehow have some sort of inside info on Ralph's intentions or health, I wish he'd try to convince Ralph to sell the team NOW to Golisano, Wegman, etc. The sooner this happens, the better off the Bills will be - off the field AND on it.

The rule is simple. An owner can't own two teams in the same sport. You can own a team in every sport if you have enough money as long as you dont own two. Golisano can own both the Sabres and that Bills without any fear of fine or anything like that.

I don't understand fans' reactions to the Bills leaving while Wilson is still alive. It's when he passes on that should worry us. His daughters have made it known that they don't want to run the team and might sell to anyone.

We need an owner who cares/loves WNY and will keep the team here!