Who will you take with your 1st pick?

Larry Johnson is a possibility...though dispite his play last year, he is a bit too unproven for me to take at #1. LT is my guy. Probably have to take Johnson #2 though.

Chad Johnson..please. Until we know the status of Palmer, Johnson takes a hit. Also, taking a WR in the first round of a draft is suicide. RB, RB, RB..throw in Peyton Manning and (if healty) Carson Palmer, since they are leaps and bounds better than the next tier of QBs.

i still like shawn alexander..or lt..tiki barber's climbing the list too..but he's more of a top 5 now (compared to a top 15 last year)..i think the safest wr pick is chad johnson..but possibly the best will be TO..despite that, i go with chad..but they are top 6 or 7 picks unless the league is slanted for wrs...as far as qbs...gotta like palmer because of the chad carson connection..and as sad as it is for me to admit it...usually a good 3rd 4th rounder is tom brady..just consistant as hell..there im done ;)

I think most of the top RB's take a "bit" of a hit this year. Alexander because of a slight decline in OL, LT because of Philip Rivers and because I think defenses started to figure him out torwards the end of the year, Edgerin James because....well that's obvious. I think Larry Johnson is the only one who doesn't have something going against him this year. And I would only rank RB's in my to 3 or 4. Only Manning in the top 5 other than RB's.

I guess as it stand right now, LJ is my choice if given the number 1 pick, with Alexander a close second. James and Tomlinson will probably have good years though, so I wouldn't make an argument against them if they were picked first.

Another question is which rookie would you pick first, and about where. Bush would be a good gamble early (probably first round) without Duece on the team. With him, I don't know. Vincy Young? I think he's going to be a bust for his draft position, but he'll probably get some fantasy points based on scrambling. It's too far away to know how to rank these guys yet. If I had to guess now, I think I would be willing to take Vernon Davis earliest....given his talent and the fact that he is playing with a young QB likely to need an outlet. Though I'd bet he's treated more as a WR, sees a lot of CB's in coverage.

Larry Johnson or Chad Johnson.

701937[/snapback]

No way Chad. With injury concerns with palmer, and the fact that in any given week, Housh will outscore chad, chad isnt worth it.

stay away from alexander as well, with the madden curse.

I'd go LJ.

No way Chad. With injury concerns with palmer, and the fact that in any given week, Housh will outscore chad, chad isnt worth it.

stay away from alexander as well, with the madden curse.

I'd go LJ.

707865[/snapback]

LJ Hands Down!!!!! 2000yds and 20 TD's isnt out of reach!!

My feeling is LJ is going to be the chic pick. But I've never gone wrong with LT. I'd take him every year, especially this year, when the Chargers are going to be relying more than ever on the running game to help take the pressure off of ol' sidearmer what's-his-name.

With John Welbourne retiring and willie roaf being older I'm staying away from larry johnson, Not that he wont be good, but I think the chiefs offense in general losing al saunders, welbourne, replacing vermeil with herm, and having horrible wr's I dont think larry johnson will be all that great. I think all together I'd try to avoid 1 if posisble lol but if forced to pick there Id say Tiki

for anyone reading this thread......does the number 1 pick ever finish the season ranked #1 in points in your league.

i would have to guess maybe Marshall Faulk did it once, and maybe Tomlinson did it once....but even with those two, I am not certain.

in the leauge i am in there is no question Larry Johnson is going to be the first player selected. but i don't think it gives the team that selects him an overwhelming edge then the teams that select Tomlinson or Alexander.

I would take Tomlinson or Payton Manning with the #1 pick...Manning is the only QB I would consider taking in the first round...LJ will likely be a solid pick, but he he and the Chiefs are becomming the trendy pick right now, which always makes me nervous. In fantasy football, I have learned that you will rarely go wrong with picking the guy who has done it consistantly, over the guy who has had flashes of greatness. Those are the guys I pick, after I have a #1 QB, and 2 solid RB's.

I went against my own better judgement last season, and picked Willis McGahee with my first pick (#8 overall), as every pre-season publication had him listed as one their "break-out" players. While he had a pretty solid year, he didn't live up to they hype! By the end of the year, even healthy, he wasn't even an automatic start for me every week...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.