I just bought a new/used car Hyandai Accent

2005 Hyandai

3400 miles on it (the dealership explains to me that this was a vehicle turned in by a elderly couple who hauled it around on their RV...hence the low mileage

Fully loaded, all power everything, cd, automatic, remote door locks, inside trunk release, tinted windows, brand new tires.

They wanted 11K for it.....I paid cash and got it out the door for 10,700 include tax and licence.

Good deal?

P.S. This car is awesome for my needs...

Auto - Driving a stick in a long commute and bumper to bumper traffic is a pain in the @ss......I literally have one of my legs stronger then the other

4 doors - I drop my kids off for school in the morning. I was driving around a Ford Ranger with the suicide doors (so someone had to get out to let the backseat people out). Very nice to be able to just stop and go.

Great mileage....I dont know why but my Ford Ranger was a fricken gas hog!

2005 Hyandai

3400 miles on it (the dealership explains to me that this was a vehicle turned in by a elderly couple who hauled it around on their RV...hence the low mileage

Fully loaded, all power everything, cd, automatic, remote door locks, inside trunk release, tinted windows, brand new tires.

They wanted 11K for it.....I paid cash and got it out the door for 10,700 include tax and licence.

Good deal?

P.S.  This car is awesome for my needs...

Auto - Driving a stick in a long commute and bumper to bumper traffic is a pain in the @ss......I literally have one of my legs stronger then the other

4 doors - I drop my kids off for school in the morning.  I was driving around a Ford Ranger with the suicide doors (so someone had to get out to let the backseat people out).  Very nice to be able to just stop and go.

693950[/snapback]

My question would have been how did they haul the car. If all 4 wheels were off the ground, no problem. If 2 were on the ground while hauling, what did they do with the tranny? Its an automatic, so did they haul it in neutral? Or disconnect the Tranny? I'd be concerned with the banjo's, and Tranny, if they hauled it with 2 on the ground.

2005 Hyandai

Good deal?

4 doors - I drop my kids off for school in the morning.  I was driving around a Ford Ranger with the suicide doors (so someone had to get out to let the backseat people out).  Very nice to be able to just stop and go.

693950[/snapback]

I'm not sure...does a Hyundai indicate one is gay or not? :)

I would've thought cash on the spot would drop you down more than $300.

693953[/snapback]

Depends on what he meant by "they wanted 11K". If that was sticker price, then he saved a bunch, as tax and title would have bumped that up quite a bit...especially out there.

If 11k was out the door, he probably could have got them down more.

My question would have been how did they haul the car. If all 4 wheels were off the ground, no problem. If 2 were on the ground while hauling, what did they do with the tranny? Its an automatic, so did they haul it in neutral? Or disconnect the Tranny?  I'd be concerned with the banjo's, and Tranny, if they hauled it with 2 on the ground.

693960[/snapback]

Why worry about the tranny if the 2 non-drive wheels (I'd suspect rear in the Accent) were the ones on the ground?

I would've thought cash on the spot would drop you down more than $300.

693953[/snapback]

It was 11K before taxes and license.....

I did barter quite a bit on it....I started off offering them 10,500 cash and they started off at at around 12,500 after tax and license. The final result was 10,700.

I think I got a good deal...I am usually getting screwed on my car deals.

No offense cuz I know you live in freakin' Hemet and there's probably only one car dealership in your area, but shouldn't you have asked us this question BEFORE you bought the car?

693972[/snapback]

I did a lot of research besides here before I bought it.....looking at Hyandai, Ford Focus, Kia, Honda Civic, etc.......lots of reading on Epinions.com

There is one dealership in Hemet... :) but I didnt buy from there. I bought it in Corona on my way back from Disneyland.

I couldn't touch a new hyandai at the Hemet dealership (their cars are soooo overpriced although I lucked out on a good deal for my Ford Ranger because they inputed the wrong model into their system.) The only car in the price range I was looking at was a butt ugly orange 2005 Accent (fully loaded with a spoiler) with 10,000 more miles on it. They would budget off of over 12K (before tax and license)

There is one dealership in Hemet... :)

693983[/snapback]

Freakin' Hemet. My wife has family out there and every time they invite us out there I get as creative as possible with reasons why she needs to go alone. You're a good man, John, but the town you live in is a dump.

you did "barter" for it...? Were your trying to exchange your kitchen sink and your old RJ jersey for the car.

I couldn't drive a Hyundai, but it seems to meet your price point and needs.

How did that swimming pool project end up for you? And how's the son doing in football. Daughter still getting bullied? Damn...I know more about you than I know about some of my co-workers.

2005 Hyandai

Good deal?

693950[/snapback]

If you have the 10 year warranty or any warrany that traditionally comes with a new hyundai purchase you are in for a pleasant ownership experiense. :)

Isn't the wall great...:)

I guess Barter wasn't the best word I could use...have gave him a check...he gave me a car.

Swimming pool project worked out in the end and it gets used a lot in Hemet.....

Son starts High School football next year. He won the best offensive back award for Midgets JAAF and right now we are deciding whether he should play freshman team or go to JV. He has the size to play FB at JV 165 pounds 14 years old.

My daughter seems to have worked her problem out with her school bullys. We did end up sending her back to Karate. She tests for green in 2 weeks.

If you have the 10 year warranty or any warrany that traditionally comes with a new hyundai purchase you are in for a pleasant ownership experiense. :)

694037[/snapback]

That was the only downside that I could see....

Apparently the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty doesnt transfer when you buy it used.

It did however come with its 60,000 5 year warranty.....and I still have another 56,000 miles or so to go on that.

That was the only downside that I could see....

Apparently the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty doesnt transfer when you buy it used.

It did however come with its 60,000 5 year warranty.....and I still have another 56,000 miles or so to go on that.

694081[/snapback]

Good enough! You did just fine! I bet you'll get easily 30-40 mpg

My daughter seems to have worked her problem out with her school bullys.  We did end up sending her back to Karate.  She tests for green in 2 weeks.

694040[/snapback]

She could fight my nephew, he's a yellow belt :wacko:

Good enough! You did just fine! I bet you'll get easily 30-40 mpg

694084[/snapback]

Watch out! LAMP AHEAD!

I'd glady pay an extra grand or two a year for trunk space and some "dippin" room... :lol:;);):lol:

Heck, my 1994 New Yorker (LHS style) gets 23 miles per gallon (highway of course... And it prefers plus or premium to eliminate that early 1990's knock)... And you can fit six people full size adults in the car AND the trunk... :lol:

...Who says cars don't last... It is 12 years old, has well over 1/4 million miles on it and looks great, runs great, and not a speck of rust (okay maybe a few flakes under the pastic near the rocker panels, typical rot spot)!... Of course I am "angering" the "car gods" now...

All I need is a "gold flea colla"... :wacko::doh:

Actually, all funnin' aside... Looking to move into a Chrysler Pacifica Limited come June... Kids want a sunroof... And I want a nav system.

You can find good pricing models with Kelly's Blue Book or Edmunds, and might want to look at autotrader. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I own a Hyundai Sonata and have been very happy with it. Lots of room, good mileage, no problems. Also own a Chevy Camaro which has been a pain in the ass from day one.

You can find good pricing models with Kelly's Blue Book or Edmunds, and might want to look at autotrader. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.  I own a Hyundai Sonata and have been very happy with it.  Lots of room, good mileage, no problems.  Also own a Chevy Camaro which has been a pain in the ass from day one.

694557[/snapback]

Sonata is a whole 'nother class... Accent replaced the original Excel... Pretty small for 11,000 grand and almost 2 years old...

A brand new Dodge Caliber can be had for 4 K more...

The towing part scares me.