Potentially good news for Buffalo

Peter

The only reason more people havent suggested this recently is because they dont want to come off as being "mean" to New Orleans after Katrina...but lets face it, the Saints dont have a history. The fans didnt care about the team (aside from the recent love-in after the hurricane).

It may come off as harsh, but I'd rather see a team like the Saints move to LA...a team that doesnt have any traditions or legendary players...than a team like Buffalo who has a strong fan base and a great history.

Time to stop pretending like we are talking about the Green Bay Packers here...the Saints SHOULD move to LA, they'd probably have oodles more success there.

The only reason more people havent suggested this recently is because they dont want to come off as being "mean" to New Orleans after Katrina...but lets face it, the Saints dont have a history.  The fans didnt care about the team (aside from the recent love-in after the hurricane).

It may come off as harsh, but I'd rather see a team like the Saints move to LA...a team that doesnt have any traditions or legendary players...than a team like Buffalo who has a strong fan base and a great history.

Time to stop pretending like we are talking about the Green Bay Packers here...the Saints SHOULD move to LA, they'd probably have oodles more success there.

716986[/snapback]

Archie Manning and Danny Abramowitz were pretty good.

As well as Pat Swilling and Bobby Hebert. NO had some very decent clubs.

Also, their only recognized Hall of Famer is Jim Finks, an administrator.

Archie Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the NFL IMO...out of a 15 year NFL career, I think he made the Pro Bowl...twice? Maybe? He gets recognition being Peyton and Eli's Daddy, but I get the feeling had his two sons not decided to enter football, the name Archie Manning would exist only on Trvial Pursuit: NFL Edition cards. Even though he didnt have much help, bottom line is the Saints didnt win too many games with him as their starting QB.

They've had some good players for sure, but so have the other 31 franchises in the NFL. Even the Cards has had some good players in their history.

To me, the Saints are the best choice to move to LA. The fan base has been iffy, the franchise doesnt really have any standing rivalries or great history, and their owner is itchin' to split town (or at least rumored to be so). Also sad to say, you gotta wonder how New Orleans can even maintain a team with all of the issues they've been having as they try to rebuild.

Archie Manning and Danny Abramowitz were pretty good.

As well as Pat Swilling and  Bobby Hebert. NO had some very decent clubs.

716990[/snapback]

Dalton Hilliard was a poor man's Thurman Thomas, IMO. REALLY poor, but they were very similar.

Los Angeles quit gravy training. If you want a team or two pony up and go the expansion route. Free loading money grubbers, pony up. I don't care about L.A. market share and population size. L.A. had three teams and lost three teams. The gougers that run the league had no problem making other cities pay expansion fees so L.A. can pay too.

As for New Orleans football support, if you think about how dismal the team has performed historically, it is amazing that the Saints fans support them as well as they do.

The small markets need to stick together.

Los Angeles quit gravy training.  If you want a team or two pony up and go the expansion route.  Free loading money grubbers, pony up.  I don't care about L.A. market share and population size.  L.A. had three teams and lost three teams.  The gougers that run the league had no problem making other cities pay expansion fees so L.A. can pay too.

As for New Orleans football support, if you think about how dismal the team has performed historically, it is amazing that the Saints fans support them as well as they do. 

The small markets need to stick together.

717018[/snapback]

The only people who want a football team in LA are Raider fans who hope Big Al brings them back. Personally, I'm hoping all Raider fans just give up and move to Oakland.

Word.

717025[/snapback]

Double word. I was sitting at a bar yesterday in San Clemente enjoying a couple brews looking out onto the Pacific Ocean when some arrogant SOB claimed his allegiance to San Diego and put down my Buffalo allegiance.

I admire the AFL connection, but San Diego is a crap football town. The team only got some relevance after they grabbed the Bill's front office. Then some yahoo mentioned the Raiders. All I could say was 51-3...

Stop triffling with this moving to LA gibberish unless you're talking about the Pats.

Kraft is simply trying to get the best package possible from them before making the midnight Mayflower move. They don't make the playoffs this year, they'll be The Southern California Patriots of San Bernadino County by the ProBowl.

By the way, is there a San Bernadino County?

Archie Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the NFL

717010[/snapback]

C'mon, he may be overrated as a player, but depending upon the course of Eli's career he may well go down as one of the great sperm donors in NFL history.

After all the money that the NFL poured into the trashed Superdome, I fully expect that there will be some kind of solution.  If not, then I expect Tom Benson to "get whacked" on a contract put out by Tags himself! :rolleyes:

717199[/snapback]

Then there's the contingent who could actually see what condition the Superdome was in after Katrina+3. It's like if you saw someone sh-- in your teapot --- would you be in a hurry to toast the Queen? That image will always be there no matter how much Clorox it's doused in.

I think the Saints moving to LA is something most people know will happen in due course. Just that they don't want to say it and be the Bad Guy.

I followed this link, and all I found was a very unfavorable review of the Bills.  I should have started a new thread "PFT ranks Bills 32 out of 32 teams", but I dindn't dare.

717449[/snapback]

The New Orleans story was the first story when I originally posted. It may still be there if you scroll down.

I think the Saints moving to LA is something most people know will happen in due course. Just that they don't want to say it and be the Bad Guy.

717507[/snapback]

I feel the same way as you do.....it would pretty much be like kicking the city when it's down if they promoted the move as being viable right now.....better to give the impression that they did all they could, but it just didn't work out.