Which WR of these has the best shot????

The current Jet Blue Poll on the Bills Website has me steaming:

Which wide receiver has the best shot at making the Bills active roster?

Choice Votes:

Chris Denney 115 (7%)

Martin Nance 941 (53%)

Jonathan Smith 632 (36%)

George Wilson 72 (4%)

I can understand how Fast Freddie's speed and 2 seasons' experience netted him 36% of the vote, but explain to me how Martin Freaking Nance (number of NFL passes thrown to him in pads=0) got HALF the votes and George Wilson, who caught everything in sight last year in training camp got 4%.

I'm a big fan of Wilson's, to be sure, and I'd like to see the 6'4" Nance get a fair shot at the 5-6 WR roster spots, but Nance will have to show us some separation out of the break before he gets my vote.

[End of Rant]

The current Jet Blue Poll on the Bills Website has me steaming:

Which wide receiver has the best shot at making the Bills active roster?

Choice Votes:

Chris Denney 115 (7%)

Martin Nance 941 (53%)

Jonathan Smith 632 (36%)

George Wilson 72 (4%)

I can understand how Fast Freddie's speed and 2 seasons' experience netted him 36% of the vote, but explain to me how Martin Freaking Nance (number of NFL passes thrown to him in pads=0) got HALF the votes and George Wilson, who caught everything in sight last year in training camp got 4%.

I'm a big fan of Wilson's, to be sure, and I'd like to see the 6'4" Nance get a fair shot at the 5-6 WR roster spots, but Nance will have to show us some separation out of the break before he gets my vote.

[End of Rant]

700277[/snapback]

I suspect the interview with Nance played a role.

I am kind of partial to Nance because I watched him play when he and Big Ben tore it up. He was great that year but fell off due to Bens departure and injuries and so forth. Plus I hit a three team parlay with Ohio bringin up the rear and Nance absolutely blew up against Akron. He put up some sick numbers that game. I guess that is what sticks in my head about Nance.

Same exact reason why Whitner and McCargo are penciled in as being great already.

Roscoe is the short list.

BTW--he didn't make the list, simply passed it along.

700557[/snapback]

I guess you could be right there. He is part of the old regime and I don't know what Tolbert thinks of him either. :lol:

I guess you could be right there. He is part of the old regime and I don't know what Tolbert thinks of him either.  :lol:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert is also excited about working with a healthy and one-year older Parrish, saying that Parrish will likely be utilized in Buffalo's three- and four-receiver sets.

"He's going to be a good player for us," Tolbert said. "Every time he touches the ball, it's a possible touchdown."

Because of that, Parrish's name won't be ignored when the Bills head to training camp in July.

"Roscoe is no way forgotten," Tolbert said. "He's going to be a big-time, impact player for us this year. He's going to be big part of what we do."

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=487323