Congrats Miami Heat NBA Champs

Rico

I dont watch much basketball but D Wade is a hell of a ball player. I also liked seeing Shaq win without that punk Kobe. I also was sick of Mark Cubans antics.

711534[/snapback]

That's the best part of Miami winning the title for me. I can't stand Kobe, and I'm sure he's disgusted @ watching Shaq get another ring w/out him.

That's the best part of Miami winning the title for me.  I can't stand Kobe, and I'm sure he's disgusted @ watching Shaq get another ring w/out him.

711542[/snapback]

I kept wanting Shaq to bust out with "Hey Kobe, how do you like me now?"

I kept wanting Shaq to bust out with "Hey Kobe, how do you like me now?"

711551[/snapback]

He basically did, saying that DWade is the best player in the league, and called him the "best teammate you could ask for."

I don't think either Miami or Dallas deserved a championship

711551[/snapback]

What does this mean? The cities, or the teams? Both these teams were at the very top of their respective conferences all year, and both beat the 'favorites' (Detroit and San Antonio) without home court advantage. Dallas is VERY deep, and has a bonafide star in Nowitzki, and Miami has two of the best in Wade and Shaq. These teams were more deserving than anyone else.

I wanted Miami to win, but there's a twinge of sadness I feel not being able to see David Stern hand that trophy to Mark Cuban. That would've been priceless.

cuban is great! he is like steinbrenner(surprise surprise I am a George fan). He wants a winner and seems to genuinely care about his team(passionately), he is fairly hands off(as opposed to the jerry jones' of the world), but he is willing to spend to put the best players on the court. Could you imagine Dirk and Steve Nash playing together at this point in both careers...yikes

I dont watch much basketball but D Wade is a hell of a ball player. I also liked seeing Shaq win without that punk Kobe. I also was sick of Mark Cubans antics.

711534[/snapback]

QUOTE(Rico @ Jun 20 2006, 11:12 PM)

I don't think either Miami or Dallas deserved a championship

What does this mean?  The cities, or the teams? 

711564[/snapback]

Cities.. should've been clearer. Both teams were definitely worthy, especially the Heat.

cuban is great!  he is like steinbrenner(surprise surprise I am a George fan).  He wants a winner and seems to genuinely care about his team(passionately), he is fairly hands off(as opposed to the jerry jones' of the world), but he is willing to spend to put the best players on the court.  Could you imagine Dirk and Steve Nash playing together at this point in both careers...yikes

711582[/snapback]

He is the owner you want for your team, but as the owner of someone elses team--he's an ahole.

I couldn't be happier with last night's results. When it comes to pro sports I hate all things emanating from the metroplex.

He basically did, saying that DWade is the best player in the league, and called him the "best teammate you could ask for."

711564[/snapback]

He also said that Pat Riley was the best coach he ever played for, a nice slap at Phil Jackson. :w00t:

Good to see Payton & Alonzo finally get a ring, too.

Congrats to the Heat - very 2002 Lakeresque - if anybody remembers the WWF style officiating vs. Sacramento.

Wade is phenominal and Miami won Games 4 and 6 but the refs clearly decided 3 and 5.

Probably the only sport where I can begin the series rooting for one team and pull an Italy before Game 6 because one team is getting jobbed so badly. Thank God I'm not a big fan of that game anymore.