Teams needing a Backup QB

Kelly Holcomb has no trade value.  If we did find someone to trade him to the best you could hope to get is a conditional 7th round pick or a player the other team was going to cut anyways.

713871[/snapback]

Bingo! Holcomb more a value to the Bills, than anything they would get in return for him in a trade.

Bingo!  Holcomb more a value to the Bills, than anything they would get in return for him in a trade.

713914[/snapback]

If he is going to be a locker room divider, how can he be a asset to the bills.

If Kelly Holcomb was in the right situation, he could be the next Joe Montana. His decison making and touch is umparalled. It is my prediction that not only does he win the starting quarterback job, but that he leads the Bills to 10+ wins next season.

I think he would only be marginally better than some of those guys.  Are we writing off the Bills already?  Don't we need a "stop-gap" starter for a week or two?  Neither Losman or Nall has a ton of experince.  Would Van Pelt on the sideline (he and Holcomb were seperated at birth) be enough vetran leadership for these guys?

713809[/snapback]

i am far from writing the Bills off. i love what they did for the defense on draft day, and suspect they will do the same for the OL next year. I think the future looks very bright for the Bills.

the original post was created based off my thought that sometimes QB debates cause lockeroom division. i think Nall will be a capable backup. I think Holcomb is a better QB than Losman right now, but you also have to consider the upside of Losman.

again, i don't dislike either QB, i was just trying to see if anyone thought there would be a team tempted to offer a draft pick for either of them if that team had a need.

If Kelly Holcomb was in the right situation, he could be the next Joe Montana. His decison making and touch is umparalled. It is my prediction that not only does he win the starting quarterback job, but that he leads the Bills to 10+ wins next season.

714061[/snapback]

:blush::lol::lol:

714061[/snapback]

I don't ever recall going "wow I can't believe Montana just threw a 3 yard checkdown on fourth and long"

714061[/snapback]

Kelly may be decent in the right situation. The Bills offense is not it however. The Bills are going with a conventional offense not west coast, which is the only offense he could play reasonably well with his arm strength (or should I say lack there of.) :blush:

So I was looking over the depth charts of some NFL teams and was wondering who might be a suitor for lets say, Kelly Holcomb should the Bills decide to go with Losman and let Nall be the back up....or if they feel it would be best to cut their losses with Losman if he doesn't look like he can get rid of the "deer in the headlights" look.

I am not saying I don't like Holcomb or Losamn...I am just throwing this out there for discussion for a potential late training camp trade.

The Bengals are in deeeeep caca if Carson Palmer, (A) doesn't come back 100% (B) gets hurt at any point in the season.

Bengals QB Depth:

Carson Palmer

Anthony Wright

Doug Johnson

Dave Ragone

Erik Meyer

other teams with QB Depth problems:

Panthers  Jake Delhomme / Chris Weinke

Browns  Charlie Frye / Ken Dorsey

Cowboys Drew Bledsoe / Tony Romo / Drew Henson 

Texans  David Carr / Sage Rosenfels

Chiefs  Trent Green / Damon Huard

Giants  Eli Manning / Tim Hasselbeck / (RJ)

713325[/snapback]

I could see a team with playoff potential picking up Holcomb for a 7th rounder or after we cut him, if we do.

Teams like Chiefs, Panthers, Giants, even the Pats!