Chinese Restaurant scores...

Tux of Borg

Link

Chinese Restaurant scores 42 Violations in one inspection.

18 which were critical.

1. Working containers of food removed from original container not identified by common name.

2. Critical. Shell eggs held in a unit maintaining an ambient air temperature greater than 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Critical. No thermometer provided to measure temperature of food product.

4. Critical. No conspicuously located thermometer in holding unit.

5. Critical. Observed potentially hazardous food thawed at room temperature.

6. Critical. Observed raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food.

7. Observed in-use utensil stored in standing water less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit.

8. Observed cutting board grooved/pitted and no longer cleanable.

9. Observed a nonfood-grade basting brush used in food.

10. Critical. Observed accumulation of debris in warewashing machine and associated equipment.

11. Critical. No chemical test kit provided when using chemical sanitizer at three-compartment sink/warewashing machine.

12. Wet wiping cloth not stored in sanitizing solution between uses.

13. Observed soil residue in storage containers.

14. Observed buildup of slime in the interior of ice machine.

15. Observed build-up of food debris, dust or dirt on nonfood-contact surface. shelf over steam table

16. Clean glasses, cups, utensils, pots and pans not stored inverted or in a protected manner.

17. Observed single-service articles stored without protection from contamination.

18. Critical. Hot water not provided/shut off at employee hand wash sink. 3 compartment sink

19. Faucet/handle missing at plumbing fixture.

20. Critical. Vacuum breaker mising at hose bibb.

21. Critical. Hand sink missing at dishwashing machine or area.

22. Bathroom not enclosed with tight-fitting, self-closing doors.

23. No handwashing sign provided at a handsink used by food employees.

24. Hand wash sink lacking proper hand drying provisions.

25. Handwashing cleanser lacking at handwashing lavatory.

26. Observed open dumpster lid.

27. Critical. Observed dead roaches on premises.

28. Critical. Observed roach activity as evidenced by live roaches found 2 live roaches on chicken table

29. Critical. Observed live flies in kitchen.

30. Critical. Outer openings not protected and vermin and/or environmental cross-contamination present.

31. Observed grease accumulated under cooking equipment.

32. Observed food debris accumulated on kitchen floor.

33. Observed wall in disrepair.

34. Ten (10) foot-candles of light at least 30 inches from floor not provided in walk-in refrigeration unit.

35. Lights missing the proper shield, sleeve coatings or covers.

36. Fifty (50) foot-candles of light not provided at a food working surface or where safety is a factor.

37. Critical. Observed toxic item stored by food.

38. Observed unnecessary items on the premise.

39. Critical. Observed misalignment of hood suppression system nozzles.

40. Critical. Portable fire extinguisher not properly mounted at least 4 inches off the floor and the top no higher than 5 feet off the floor.

41. Critical. Observed extension cord in use for non-temporary period.

42. Carbon dioxide/helium tanks not adequately secured.

Back in the '60s in East Hartford, there was a problem that a lot of people's cats were disappearing. (Well, some people see that as a problem ;)).

So, one day, this kid my father knew.... his mother was cleaning up his room and found a drawer with wads of money in it, and bear in mind this was back in the day when a nickel went a long way.

Turns out, he would shoot cats with his BB gun and sell them to a Chinese restaurant in the area.

Yes, people, stereotypes don't always come from thin air.

My brother-in-law used to drive trucks for a well known company that supples restaurants. He said some of the fanciest, well known restraunts in WNY had filthy kitchens. We used to ask his opinion of a place before eating there.

Back in the '60s in East Hartford, there was a problem that a lot of people's cats were disappearing. (Well, some people see that as a problem 0:)).

So, one day, this kid my father knew.... his mother was cleaning up his room and found a drawer with wads of money in it, and bear in mind this was back in the day when a nickel went a long way.

Turns out, he would shoot cats with his BB gun and sell them to a Chinese restaurant in the area.

Yes, people, stereotypes don't always come from thin air.

706677[/snapback]

I have a hamster for sale if I could just catch him.

In LA county they find ONE cockroach they shut you down for infestation. That place should be burned to the ground.

I liked this one:

38. Observed unnecessary items on the premise.

"We don't have any idea what that is, but we really don't think it belongs in a restaurant." 0:)

About fifteen years ago I was fishing in the merrimack river for carp, back then the river water could be real bad basically a sewer if it was raining.

The spot I fished was 200 yds upstream from the treatment plant outflow pipe, and the carp loved it and averaged 20 lbs. There was couple other fishermen trying their luck, when I landed a biggin and was about to toss it back, dude says wait I'll take it if your going to let it go.

I gave him the fish then asked him are you seriously going to eat that fish from this water. He said no I have a bar tab at the mandarin and I pay my bill in carp.