New Sabres Logo?

SilverNRed

Brad Riter just mentioned this on the radio and I found the picture they were talking about.

Apparently Mattel is making little NHL cars for each team for next season. So we get to see what may be the new logo on the side of a little toy car.

Hopefully the link works

Link

We may be the St. Louis Rams.

Ugh. Why do they always have to mess with a good thing? I want them back to blue and gold as much as anyone, and I'm all for updating the original uni's a bit, but they need to stay true to the old ones more than this car suggests. I am hoping this not true. The logo sucks.

You've screwed me for the last time Mattel!!!

I hope so, that looks awesome, especially the blue with the old gold.

714266[/snapback]

The gold is obviously going to be much shinier on the actual uniforms. I don't think could reproduce that for a little toy car. So I'm not worried about the dull mustard color on the car now.

It's the black buffalo that's bugging me at the moment. I guess it's a nod to the black and red years (?).

It's the black buffalo that's bugging me at the moment.  I guess it's a nod to the black and red years (?).

714271[/snapback]

That's what I'm skeptical about too. I don't mind the colors so much, and anticipated a tweak from the old blue and gold. But the logo should at least in some way resemble the old crest- that thing was awesome!

You could put a picture of a perfect 22 year old blonde with big breasts and someone would B word.

I don't know if the colors are what I was expecting, but ANYTHING is better that the sh-- we have now. And that logo? AWESOME! The one we have now looks like a giant flared nostril. The new one (the one on this toy truck) is a standing Buffalo and two Sabres. Simple, to the point, and makes sense.

Starting to think this is a false alarm. The logo is just a re-colored alternate logo that we have now with a black buffalo superimposed on it now. And it would be easy to slap those logos onto a St. Louis Rams toy car. The NHL logo on top looks a little off (photoshopped?) too.

Starting to think this is a false alarm.  The logo is just a re-colored alternate logo that we have now with a black buffalo superimposed on it now.  And it would be easy to slap those logos onto a St. Louis Rams toy car.  The NHL logo on top looks a little off (photoshopped?) too.

714298[/snapback]

Like this one: http://www.sportssanta.com/dynamicimages/p...0/115060101.jpg

Its possible that it may not be a fake, they could have used the rams car as a prototype of what the Sabres car would look like because maybe the sabres are using the same colours as the rams?

714373[/snapback]

It's possible, but unlikely. Logo dorks have been going nuts about the new Sabres for a while so it's probably just someone having fun.

Here's what one of the insiders at sportslogos.net (also one of the people who called the car completely fake from minute one) said:

The gold and blue are the same as the Indiana Pacers colors. There's something that I assume is supposed to be a Buffalo, and it's facing right, I think.

If I had to compare it to other sports logos, I'd say it looks like a cross between the Charlotte Bobcats and the Miami Dolphins with some Denver Broncos mixed in.

Take it with a grain of salt, but there are people over there who know what they're talking about.