V-coach: McGahee AT mini-camp this week

Ramius

Are his baby mommas takin care of his kids?!?! :huh:

Seriousily though, people make far big of a deal about these camps. Yeah it helps going through the motions of drills, but Im sure he still gets a playbook and keeps himself in shape in Miami. Much more concerned about a passing game keeping safeties back from stacking the box this year unlike last season. Camp is a bigger deal for linemen and qb's then rb's

nm

maybe this will make some of the members of the new willis-trashing brigade shut the hell up.

707175[/snapback]

For some reason, I fear that the "Willis-trashing brigade" will find something (however small or completely irrelevant) to criticize him.

He is still an ingrate who may know the meaning of those two words, and the word ME but doesn't know what TEAM means. He has much God given talent and I hope he matures to maximize it with a franchise who went out on a limb to make him a first rounder and gave him a year to re-hab. We'll see.

Congrats to willis for showing up at a mandatory mini camp, he's an exemplory teammate who deserves a contract extension.

It's amazing how little we expect from pro athletes anymore.

707180[/snapback]

I wasnt congradulating him. i am sick of everyone trashing him and wanting him gone because he skipped a few voluntary camps and has a couple of kids out of wedlock. He has yet to commit a crime, so what he does off the field is his own business. As long as he shows up when hes SUPPOSED to and he's in shape and ready to go thats what matters.

As long as he gives 100% on sunday afternoon, i could care less what else he does. As someone else stated, its not he doesnt have a playbook or isnt working out or anything.

I'm sure he was doing both of these things while he was guest host on NFL Total Access during a recent voluntary OTA.  :huh:

707287[/snapback]

Yes, because appearing on NFL total access obviously occupied his entire offseason. It probably took them months to film that segment, so obviously willis had no OTHER time to work out or go over the playbook or anything. :lol:

Willisbad!

Yes, because appearing on NFL total access obviously occupied his entire offseason. It probably took them months to film that segment, so obviously willis had no OTHER time to work out or go over the playbook or anything. :huh:

Willisbad!

707299[/snapback]

First off he was there all week long during one of the OTA's, not for 15 minutes while they taped an interview.. Also, what message does it send to his veteran teammates that have been at all or at least some of the voluntary OTA's.

In summary, he's not worth even arguing about because when his contract is up, he is gone.

This is an interview from BuffaloBills.com:

The man everyone was eagerly anticipating was out on the field with his teammates Monday. Willis McGahee made his first appearance in an organized practice setting this offseason and settled right back into his top running back spot on the depth chart.

McGahee explained what he's been doing while away from the rest of his teammates.

"I've been working out in Miami doing everything down there," said McGahee. "I've been doing a lot of running and lifting weights in the heat."

The Bills fourth-year back has a personal trainer and his hard work was evident as Willis showed off a six pack of abs. He also admitted he was carrying less weight than he did in 2005, and hinted he may be even trimmer come training camp.

"I'm leaner and lighter," said McGahee. "I'm going to be even lighter when I come in (for training camp)."

Of course McGahee won't say how much lighter he is this season, but when asked by Buffalobills.com if he felt sluggish at times last season he offered the following.

"I did a little bit," he said. "I did. (Getting lighter) was just something I wanted to do. I had to switch it up."

Last season McGahee was often asked to push the pile as clean holes were infrequent in the running game. He felt the offensive staff tried to change his game a bit to make him more of a plow horse than a thoroughbred.

McGahee says he has no doubt that he is faster and believes he hasn't sacrificed any strength in being lighter.

"I'll get through (the hole)," he insisted. "I'll get through the hole a little quicker so I don't have to plow."

The Bills top back was frustrated with how he was used, or not used in the offense last season, but has put his full faith in new offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.

"I'm not going to talk to coach Fairchild," said McGahee. "Coach Fairchild knows what he's doing so I'm not going to worry about it."

As far as the upcoming season is concerned McGahee is determined to improve upon last year's rushing numbers (1,247 yards).

"I want to do better than I did last year," he said.

WELCOME BACK WILLIS!!!!! :huh:

:huh:  :lol:  Did he steal this line from TO?? :lol:  :lol:

707389[/snapback]

Willisbad!

keep reaching for willis bashing commens blue. But you did do a good job of taking something completely out of context and twisting it to fit your willis-hating arguement.

Read the article, and it talks about how willis feels he was mis-used last season. His not talking to fairchild means that he's not going to whine to fairchild to keep him in there on 3rd downs. He means that he assumes fairchild is smart enough to keep him in the game during those situations, and not be a complete retard like mularkey.

Willisbad!

keep reaching for willis bashing commens blue. But you did do a good job of taking something completely out of context and twisting it to fit your willis-hating arguement.

Read the article, and it talks about how willis feels he was mis-used last season. His not talking to fairchild means that he's not going to whine to fairchild to keep him in there on 3rd downs. He means that he assumes fairchild is smart enough to keep him in the game during those situations, and not be a complete retard like mularkey.

707420[/snapback]

Did you see the laughing smilies at the end of the post. It was a joke. Lighten up and take a break from the Willis ballwashing. :):lol:

Did you see the laughing smilies at the end of the post.  It was a joke.  Lighten up and take a break from the Willis ballwashing.  :)  :lol:

707434[/snapback]

missed the smilies :)

I'm not trying to ballwash willis. I wasnt exactly pleased that he missed OTA's, but i just hate the willis bashing.

Did you see the laughing smilies at the end of the post.  It was a joke.  Lighten up and take a break from the Willis ballwashing.  :)  :lol:

707434[/snapback]

Ha! Maybe you should practice what you preach with all your Willis nut-hugging :)

McGahee said that he was up to 240 lbs. last year in an article in the Democrat & Chronicle. 240 lbs. on his frame is ridiculous. That's like Jamal Lewis size. No wonder he seemed a step slower. I bet he comes into camp this year around 210-215 because they said he's already ripped and trying to drop a few more pounds. Willis was only like 205 at Miami his last year there. That was the year that he went off on the whole ACC and Ohio St. until they blew his knee out in the NC game. If he gets back to that speed and quickness? Whoa, watch out NFL cuz Willis is back!!! :)

McGahee said that he was up to 240 lbs. last year in an article in the Democrat & Chronicle. 240 lbs. on his frame is ridiculous. That's like Jamal Lewis size. No wonder he seemed a step slower. I bet he comes into camp this year around 210-215 because they said he's already ripped and trying to drop a few more pounds. Willis was only like 205 at Miami his last year there. That was the year that he went off on the whole ACC and Ohio St. until they blew his knee out in the NC game. If he gets back to that speed and quickness? Whoa, watch out NFL cuz Willis is back!!! 0:)

707643[/snapback]

Willis was never 205.

I believe the lowest that he has played at during college was around the 215 range. He has always been a decent size back. But your right.....I hated watching him at 240. Very very slow. If he can get down to around 215-220 than I will be a happy man.