Tallinder has arm in a sling

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<_<  :P  :P

Come on Teppo...PLEASE get better by Friday.

697621[/snapback]

Help us, Teppo Numinnen, you're our only hope.

BTW, does anyone know of any situation where you'd have your arm in a sling one night and be OK two nights later? How about a week later?

I thought Jillson played well tonight. Maybe we go with Paetsch on Friday (if no Teppo)?

It would have been nice but with the exception of Spacek, none of the defensemen who were moved would have cracked our Top 6. The last thing we needed was to bring someone in who wouldn't play.

The biggest problem we have in the organization in blue line depth. That doesn't make us much different from everyone in the NHL. Think NJ really wanted to use Ken Friggin' Klee in the playoffs in their Top 4?

No Monday morning QBing here, but shouldn't Darcy have secured that D at the trade deadline?  He's getting the accolades, and deservedly so, but also deserves a little criticism.  This could cost us the Cup.

697662[/snapback]

It's very, very hard to criticize Darcy. The defensmen that were available at the trade deadline were not the answer. AD mentioned Spacek, and I think Luc Richardson's name was thrown around. I'd rather see Jillson and Janik in there than trading away for some stiff.

You can second-guess and crititcize all you want, but you can't blame Darcy for your #1, 2, and 3 defensemen all going down with injury. If securing the D means you should have nine or ten NHL-caliber defensemen at your disposal, then every GM in the league should be criticized. Everyone knows that injuries happen in the NHL, especially in the playoffs, but there's no team in the league that has the depth to compensate for three at one position.

It would have been nice but with the exception of Spacek, none of the defensemen who were moved would have cracked our Top 6.  The last thing we needed was to bring someone in who wouldn't play.

The biggest problem we have in the organization in blue line depth.  That doesn't make us much different from everyone in the NHL.  Think NJ really wanted to use Ken Friggin' Klee in the playoffs in their Top 4?

697677[/snapback]

That's true...but what makes things different now is that the Sabres are so thin because of injuries...when you look at Carolina and even Edmonton if we dare to look ahead...the Oilers' depth at D is very strong...because they went out and got some solid blueliners via trade.

Winning this series and winning the Cup are going to be even harder to do with these defensive injuries

That's true...but what makes things different now is that the Sabres are so thin because of injuries...when you look at Carolina and even Edmonton if we dare to look ahead...the Oilers' depth at D is very strong...because they went out and got some solid blueliners via trade.

Winning this series and winning the Cup are going to be even harder to do with these defensive injuries

697719[/snapback]

The Oilers defensive depth is strong? And where would they be if they lost three of their top 4 defensemen? It's not like they have a litany of talented NHL defensemen sitting around waiting. Look at their roster, they have rookies and friggin' Igor Ulanov if anyone gets hurt. I'd be quaking. <_<

No team adds players who won't play and no team wins games without 4 of their top players, especially when 3 are defensemen. This hindsight crap of taking shots at Darcy is getting really old. This ain't NHL 2K5.

No Monday morning QBing here, but shouldn't Darcy have secured that D at the trade deadline?  He's getting the accolades, and deservedly so, but also deserves a little criticism.  This could cost us the Cup.

697662[/snapback]

Nah, the 2nd round pick acquired for Noronen can step in and play on the blueline Friday night!! <_<:P

This is meant to be a joke...and yes I agree that Darcy deserves a TON if credit for the job he has done this year, no questions asked.

And where would they be if they lost three of their top 4 defensemen?  It's not like they have a litany of talented NHL defensemen sitting around waiting.  Look at their roster, they have rookies and friggin' Igor Ulanov if anyone gets hurt.

No team adds players who won't play and no team wins games without 4 of their top players, especially when 3 are defensemen.  This hindsight crap of taking shots at Darcy is getting really old.

697727[/snapback]

Well, let's all say our prayers and eat our vitamins and hope that these guys with all of two NHL starts can get us past one of the best scoring teams in the league. Because at this point, that's all that's holding this defense together. Hope.

Either that or our forwards need to start putting 6+ pucks in net per game.

Well, let's all say our prayers and eat our vitamins and hope that these guys with all of two NHL starts can get us past one of the best scoring teams in the league. Because at this point, that's all that's holding this defense together. Hope.

697730[/snapback]

Nah, let's just fold the tent at the first sign of strife - kinda like all you "fans" has been trying to do with this team all season.

Buncha bitches.

697730[/snapback]

All year long- NO EXCUSES.

Lindy will keep this train rolling. Notice he ran Jillson out there on defense during a crucial 3rd period penalty-kill...Trial-by-fire yes, but also a nod to the way the kid played. I think Ruff had an inkling it would not be the last time Jillson dresses for a game in these playoffs, so he might as well put him in the lion's den.

In reality, Carolina couldn't get much going. Obviously that final 3 minutes were nerve-racking, but I thought the D was solid. It's not like Miller was forced to stand on his head.

Nah, let's just fold the tent at the first sign of strife - kinda like all you "fans" has been trying to do with this team all season. 

Buncha bitches.

697732[/snapback]

So because there are moments I have serious doubts about this team, get negative, and think the season might be over...that makes me just a "fan"? Please.

Why is being ultra negative at times perceived as not being a true blue fan? This I will NEVER understand. It is another emotion that shows the fan is true blue.

Ok, Let me go get some Kool-Aid and all will be rosy. Jillson, Rory and Janik? No problem at all! <_<

Jillson, Rory and Janik?  No problem at all!  <_<

697738[/snapback]

Bro, nobody's saying it's ideal. Numminen, Kalinin, and Talinder sounds MUCH better to everyone, trust me. But what are we going to do, look back to the Olympic break and say Darcy should've dumped Noronen for any has-been defender that was out there? You're a Luc Richardson fan?

They're up 2-1 in the conference finals, while missing their top 3 defensmen and probably their best all around player. At what point during this season were they ever stopped by injuries? NO EXCUSES

You just gotta hope your depth can rise to the occasion. Monday, that didn't happen. I don't think much was expected of Janik or Jillson, but the obvious desire is to see those guys exceed your expectations. Jillson did, Janik didn't. Based on last night's play alone and not much else, I say Jillson warrants another go and I'd pray to the hockey gods that Teppo is back Friday. What is the major knock on Jillson? I remember him racking up some points a few years ago and then kind of losing his way.

With Rory, what you see is what you get. He can make some things happen on offense but he is pretty likely to be part of a bad giveaway and be in a bad position on the ensuing goal by the opponent. He frustrates to no end, but he's not a complete wash. I'm much more comfortable with him at No. 6 than I am at No. 5 or *gasp* No. 4.

Buncha bitches.

697732[/snapback]

Did I say they haven't done a good job?

!@#$ off. I never said that. I WANT them to succeed, and I think they will. Little quick on the !@#$ing trigger, kemosabe. Chill out.

And oh, by the way, you holier-than-thou bastard, I've heard you call out Fitzpatrick on MORE than one occasion, so spare me the !@#$ing sermon, huh?