OT-I'm going to see morrissey tomorrow...

IBTG81

What's that?  Is that what you did with your embezzled funds, bought front row seats.

52781[/snapback]

Nah. My GF went on ticketmaster the second they went on sale and was able to snag 2 front row ones.

BTW, Ed, how the hell would I know them.  I am 20 years older then you.  I listened to Alabama, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Van Halen, Charlie Daniels, etc... when I was your age.

52792[/snapback]

They were around in the mid to late 80's!

Ummm, I liked the Smiths and I like Morrissey a lot, but one of the best bands in the history of music?  ;)

52953[/snapback]

They played out here a couple of weeks ago with Tears For Fears. Couldnt see it but it would have been cool. Really like Moriessey and the Smiths but its definitely not for all tastes. Pretty refined lyrics and music. I think most on this board are into classic rock so your post will be lost on alot of peeps here :devil:

The show was amazing, but the security sucked. People kept jumoing on stage, and first Moz thought it was funny, then he got annoyed. He came out for an encore, then left during the middle of the song b/c about 10 people jumped up. The security sucked! :wub:

To the Tower Theater security... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Oh man, I'm totally jealous! I've been a Morrisey/Smiths fan since the 80s and I was Music Director at our college radio station.

People who haven't heard of the Smiths are missing some great music.

He's a whiney depressing angst ridden no-talent.

The pu**ification of Ed is complete. :wub:

52874[/snapback]

I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Have you actually heard songs like "Cemetery Gates" or "Paint a Vulgar Picture"? How about "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others", "Ask", or "Girlfriend in a Coma"? Hardly depressing, angst-ridden or boring. Actually, some of those songs are friggin' hilarious, and they are meant to be.

And anyone who calls the Smiths talentless might not know a well-crafted song if it hit them in the nose. My guess is you probably haven't heard too much of the Smiths.