Teams needing a Backup QB

So I was looking over the depth charts of some NFL teams and was wondering who might be a suitor for lets say, Kelly Holcomb should the Bills decide to go with Losman and let Nall be the back up....or if they feel it would be best to cut their losses with Losman if he doesn't look like he can get rid of the "deer in the headlights" look.

I am not saying I don't like Holcomb or Losamn...I am just throwing this out there for discussion for a potential late training camp trade.

The Bengals are in deeeeep caca if Carson Palmer, (A) doesn't come back 100% (B) gets hurt at any point in the season.

Bengals QB Depth:

Carson Palmer

Anthony Wright

Doug Johnson

Dave Ragone

Erik Meyer

other teams with QB Depth problems:

Panthers Jake Delhomme / Chris Weinke

Browns Charlie Frye / Ken Dorsey

Cowboys Drew Bledsoe / Tony Romo / Drew Henson

Texans David Carr / Sage Rosenfels

Chiefs Trent Green / Damon Huard

Giants Eli Manning / Tim Hasselbeck / (RJ)

So I was looking over the depth charts of some NFL teams and was wondering who might be a suitor for lets say, Kelly Holcomb should the Bills decide to go with Losman and let Nall be the back up....or if they feel it would be best to cut their losses with Losman if he doesn't look like he can get rid of the "deer in the headlights" look.

I am not saying I don't like Holcomb or Losamn...I am just throwing this out there for discussion for a potential late training camp trade.

The Bengals are in deeeeep caca if Carson Palmer, (A) doesn't come back 100% (B) gets hurt at any point in the season.

Bengals QB Depth:

Carson Palmer

Anthony Wright

Doug Johnson

Dave Ragone

Erik Meyer

Panthers  Jake Delhomme / Chris Weinke

Browns  Charlie Frye / Ken Dorsey

Texans  David Carr / Sage Rosenfels

Chiefs  Trent Green / Damon Huard

Giants  Eli Manning / Tim Hasselbeck / (RJ)

713325[/snapback]

Hey, the Giants have QB phenom Rob Johson too!

Also, Dave Ragone, I believe just got traded to St Louis, and the Browns are working on a deal to bring in Vinny. It seems to me, the Bengals recently signed someone else too!

I like Holcomb okay as a backup, and think, with the unknown commodity Nall, and the questions about JP's game, it would be a little premature to get rid of him now. I don't think he would bring a lot, and if I am not mistaken, he isn't eating up a lot a salary cap space. Even if he was, salary cap is not really a problem for the Bills this year.

Also, would Holcomb really be a huge upgrade for most of these teams?

Bengals QB Depth:

Carson Palmer

Anthony Wright

Doug Johnson

Dave Ragone

Erik Meyer

Panthers  Jake Delhomme / Chris Weinke

Browns  Charlie Frye / Ken Dorsey

Texans  David Carr / Sage Rosenfels

Chiefs  Trent Green / Damon Huard

Giants  Eli Manning / Tim Hasselbeck / (RJ)

713325[/snapback]

Jay Fiedler 34, said he is in talks with "three or four teams," and interest has increased in recent weeks since he reached the throwing stage of his rehabilitation. The right-hander had surgery in December to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder sustained early in the 2005 season playing for the Jets, who released him.

Tampa Bay is in the market for an experienced quarterback to add depth behind starter Chris Simms after recently losing backup Luke McCown to a right knee injury. Fiedler, a 12-year pro coming off shoulder surgery, is weighing his options.

Also, would Holcomb really be a huge upgrade for most of these teams?

713330[/snapback]

i believe so. i am not talking about him going into any of those situations and competing to be a starter.....but a definately think he is an upgrade to all those teams as a backup and stop gap starter for a week or two.

i believe so.  i am not talking about him going into any of those situations and competing to be a starter.....but a definately think he is an upgrade to all those teams as a backup and stop gap starter for a week or two.

713344[/snapback]

I think KH would be an upgrade to the Cowboys #1...

not a huge upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless.

I think KH would be an upgrade to the Cowboys #1...

not a huge upgrade, but an upgrade nonetheless.

713347[/snapback]

excellent point ;)

You persistant little fugger! ;)

Isn't there a rule around here about crusading? :blink:

713349[/snapback]

I'm just stating the obvious, that's all...

KH has limitations, but he doesn't get rattled after he gets smacked around...

and the Cowboys QB this year,

with the likes of Kyle Kosier & Jason Fabini on the OL,

will get smacked around a lot.

Kerry Collins is going to be a smart pickup for somebody. If I were Dallas I'd find a way to do it. Dallas could be REAL good this year and if something happens to Bledsoe----bye, bye season.

713541[/snapback]

So you're saying the Cowboys should pick up Collins? Ok well they are so qualties the both bledsoe and Collins share.

1) They are both slow.

2) Storng arms.

3) About the same age.

Kerry Collins is going to be a smart pickup for somebody. If I were Dallas I'd find a way to do it. Dallas could be REAL good this year and if something happens to Bledsoe----bye, bye season.

713541[/snapback]

Hey, this is the modern day NFL. Dallas could be REAL bad this year. Looking at DBs 2nd half last season & adding in the TO factor for the second half of this years season, I'm not seeing Dallas being much more than quite good....

& I agree, KC will be a smart pickup for somebody.

713541[/snapback]

He's had some interest but he's unwilling to come off of his asking price, which is said to be around $3-4 million per year. Nobody is going to pay that to a backup. Until he comes to his senses, he'll remain unsigned.

i believe so.  i am not talking about him going into any of those situations and competing to be a starter.....but a definately think he is an upgrade to all those teams as a backup and stop gap starter for a week or two.

713344[/snapback]

I think he would only be marginally better than some of those guys. Are we writing off the Bills already? Don't we need a "stop-gap" starter for a week or two? Neither Losman or Nall has a ton of experince. Would Van Pelt on the sideline (he and Holcomb were seperated at birth) be enough vetran leadership for these guys?

I'm just stating the obvious, that's all...

KH has limitations, but he doesn't get rattled after he gets smacked around...

and the Cowboys QB this year,

with the likes of Kyle Kosier & Jason Fabini on the OL,

will get smacked around a lot.

713352[/snapback]

Hey, I was just joking with you! 0:)