Anyone hear London Fletcher on Sirius?

Tom

Thank Technology for Sirius 'Replay'!!!

Basically it hurt the team and it hurt JP by 'giving' him the job last year.......

Holcum out-played JP in camp and in the season and should've started.

Takeo's injury hurt the team on the field & in the locker room.

Mularky couldn't build a staff being a lame duck coach

Now the #1 goal is to build a solid organization & commit to win.

Marv is headed in the right direction & he likes Jauron.

Basically it hurt the team and it hurt JP by 'giving' him the job last year.......

690425[/snapback]

Wow. Thanks. It always puts everything in perspective to hear a star player speak out.

Mularkey put it best when he said you can only wish you have as many London Fletchers on this team as possible.

690425[/snapback]

I just heard he was on but did not hear the interview???????  Anyone???

690404[/snapback]

So, did he give a reason why he wasn't at the recent mini-camp?? Sure it was voluntary but he was one of only 4 players not to show.

So, did he give a reason why he wasn't at the recent mini-camp??  Sure it was voluntary but he was one of only 4 players not to show.

690462[/snapback]

Maybe he had previous commitments that were none of your business.

690425[/snapback]

:D:D Was he IN camp last year? And if so, is he retarded?

:D  :D Was he IN camp last year?  And if so, is he retarded?

690504[/snapback]

Tone down the arrogance a little, okay? London Fletcher plays the game for a living. He practiced against the Mularkey offense a lot. Maybe--just maybe--he has some right to an opinion on which quarterback was running that offense better.

Releasing DB and proclaiming the rook as the starter with the playoffs as a goal for this veteran team was a joke!

I like JP, however, but it will take him 3 years to assimiliate to the NFL as the starting QB. If people watched or played football for any length of time, they'd know this is cold hard fact.

Releasing DB and proclaiming the rook as the starter with the playoffs as a goal for this veteran team was a joke! 

690909[/snapback]

Yep. Unfortunately, it was not a funny one either.

Tone down the arrogance a little, okay?  London Fletcher plays the game for a living.  He practiced against the Mularkey offense a lot.  Maybe--just maybe--he has some right to an opinion on which quarterback was running that offense better.

690538[/snapback]

Yeah, and you're the most unbiased, objective voice of reason on this subject. You, Holcombs Arm. :doh::ph34r:

One thing he said that made me laugh was he just goes out and plays the game and doesn't like to bring attention to himself on the field.

Truly made me laugh when he said that. I think some of these guys have blinders on.

So, did he give a reason why he wasn't at the recent mini-camp??  Sure it was voluntary but he was one of only 4 players not to show.

690462[/snapback]

There really are a fairly large number of legit reasons for a vet to miss these voluntary mini-camps. It's great when virtually the whole team shows up for them, but I would actually consider it a low-character act to show up for this voluntary but useful chance to hang out with the boys lf:

1. You passed up sitting doing nothing in the hospital or at bedside at home with a dying Mom or Dad or similar loved one.

2. You demonstrated Eric Moulds/WM like care and concern for your own child by missing out on some important formative event in your kids life to volunteer to hand out with the boys.

3. You reneged on an important commitment you gave your word to attend )for example a charity function where your presence was a major draw and this commitment was made before the voluntary camp wa scheduled.

Its really good for the whole team to be there and it would strike me as low character if the vet missed this because he was simply off making bucks at some card show. However, since we do not know as this is a voluntary camp, then IMHO the benefit of the doubt goes to the player unless there is some history of bad acts.

It would even strike me as a reasnable decision to make to skip this camp if all you were doing was staying at home with your wife becaise the deal is she does most of the work keeping the household and family together during the season so you can concentrate on your job, but in return you skip the voluntary camps and hang with her and the family.

but it will take him 3 years to assimiliate to the NFL as the starting QB.  If people watched or played football for any length of time, they'd know this is cold hard fact.

690909[/snapback]

yeah, expecting consistent play from a QB within 3 years of drafting him is totally unrealistic. just look how bad Rothlesberger has been :ph34r:

yeah, expecting consistent play from a QB within 3 years of drafting him is totally unrealistic.  just look how bad Rothlesberger has been :ph34r:

691077[/snapback]

Big Ben came into a totally different situtation than most QB's. He came to an established team that did not ask much of him in the beginning. No, I am not saying this point to defend JP. Just stating the obvious. I have serious doubts Big Ben would have enjoyed much success with us early on due to the weak-willed blame tossing veterans we had.