Goodbye Sabres...

Theres no point trying to make any sence here, its doom and gloom at one Bills drive, or your looking through rosecolored glasses.

702090[/snapback]

exactly. if you have any hope of optimism for the Bills, you are "looking through rose colored glasses" or "drinking the kool-aid".

TSW says you must think the bills suck and will go 0-16, and that our draft was terrible and we got no impact players from it (because we didnt draft 10 o-linemen), or else you are a moron.

*$&$&&$

We used our draft to get 2 friggen D linemen dammit....why do people keep saying we didn't address the lines in the draft?

You want to say the battles are won the in trenches....I AGREE WITH YOU but it is getting irritating when people say "well....all we drafted was secondary and didn't address the lines"

That is simply NOT true!

*$&$&&$

We used our draft to get 2 friggen D linemen dammit....why do people keep saying we didn't address the lines in the draft?

You want to say the battles are won the in trenches....I AGREE WITH YOU but it is getting irritating when people say "well....all we drafted was secondary and didn't address the lines"

That is simply NOT true!

702391[/snapback]

you see, you need to use the 1st and 2nd rounds to do that. Remember how good our D line was when we had Pat Williams? ......oops, wait...oh yeah, he was undrafted. Ok...well, how about when we had Sam Adams, we got great value in the draft when we got him....oh wait, that's right he was a FA pick up like Triplett.

Well, we addressed the O-line a few years back with the 4th overall pick in the draft and we were unstoppable.......sh*t, that's right....he hated football and was a big pu$$ who is now trying to slim down in Florida.

I too, am sick of hearing this incessant whine fest.

How nice it was to root for a real team - one with talent, heart, and a well-oiled organization.  Great run, ran out of magic at the end (don't they always in this town?).  Definitely good for the City and the League.

Now on to the pathetic Bills.  Old owner, new leadership, huge holes on both sides of the ball.  Both lines are a mess.  Team is built from the outside in, instead of from the inside out, meaning the skill players on both sides of the ball don't have the line protection they need in order to make plays.  Still no clear-cut QB and it's June already.  I'm predicting 2-4 wins.  FUG.

701854[/snapback]

At least the Sabres are something to root for, unlike the Bills since 1999.

At least the Sabres are something to root for, unlike the Bills since 1999.

702423[/snapback]

yeah, when they are winning, sure. I'm sure that same logic did not apply when they were missing the playoffs....

this sounds like fair-weather-fandom to me

I'll root for my team no matter what the W-L looks like.

you see, you need to use the 1st and 2nd rounds to do that. Remember how good our D line was when we had Pat Williams? ......oops, wait...oh yeah, he was undrafted. Ok...well, how about when we had Sam Adams, we got great value in the draft when we got him....oh wait, that's right he was a FA pick up like Triplett.

Well, we addressed the O-line a few years back with the 4th overall pick in the draft and we were unstoppable.......sh*t, that's right....he hated football and was a big pu$$ who is now trying to slim down in Florida.

I too, am sick of hearing this incessant whine fest.

702393[/snapback]

....but we even used a 1st rounder this year on the D line.

We are doomed to never be able to stop the run.

Not only did we take a 1st rounder but brought in a FA.

What does that do to the philosophy????

With such an incoherent philosophy the players on the D line are bound to be totally confused, lose faith, slack off & generally not be any good.

If only the new management had some sort of consistency in their approach to the team. <_<

....but we even used a 1st rounder this year on the D line. 

We are doomed to never be able to stop the run.

Not only did we take a 1st rounder but brought in a FA.

What does that do to the philosophy????

With such an incoherent philosophy the players on the D line are bound to be totally confused, lose faith, slack off & generally not be any good.

If only the new management had some sort of consistency in their approach to the team. :doh:

702483[/snapback]

Well, I'm not blaming THIS front office for the lack of talent along the lines, sorry if my post implied that. I most certainly blame Donahoe's regime for that. Levy and Jauron appear to understand the problem, but they are a couple of years away from being able to fix it. In the meantime, a new offense AND defense is being installed, with a ton of holes on both sides. Also, in the meantime, what I'll call "character rebuilding" is gonna be taking place - i.e., jettisoning the turds on this roster who just don't care too much about winning. (Cya, Lawyer). It's gonna take awhile to rebuild this roster, and the results will be ugly at first. I'd love to be optimistic, and I think overall this organization now is heading (or at least pointing) in the proper direction, but next year is gonna suck ass.