This is a Football Post!

Tolstoy

2 me soccer is like what george carlin said golf is like........its like watching flys fuk! i cant stand a sport where when the refs are clearly wrong if you try to point it out you get "carded for it" or a game where you dont know how many penatly minutes the refs have added...i'll watch hockey thats the version of soccer i like

Today begins the biggest football tournament in the world.  It also happens to be the biggest sporting event in the world.  Last time around it netted close to 30 billion (yes billion) viewers.  In the words of one writer:

"This is big, dude. Bigger than the Super Bowl. Bigger than the Beatles. Bigger than Brando's undergarments."

ESPN has transferred one of their top baseball men (Dave O'Brien) to cover the event (and he has been cramming for 6 months)

Who will watch the World Cup of Soccer?

I will.

Who is with me?

705637[/snapback]

World grass growing championship. Save a couple of hours and go straight to the shoot out!

30 billion viewers, eh? Aren't there only 6.5 billion people on earth?  :lol:

Yeah, I'll watch and will be rooting for the US. But honestly, it's hard to get that excited for a team that will likely be facing a quick exit from the tournament.

And by the way, this should be in the off-topic board. Your LAMP attempt and shameless soccer plug did not amuse me this morning.

705674[/snapback]

I am well aware of the population of the world. In fact, the numbers here refer to the combined audience of all the World Cup games.