NFL rule you would change first...

I would change or eliminate.......  

59 members have voted

1. 1. I would change or eliminate.......

• one inch kicking tee for kick offs
    • "planned" celebration acts or dances
    • tuck rule
    • in the grasp
    • make a football move
    • pass interference as a spot foul (make 15 yards)
    • defensive holding on lineman
    • intentional grounding
    • limits on # of dressed players for games

I think they should allow players to leave their feet on extra points/field goals.

You'd have to time this just right...but teams would be able to "launch" their smallest player into the air to attempt a FG block. Imagine the excitement of every extra point as the 135lb 4th string punter gets hurled 20' in the air in an outrageous attempt to block the kick. I'd be glued to the TV for every PAT.

i said tuck rule because it is a really stupid rule. if the QB obviously pump fakes and the ball is secure, and then is hit and fumbles it is not an incomplete pass. i dont see why the QB doesnt just pump fake every time before he gets hit. its a stupid rule.

all the other rules mentioned are OK in my mind. they all have a purpose and a reason why they are rules.

I think they should allow players to leave their feet on extra points/field goals.

You'd have to time this just right...but teams would be able to "launch" their smallest player into the air to attempt a FG block.  Imagine the excitement of every extra point as the 135lb 4th string punter gets hurled 20' in the air in an outrageous attempt to block the kick.  I'd be glued to the TV for every PAT.

717752[/snapback]

you are allowed to leave your feet to block a FG or extra point. BUT you are NOT allowed to jump in to the air and land on an opponent. it is illegal because it could seriously injure the players being landed on. the players know it is illegal and should know better.

it still amazes me when the ref throws a flag and a player looks at him and says, "What did i do? Thats not illegal". it is illegal, and everyone knows it. hell, I know it, and i just watch football.

I think both teams should get a series in OT, I'd kill sudden-death.

717112[/snapback]

I'd adopt a system like in college, but each team should start at the 50 -- the college start from the 25 is too easy. That's why 21-21 games end up with final scores like 49-48.

I hate the coin toss. They should play Rock, paper, Scissors, instead. :doh:

717737[/snapback]

How about Russian Roulette instead?

I say get rid of the rule that allows the officials to call penalties on Buffalo. If they commit a penalty, it should be because of something the other team did and they should be awarded the penalty

you are allowed to leave your feet to block a FG or extra point. BUT you are NOT allowed to jump in to the air and land on an opponent. it is illegal because it could seriously injure the players being landed on. the players know it is illegal and should know better.

it still amazes me when the ref throws a flag and a player looks at him and says, "What did i do? Thats not illegal". it is illegal, and everyone knows it. hell, I know it, and i just watch football.

718443[/snapback]

You have it wrong, you are not allowed to use another player to assist you getting in the air.

I would change the rule that says the signing team has to eat the entire signing bonus on traded players. There is just not enough trades in todays NFL, especially star for star.

My proposal would be that the team acquiring a player could choose to pick up some or the entire amount of the non-amortorized portion of a players signing bonus. I think this would facilitate a lot more trades , but I am pretty sure the NFLPA would never go for it. As it stands, player has the ooption to get double dip.

Corner is probably the hardest position in the league outside of qb and one "screw up" could result in a 40 yard gain for the offense even in times where the ball is uncatchable.  So I'd make pass interference only a 15 yard penalty.

717090[/snapback]

Problem with that is that outside of 15 yards every receiver will get mugged. You'll almost never see a long completion, because any DB who's beat will just tackle his guy before the ball gets there.

I'd change the rule that says if the Patriots throw an 8-yard out on 4th and 9 that's caught out of bounds, it's a first down.

a.) One point for hitting a goalpost on a missed field goal

b.) 5th down.

c.) Metric measurements for down and distance

d.) Two bonus yards awarded for completed passes by non-QBs

e.) Ball is live after one bounce on a forward pass (5th down only)

f.) Eliminate the position of "Offensive Tackle"

g.) One blitz per four downs

h.) Legalize "dirties"

You have it wrong, you are not allowed to use another player to assist you getting in the air.

718495[/snapback]

Actually, I think you are both right. You can not use another player to assist you in your jump, and you cannot land on another player if you do jump.

I'd change the rule that says if the Patriots throw an 8-yard out on 4th and 9 that's caught out of bounds, it's a first down.

718498[/snapback]

Talk about a rose colored glasses wearing dreamer! Come back to reality and join the church of teddi.