*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

That's what they are supposed to do. They are ususally trying to get the other player carded. Cards actually add up from game to game...

707335[/snapback]

That's another reason to watch the paint. These guys are bigger whiners than the NBA players.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in a Irish pub with my wife last weekend and they were showing highlights.  These guys are nuts.  I'm suprised the NFL doesn't recruit some of these goons.

707480[/snapback]

I don't understand the rules. Maybe because I never bothered to learn them. Maybe if the Bills ever move to LA, i'll switch to Rugby :)

the fix is in...Ghana players are getting killed in the box and NO CALLS...

707336[/snapback]

The first could have been a penalty. The second player had he not tried to fly through the two players might have gotten the penalty.

Mind you Italy were easily the better team and deserved victory in their game. Defence looked dodgey, though, which is unusual for them.

707417[/snapback]

Nesta played flawless. Grosso made one mistake.

I wouldn't say dodgy, I would say exceptional :)

Holy crap, what an end to this game....the Poland keeper is standing on his head under a ton of heat from the Germans. They go to the last minute of the game and Germany puts two balls off the crossbar back to back, and then a goal is waved off by an offsides penalty. Then just when Poland seems to have survived, Germany comes back and puts one in the back of the net for the win......amazing!

Holy crap, what an end to this game....the Poland keeper is standing on his head under a ton of heat from the Germans. They go to the last minute of the game and Germany puts two balls off the crossbar back to back, and then a goal is waved off by an offsides penalty. Then just when Poland seems to have survived, Germany comes back and puts one in the back of the net for the win......amazing!

708449[/snapback]

And yet my paint has been dry for hours and I've moved on to better things. :D

708449[/snapback]

Great game! I have a bunch of friends from Ecuador so I am happy for them that Germany won. Spain looked awesome today! I have watched every game and I would have to say IMO Spain and Czech Republic have looked the best so far. Germany looks tough, as do England and Italy. Brazil looked really beatable yesterday. Should be wide open. Amazing how many soccer haters post in these threads that they hate soccer- like we give a !@#$. Dont like soccer dont watch it. I know I dont post how much I hate Lost or American Idol- I choose to ignore them. I digress- Go USA! Start Eddie Johnson and get Beasley the !@#$ out of the lineup! Move Landon to midfield and lets play with some passion this time!

Then what are you doing hanging out in this thread?  :D

708482[/snapback]

I heard someone yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!" nine times and I thought it was an exciting period of playoff hockey. Then I realized it was three world cups games.

I heard someone yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!" nine times and I thought it was an exciting period of playoff hockey.  Then I realized it was three world cups games.

708488[/snapback]

:D

Don't you have some banks to rob :D