Death by Taco Bell

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/06...06062006/196884

I am so glad that these guys felt eating at Taco Bell was so more important then either helping out or at least calling the police while the victim was beat to death.

The evidence also indicates that Moore was beaten for a considerable period of time.

Two young men who were on the canal path between the Mary Washington Hospital area and the Fredericksburg Shopping Center said they saw the beating in progress on their way to Taco Bell.

The witnesses said the beating was still going strong when they walked back by after eating their meals. They called the police at that point, and Reynolds said the two were still beating Moore when he arrived.

I am so glad that these guys felt eating at Taco Bell was so more important then either helping out or at least calling the police while the victim was beat to death.

704020[/snapback]

We can only hope that the witnesses suffer a similair fate while people walk by too dissinterested to help! I had a friend that was jumped by several guys at a bar. Many of his "friends" that were there didn't do anything to help because they were cowards and "thought he had everything under control". Doctors later drilled a hole in his skull to relieve the pressure! I could not go through life thinking I could have saved a life but was too afraid to help. The same people who will not get involved in helping to prevent or solve crimes are the first ones to complain when a crime affects their lives. This is why the "don't snitch" shirts that are showing up all over Rochester are so disturbing. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!

Years ago me and my cousin were in store 24 on columbia rd. in dorchester ma. when two guys stormed through the doors screaming. I said to my cousin lets go it's a robbery, soon as we left , the two guys came out with the black guy beating the white guy with a bat screaming give me the money. People in the lot just watched while the guy pleaded for help, inturn the crowd said give him the money. Anyway I was only ten yrs old , made it home and told my parents and they called the cops. Thinking about it now, the guy probaly deserved it. Pay as you go 0:)

704020[/snapback]

When I lived in Phoenix I had a friend whose name was Brad. Brad lived with a girl, not as a girlfriend but a housemate. They weren't really friends either, just shared a two bedroom apartment. Well one day, Brad felt pains in his chest, and thought he was having a heart attack. And he knocked on the girl's bedroom door and said he thinks she better take him to the ER because he is having a heart attack. So she takes him there, and sure enough, it was a heart attack, although fairly mild as those things go. They did keep him there for two days though.

But they got to the ER about 5-10 minutes late because en route to the hospital, the girl stopped at a 7-11 and got some doritos and a diet coke.

Years ago me and my cousin were in store 24 on columbia rd. in dorchester ma. when two guys stormed through the doors screaming. I said to my cousin lets go it's a robbery, soon as we left , the two guys came out with the black guy beating the white guy with a bat screaming give me the money. People in the lot just watched while the guy pleaded for help, inturn the crowd said give him the money. Anyway I was only ten yrs old , made it home and told my parents and they called the cops. Thinking about it now, the guy probaly deserved it. Pay as you go 0:)

704216[/snapback]

Everett Square was a tough area. I lived on Boston street and Mt Vernon street while getting my MS at UMass/Boston. That store was getting robbed all the time. There was a pub on Dot ave a few blocks from Columbia road (in the Stabbin Kill direction) that I used to frequent, the Griffin (?) maybe?

Everett Square was a tough area.  I lived on Boston street and Mt Vernon street while getting my MS at UMass/Boston.  That store was getting robbed all the time.  There was a pub on Dot ave a few blocks from Columbia road (in the Stabbin Kill direction) that I used to frequent, the Griffin (?) maybe?

704291[/snapback]

Yeah, my cousin lived on e. cottage I lived on sawyer ave. which is by the 400 steps, t playground and st. margrets hsp..... On saturdays we went to the savin hill boys club, and sundays were forced to walk to st. kevins for mass, which we skipped and usually headed for savin hill beach, for fishing. When I was a teen we drove down dudley st. at night lighting a whole slew of fireworks out the window to scare the pedestrians in that area, in our attempt at humor. 0:)

The blood is on those two cowards hands.  WTF?

704798[/snapback]

Actually, the blood is on the hands of those that administered the beat-down. The cowards merely have faux hot sauce on their hands.

And really...who can blame them? I long gave up being a good samaritan, ever since I realized I can get sued and lose everything for saving some ass hole's life. Better the ass holes of the world die than sue me...

Actually, the blood is on the hands of those that administered the beat-down.  The cowards merely have faux hot sauce on their hands.

And really...who can blame them?  I long gave up being a good samaritan, ever since I realized I can get sued and lose everything for saving some ass hole's life.  Better the ass holes of the world die than sue me...

704878[/snapback]

As long as you don't get upset if people walk by as you are being beaten or killed, I guess that is a fine attitude.

Evil thrives when good people do nothing.

As long as you don't get upset if people walk by as you are being beaten or killed, I guess that is a fine attitude. 

Evil thrives when good people do nothing.

705036[/snapback]

Two weeks ago, two guys got into a fight in front of a club. One guy coming out of the club tried to stop the fight. One of the guys fighting loses his head and shoots him.

So much for being a good samaritan.

Two weeks ago, two guys got into a fight in front of a club.  One guy coming out of the club tried to stop the fight.  One of the guys fighting loses his head and shoots him.

So much for being a good samaritan.

705622[/snapback]

I'm not talking about two guys fighting, I'm talking about a situation where there is somebody who is an unwilling participant in a crime. If three guys are beating one guy or if a woman is being assaulted by a man. It is usually not hard to tell the difference between two drunks fighting and somebody who needs your help. But if you want to use your example as an excuse to not get involved go ahead.

But ambulance-chasing scum-sucking lawyers thrive when good people do something.

Evil...lawyers...hmmm...  :D

705488[/snapback]

Lawyers are the good samaritans worst enemy. It is nice to see Florida and Jeb Bush passing laws protecting the good citizens who are willing to stand up to criminals. You don't have to turn your back and run from a gun wielding thug, you can draw and fire. New york would rather criminalize the citizens trying to protect themselves....after all, the criminal might have had a rough childhood or been forced by society to turn to crime.

Lawyers are the good samaritans worst enemy.  It is nice to see Florida and Jeb Bush passing laws protecting the good citizens who are willing to stand up to criminals.  You don't have to turn your back and run from a gun wielding thug, you can draw and fire.  New york would rather criminalize the citizens trying to protect themselves....after all, the criminal might have had a rough childhood or been forced by society to turn to crime.

705708[/snapback]

We should not punish those who break the law. We should try to understand their feelings and sympathize with what forced them to commit these acts. It is not their fault. :D