AJ is going to kick the bucket

It just seems with the "Sopranos", what happens is never what anyone will expect...

702978[/snapback]

I agree.....only problem is that the thing I never expected was boredom. I was really into it after the first couple episodes, but for some reason I've just lost interest. I was so bored with the "finale" tonight that I almost let my DVR finish the job while I went and listened to a commentary track on a "24" disc.

I hate to be a Sopranos whiner, but IMO that was a pretty weak episode to close out the season.

702994[/snapback]

A season that we waited, and waited, and waited for.

This weekend's Benson marathon on TVLAND was more interesting.

I hate to be a Sopranos whiner, but IMO that was a pretty weak episode to close out the season.

702994[/snapback]

Well, whatever...I never really think of the show in terms of a "season". Besides, there are 8 more in the final season...not the most action packed episode, I will admit, but still some great moments...I liked it okay...can't wait until January, or whenever...Rico, you gotta admitt, pretty damn fine song to open and close with...

I laughed when Carmine sounded like an idiot when he tried to use bigger words than he's capable of, but the rest of the show left me wanting. I'm kinda tired of Christopher's on again/off again drug issues.....the NY vs. NJ thing is getting stale...and Tony has pretty much just turned into a big kitty. When he beat the sh-- out of his bodyguard earlier in the season to send a message to his crew (that he was still a badass), I was ready to see him take things by the balls and keep it interesting. And lastly, I pretty much fall asleep during the Melfi scenes now....I used to look forward to those exchanges, but not anymore.

I'm game for another run in January, but I hope someone lights a fire under their asses.

Well, whatever...I never really think of the show in terms of a "season".  Besides, there are 8 more in the final season...not the most action packed episode, I will admit, but still some great moments...I liked it okay...can't wait until January, or whenever...Rico, you gotta admitt, pretty damn fine song to open and close with...

702997[/snapback]

Yeah, Moonlight Mile in 5.1 was cool. :lol:

I don't know, I blame HBO for hyping it up... and myself for buying it. :doh: "Countdown" to the final episode, then skipping a week to get you drooling...meh. I admit I wanted some action, but I would've settlled for it just being good. Especially Christopher and the real-estate agent, that was just brutal. I see how it advanced story lines (ie. seperation between Chris & Tony, Chris getting deeper back into drugs), but they've could've written a better way to do it.

I kept looking at the clock, "Man, it's almost 10, come on, do something!" :angry:

I laughed when Carmine sounded like an idiot when he tried to use bigger words than he's capable of, but the rest of the show left me wanting. I'm kinda tired of Christopher's on again/off again drug issues.....the NY vs. NJ thing is getting stale...and Tony has pretty much just turned into a big kitty. When he beat the sh-- out of his bodyguard earlier in the season to send a message to his crew (that he was still a badass), I was ready to see him take things by the balls and keep it interesting. And lastly, I pretty much fall asleep during the Melfi scenes now....I used to look forward to those exchanges, but not anymore.

I'm game for another run in January, but I hope someone lights a fire under their asses.

703002[/snapback]

Life is kind of like that...stuff doesn't always happen when, or the way you expect it. Something will happen. In the mean time, the show builds the characters, so you know them. When they do something awful, or have something awful done to them, you feel it. This show is more realistic than just about anything on tv, and, hate to break it, real life is not always all that interesting. Maybe if they had a clock running on the bottom of the screen, people could appreciate it more? Or maybe a 12 month calander if you prefer? Maybe someone should give Chase a formula to follow to keep everyone entertained for the final 8 weeks? Obviously, they don't know what they are doing...

The final conversation between Tony and Phil kind of said a lot. It will prove to be Tony's undoing.

AJ's (hot) new girlfriend, Blanca, telling him that he shares a birthday with Jesse Ventura, was pretty funny...."Who?" "Jesse Ventura, he is supposed to be some famous politician or something, I looked it up..."

I guess I'm the only one that loved tonight's episode...

-We learned Carmine wants back in(he called the meeting and intentionally set Phil off)

-AJ realized he isn't Michael Corleone and used his head to solve a problem

-Tony was pissed about Chris and the real estate girl... but Chris didn't get a beating like Peter Riegert

-Phil can't handle the stress of the job

-The NY family has a rat or is under surveillance by the feds

-We were introduced to Phil's right hand men, who are just as nutty as Chris & Sil...

Rico: HBO skipped last week because of the holiday.

I guess I'm the only one that loved tonight's episode...

-We learned Carmine wants back in(he called the meeting and intentionally set Phil off)

-AJ realized he isn't Michael Corleone and used his head to solve a problem

-Tony was pissed about Chris and the real estate girl... but Chris didn't get a beating like Peter Riegert

-Phil can't handle the stress of the job

-The NY family has a rat or is under surveillance by the feds

-We were introduced to Phil's right hand men, who are just as nutty as Chris & Sil...

Rico: HBO skipped last week because of the holiday.

703037[/snapback]

Maybe I was being too sarcastic Dan, I liked it too...

All good points you bring up. I really loved that scene between Tony and agent Harris...kind of a mini-version of the classic scene in "Heat" where DeNiro and Pacino sit in the diner talking. One of my favorite movie scenes ever....

A few small things:

-They braught those two middle-eastern guys back (the credit card scammers) and had agent Harris there, just to remind us that Harris is working on terrorism issues now? I am not sure we have seen the last of any of them...

-I really liked the scene with Christopher and Juliana Margolis talking abot AA, and Christopher explains that he can never buy into the religious aspect of it, but he uses the "omerta" as his code...he then explains that even that is hard, because nobody else (Tony and the other mafia guys) follows the code...honestly, I think that is one of the most disillusioning things that anyone goes through while growing up. I know I learned that lesson a few times in my life, pouring myself into something that I believed in, only to find out that nobody else really believed as much as me, or worse, having my good intentions being taken advantage of, by someone I thought had the same intentions as me. I know Christopher, at heart, is a bad guy, so I can't feel too sorry for him, that conversation just hit a nerve with me...

-Kind of funny that Christopher meets Juliana in AA, not realizing that she is talking about her unsuccessful tryst with Tony. She is like a toughrt , smarter version of Adriana, with all the same weaknesses.

-The shot of Tony, leaving the hospital, after talking to Phil, with Phils' guy (sorry didn't catch his name) leering, and kind of smiling as Tony walked away po'd (the guy had listened in on Tony's private thoughts to Phil), told me that the plan for revenge on the New Jersey family was already in motion.

AJ appears to have grown up a little, wouldn't that be just the perfect time for him to finally meet the dark end that Chalkie and others seem to feel he is destined to make? I could forsee him getting killed in the next episode, and that being the event that unravels everything for Tony. Carmela would certainly be very unhappy, and might start to be more agressive about pursuing what happened to him, and Adriana. Notice the scene tonight where she laments getting the Christamas card from the couple, with their dog..."So sad, seeing them without their children." When she was in Paris, she made mention of the fact that she was so thankful that nothing bad had ever happened to her kids, and then, just as she is leaving Paris, she sees the beacon light, that Tony seemed to see in his coma...I took that as a sign that something bad was on the horizon for her...

-I also found it noteworthy, that both Pauly and Silvio take some exception to Tony delighting in the news of Phils' heart attack. Since when do they (Pauly especially) have any cooth when it comes to these things?

All good points you bring up.  I really loved that scene between Tony and agent Harris...kind of a mini-version of the classic scene in "Heat" where DeNiro and Pacino sit in the diner talking.  One of my favorite movie scenes ever....

A few small things:

They braught those two middle-eastern guys back (the credit card scammers) and had agent Harris there, just to remind us that Harris is working on terrorism issues now?  I am not sure we have seen the last of any of them...

I really liked the scene with Christopher and Juliana Margolis talking abot AA, and Christopher explains that he can never buy into the religious aspect of it, but he uses the "omerta" as his code...he then explains that even that is hard, because nobody else (Tony and the other mafia guys) follows the code...honestly, I think that is one of the most disillusioning things that anyone goes through while growing up.  I know I learned that lesson a few times in my life, pouring myself into something that I believed in, only to find out that nobody else really believed as much as me, or worse, having my good intentions being taken advantage of, by someone I thought had the same intentions as me.  I know Christopher, at heart, is a bad guy, so I can't feel too sorry for him, that conversation just hit a nerve with me...

Kind of funny that Christopher meets Juliana in AA, not realizing that she is talking about her unsuccessful tryst with Tony.  She is like a smarter version of Adriana, with all the same weaknesses. 

The shot of Tony, leaving the hospital, after talking to Phil.  The shot of Phils' guy (sorry didn't catch his name) leering, and kind of smiling as Tony walked away po'd (the guy had listened in on Tony's private thoughts to Phil), told me that the plan for revenge on the New Jersey family was already in motion. 

I also found it noteworthy, that both Pauly and Silvio take some exception to Tony delighting in the news of Phils' heart attack.  Since when do they (Pauly especially) have any cooth when it comes to these things? 

Lastly, I can't help but feel that Carmella is not going to completely give up on wondering what happened to Adriana.

703043[/snapback]

Sorry, I read your post but forgot about it when I went to post.. to much caffeine and cold pizza at midnight.. :P

I too found Sil's & Pauly's reaction interesting.. with Sil's "the devil you know" comment being a key point.

I found Phil's "leering soldier" to be a sign of how important the bosses are.. Pauly, Chris and Phil's guys are quick to call for blood.. Tony and Phil see almost everything as a money issue..

Christopher's constant woe-is-me crap is hilarious. Chris is a heroin smoking, woman beating, muderous d****bag and always sees himself as the victim.

Carmella tossed the PI's card, I'm thinking the Ade story might be over.

am i reading too much into Juniour's statement that maybe he didn't act alone? or was that really just an alzheimer induced reference to JFK, like Bobby turned it into? WTF does Blanca see in that squirrel AJ, unless it is the last name, a girl like that(not that she is that that that hot) would never act that way aroung that piece of **** AJ. And BTW, I kept waiting for Christopher to get whacked last nite, i think he is going to be the target of the NY family

All good points you bring up.  I really loved that scene between Tony and agent Harris...kind of a mini-version of the classic scene in "Heat" where DeNiro and Pacino sit in the diner talking.  One of my favorite movie scenes ever....

A few small things:

-They braught those two middle-eastern guys back (the credit card scammers) and had agent Harris there, just to remind us that Harris is working on terrorism issues now?  I am not sure we have seen the last of any of them...

-I really liked the scene with Christopher and Juliana Margolis talking abot AA, and Christopher explains that he can never buy into the religious aspect of it, but he uses the "omerta" as his code...he then explains that even that is hard, because nobody else (Tony and the other mafia guys) follows the code...honestly, I think that is one of the most disillusioning things that anyone goes through while growing up.  I know I learned that lesson a few times in my life, pouring myself into something that I believed in, only to find out that nobody else really believed as much as me, or worse, having my good intentions being taken advantage of, by someone I thought had the same intentions as me.  I know Christopher, at heart, is a bad guy, so I can't feel too sorry for him, that conversation just hit a nerve with me...

-Kind of funny that Christopher meets Juliana in AA, not realizing that she is talking about her unsuccessful tryst with Tony.  She is like a toughrt ,  smarter version of Adriana, with all the same weaknesses. 

-The shot of Tony, leaving the hospital, after talking to Phil, with Phils' guy (sorry didn't catch his name) leering, and kind of smiling as Tony walked away po'd (the guy had listened in on Tony's private thoughts to Phil), told me that the plan for revenge on the New Jersey family was already in motion. 

AJ appears to have grown up a little, wouldn't that be just the perfect time for him to finally meet the dark end that Chalkie and others seem to feel he is destined to make?  I could forsee him getting killed in the next episode, and that being the event that unravels everything for Tony.  Carmela would certainly be very unhappy, and might start to be more agressive about pursuing what happened to him, and Adriana.  Notice the scene tonight where she laments getting the Christamas card from the couple, with their dog..."So sad, seeing them without their children."  When she was in Paris, she made mention of the fact that she was so thankful that nothing bad had ever happened to her kids, and then, just as she is leaving Paris, she sees the beacon light, that Tony seemed to see in his coma...I took that as a sign that something bad was on the horizon for her...

-I also found it noteworthy, that both Pauly and Silvio take some exception to Tony delighting in the news of Phils' heart attack.  Since when do they (Pauly especially) have any cooth when it comes to these things?

703043[/snapback]

am i reading too much into Juniour's statement that maybe he didn't act alone?  or was that really just an alzheimer induced reference to JFK, like Bobby turned it into?  WTF does Blanca see in that squirrel AJ, unless it is the last name, a girl like that(not that she is that that that hot) would never act that way aroung that piece of **** AJ.  And BTW, I kept waiting for Christopher to get whacked last nite, i think he is going to be the target of the NY family

703107[/snapback]

I think Junior was just BSing about the conspiracy theory.

I think AJ's getting doinked just because of who his dad is...she just see's $$$, just like AJ's "friends" from when he was going clubbing.

Lastly, I too was waiting for Chris to get it. In fact, when the realtor went down on him in the car, and the camera panned down to his lap, I completely expected to hear a couple shots and have her get all sprayed with blood.

AJ will get whacked next season and the girlfriend and kid will end up moving in with Tony!  Tony won't be able to keep his hands off her and BADA BING! :P

703238[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing when AJ brought her home....Tony is going to have to get a piece of that little hottie!