Lenny P Tip Sheet

Rico

Tip Sheet

Tailback Willis McGahee remains the lone Buffalo player to have attended none of the Bills' voluntary offseason sessions and his absence is becoming irksome to coaches and a few teammates :lol:

The last word: "You have coaches and players that, with all the OTAs (organized team activities), there is no longer an offseason. Coaches want rest, too. How many camps do you need? We have passing camps, running camps, fumbling camps … start naming them. We all need rest and time away from the game, so that when you come back, you're here and totally committed to the season." -- Buffalo Bills safety and NFL Players Association president Troy Vincent, on the ever-shrinking offseason :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Sheet

Tailback Willis McGahee remains the lone Buffalo player to have attended none of the Bills' voluntary offseason sessions and his absence is becoming irksome to coaches and a few teammates  :lol:

The last word: "You have coaches and players that, with all the OTAs (organized team activities), there is no longer an offseason. Coaches want rest, too. How many camps do you need? We have passing camps, running camps, fumbling camps … start naming them. We all need rest and time away from the game, so that when you come back, you're here and totally committed to the season." -- Buffalo Bills safety and NFL Players Association president Troy Vincent, on the ever-shrinking offseason :lol:

706022[/snapback]

God forbid they have to actually WORK for a week here and there during their precious offseason. I can't stand listening to professional athletes whine about stuff.....I like Troy, but he's apparently a bit out of touch, too. Anyone who is not "totally committed to the season" deserves to get his ass cut, IMO.

Tip Sheet

Tailback Willis McGahee remains the lone Buffalo player to have attended none of the Bills' voluntary offseason sessions and his absence is becoming irksome to coaches and a few teammates  :lol:

706022[/snapback]

Really Troy...I'm still waiting for my offseason. Oh that's right I have to work year round so I can afford to go see idiots like you complain about too little time off! Does anyone else hate Troy Vincent? This guy seems to get a free pass because somebody started the rumor that he is a really great guy. He complains about having to work to much and injures young players to prove a point.

Really Troy...I'm still waiting for my offseason.  Oh that's right I have to work year round so I can afford to go see idiots like you complain about too little time off!  Does anyone else hate Troy Vincent?  This guy seems to get a free pass because somebody started the rumor that he is a really great guy.  He complains about having to work to much and injures young players to prove a point.

706027[/snapback]

Hey Troy, I got two words for ya....."Ko Simpson"

God forbid they have to actually WORK for a week here and there during their precious offseason. I can't stand listening to professional athletes whine about stuff.....I like Troy, but he's apparently a bit out of touch, too. Anyone who is not "totally committed to the season" deserves to get his ass cut, IMO.

706026[/snapback]

Only a matter of time before his slow, beat-up ass gets cut... this team doesn't need a locker-room lawyer.

Virtually none of you knows what these guys go through. They have valid complaints but because they make alot of money in the short term they haven't earned the right to complain? Wrong. I used to hear the same crap when I was in the military ("You signed up"). Utter bull sh--.

Only a matter a time before his slow, beat-up ass gets cut... this team doesn't need a locker-room lawyer.

706034[/snapback]

I hope you're right....I was glad when we signed him since we'd just lost AW and we didn't know what we had in T-Mac.....but I just assume we send him on his way now. I'd rather see Ko in there getting his feet wet at the position so that he's not a liability when we're ready to contend.

I hope you're right....I was glad when we signed him since we'd just lost AW and we didn't know what we had in T-Mac.....but I just assume we send him on his way now. I'd rather see Ko in there getting his feet wet at the position so that he's not a liability when we're ready to contend.

706040[/snapback]

Ko would be ideal, but Baker would work for me too.

Virtually none of you knows what these guys go through.  They have valid complaints but because they make alot of money in the short term they haven't earned the right to complain?  Wrong.  I used to hear the same crap when I was in the military ("You signed up").  Utter bull sh--.

706035[/snapback]

I have the utmost respect and admiration for the men and women who make the decision to enter the military. Maybe I'm not seeing your point, but I consider millionaire professional athletes who play a game for their job as being the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

706043[/snapback]

I forgot about Rashad....I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing him take over for Troy either. That guy can lay some hits.

Virtually none of you knows what these guys go through.  They have valid complaints but because they make alot of money in the short term they haven't earned the right to complain?  Wrong.  I used to hear the same crap when I was in the military ("You signed up").  Utter bull sh--.

706035[/snapback]

Last I knew, playing football was voluntary. I would guarentee 95% of the men in this counrty would gladly go through what football players do in exchange for a million dollars. I for one will not feel sympathy for Troy having to work almost year round now!

Last I knew, playing football was voluntary.  I would guarentee 95% of the men in this counrty would gladly go through what football players do in exchange for a million dollars.  I for one will not feel sympathy for Troy having to work almost year round now!

706049[/snapback]

I am not sure what Troy Vincent was doing was complaining about having to work too much. It sounds more, to me, like he is saying, in order to be focused on the football season, you need time away from it, for your body and mind to heal...it always makes me laugh when people compare their jobs to athletes. They are not the same job. People just need to relax...so do football players...when you go home from your job, you go home to your family. Many of these guys do not live in Buffalo (or wahtever city they play in), should they be denied time with their family (fiends, whatever), even during the off-season, because we don't like the fact that they are not devoting their lives 24/7 to making us happy every Sunday for 16-21 weeks?

I would prefer to see guys like Willis, Vincent and Vilarreall at the OTA's to, but it doesn't, to me, mean that they are valueless as players, if they are not there. Get a grip.

Last I knew, playing football was voluntary.  I would guarentee 95% of the men in this counrty would gladly go through what football players do in exchange for a million dollars.  I for one will not feel sympathy for Troy having to work almost year round now!

706049[/snapback]

And that 95% would play in front of 10 people comprised of friends & family (maybe). And how many of those 95% would stand up after being hit by a 295 lb cinder block?

706035[/snapback]

Is it just me, or do you tend to disappear for extended periods of time, only to resurface, sh-- on someone and then disappear again? :lol:

Cranky bastige... :lol:

None of us go through the physical beating these guys take for 5-6 months straight. Your body does need time to recover.

As for your mind...how would you feel listening to Mularkey for 6 months? I thought so. Let the vets get away and come back refreshed and ready to play.

I am not sure what Troy Vincent was doing was complaining about having to work too much.  It sounds more, to me, like he is saying, in order to be focused on the football season, you need time away from it, for your body and mind to heal...it always makes me laugh when people compare their jobs to athletes.  They are not the same job. People just need to relax...so do football players...when you go home from your job, you go home to your family.  Many of these guys do not live in Buffalo (or wahtever city they play in), should they be denied time with their family (fiends, whatever), even during the off-season, because we don't like the fact that they are not devoting their lives 24/7 to making us happy every Sunday for 16-21 weeks?

I would prefer to see guys like Willis, Vincent and Vilarreall at the OTA's to, but it doesn't, to me, mean that they are valueless as players, if they are not there.  Get a grip.

706061[/snapback]

I think you are right on target. I love the quote from a Supreme Court Justice (Brandeis I think) who said that it was possible for him to 52 weeks worth of work in 50 weeks, but impossible for him to do 52 weeks worth of work in 52 weeks.

My sense is that the players play better if the OTAs are voluntary and in addition to getting paid to play a little boys game that they take a chunk of time off to forget about being judged by the coaches and the fans.

As long as Willis gets to 2000 yards rushing faster than any other back in Bills history, I have little problem with him skipping voluntary practices. In particular given that in the past two years he has shown incredible diligence by working himsel into the physical ability to start and then last year worked out diligently at the U to put on the muscle needed to get pounded by Brian urlacher and Junior Seau, I think the motivation issues raised on TSW are little more than whining.

Its American society and we operate by The Golden Ruke, he who has the most gold generally rules.

WM is a talented guy and by agreement between the players and the team the OTAs are voluntary.

If the teams do not like it they should have held out to make OTAs mandatory. If we fans are jealous because these men are so well paid to play a boys game, then we can whine to no effect if we want to or go watch something else.

wow, talk about blowing it up into "Troy Vincent bitches about working too much"

He's doing his job, not bitching about being overworked. Way to twist the guy's words.

you guys are unreal. He's the Pres of the Players Union, he represents the union! THE UNION. If any one of you were in the NFL you'd love to have a mouthpiece like TV on your side. I read all the time "if I were a player, I'd be there at all the OTA's"....

really??? lets see you have that attitude after you've played a few years. Especially when your union representatives fought for you and therefore succeeded in mandating that the OTA's be "voluntary".

Until the union loses this battle (which it never will) the players have the right to skip them. So blast away, that's fine, quite frankly. But you can't say that you'd be at every OTA if you were a football player. You just don't know that you would.

And for the one's that b*tch that they work all year long, well that's your own damn fault :lol: . every player in the league is there because they chose to make that their profession. They succeeded and now their enjoying the benefits.

I work my a$$ off too, but I choose to, no one forces me to. I would like to think if I were fortunate enough to have made a living as a NFL player, I'd be there as well for the OTA's, but I'll be damned if anyone tells me I am SUPPOSED to be there.

I see some even say they "hate Troy Vincent".....get real, you don't even know the guy.

you guys need to lighten up.

706043[/snapback]

Perhaps I make a different assessment than you or perhaps we have different goals for our team.

Either way I am all for the guy who tied for the team lead in INTs and in fumble recoveries as TV did last year to be our starting FS.

TV is getting old for the pro game and he could hit the wall suddenly which if he does we should look elsewhere.

However, his statistical productivity and my observations of the game (I think the stats are a better indicator as we all see generally what we want to see including me) indicate that TV has not hit the wall yet as a player. Even though he almost certainly has lost a step or two in speed as he has gotten older (he had more speed to start from as historically he has covered the opponents best WR and struck me as a far better keep than Milloy).

The other two big things is that our switch to a Cover 2 and our draft has greatly increased TV's utility to the Bills.

He was required to play in a zone blitz scheme last year which was far more Millou's game as a big hitter who can pinch the line than TVs game which historically has involved laying some lumber on folks (which he has shown no reluctantance to do) but he is more of a coverage guy.

As a safety in a Cover 2 (or the Tampa 2) it will be demanded that he be more of centerfielder. As an older dude he has seen a lot of plays and this style will easily extend his career by a year if not two.

Also of import, we drafed Whitner, Yobouty and Simpson and it is harder to imagine them learning how to be a pro (which all rooks even immediate starter Whitner must learn). They simply cannot do any better than learn at the knee of a perenial Pro Bowl CB in the past who is respected enough and had his head screwed on straight to be elected by his peers NFLPA Pres.

Folks can whine if they want to about these athletes being way overpaid to pay a boys game. It isn't fair, but if folks had not noticed life isn't fair.

Because life isn't fair if he hits the wall due to age cut his butt and I hope the door does not hit him on the way out.

However, given his production on a bad team last year, our scheme playing to his strengths, and him having a role to train players how to play on the field and at least stay out of trouble off the field, I look forward to rooting for Buffalo Bill Troy Vincent this year.

In case folks haven't noticed, the owners beat the NFLPA's butt so bad in the replacement player battle of the mid 80s that the NFLPA had to pull out their nuke of threatening to decertify themselves.

The team owners confronted with the horrible option of negotiating with individual players in a free market, instead agreed to form a partnership with the NFLPA to restrain trade through the draft, the CBA, and lawsuits by both parties against people who try to follow the free market route of MLB, NBA, tennis, golf etc and play when they are well under the age of consent.

In the new CBA the players are not only partners but arguably the majority partners as they take home 59.5% of the gross revenues.

Cry if you want but this is the way of the world and America in particular.