Sabres vs. Ottawa

damj

The sky is falling .... the sky is falling!!!!! :w00t:

Wide Right, Home Run Throwback, No Goal .... we're doomed!!!!!!!!!

That's it .... I'm jumping off of the bandwagon (but please save my seat .... I'll be back on after saturday :doh: ).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think Ottawa has the better team overall.  The sooner the Sabres put this series away, the happier I'll be.

690181[/snapback]

Do you think they need to bench JP? :D

The sky is falling .... the sky is falling!!!!!  :D

Wide Right, Home Run Throwback, No Goal .... we're doomed!!!!!!!!!

That's it .... I'm jumping off of the bandwagon (but please save my seat .... I'll be back on after saturday    :D ).

689993[/snapback]

Laughing at and mocking the sports gods is not advised.

Why are you giving up on JP after only zero hockey games?  Don't you know it takes time to develop as a hockey player?  Enjoy your hot pockets.  :D

690223[/snapback]

I'm talking Dumont, just based on having the same accursed initials as a certified NFL bust.

I mean, Vanek had more goals than JP in the regular season....why is Vanek on the bench and JP on the first line? :D

I'm talking Dumont, just based on having the same accursed initials as a certified NFL bust.

I mean, Vanek had more goals than JP in the regular season....why is Vanek on the bench and JP on the first line?  :D

690239[/snapback]

Vanek backchecks with his purse. Also I think Dumont's hands are a little better when he is moving in traffic, which the Briere line always seems to be doing.

Vanek is a better guy to post in front of the net and to screen shots. But with Chara on D, nobody is going to waste time trying that.

The Sabres are still in VERY good shape in the series. Ottawa played with their backs up against the wall, and the Sabres didn't have the intensity they've had in the first three games....And it was still only 2-1, with both Ottawa goals going in off of Buffalo players' sticks!!! Emery was sharp for once, but was cooked at least twice (Max somehow missing the whole goal and Drury (IIRC) ringing the crossbar.) Like the other three games, this could've gone either way.

Before the series, there were plenty of Sabres in 6/Sabres in 7 predictions. Why should that change now? I think Sabres in 6 is very reasonable. There is a good chance that:

a) the Sabres don't come out flat for the first 20 minutes for the rest of the series.

b) Emery has just played the best game that he can play, and will be hard-pressed to match that.

Wacky fact- the team with more shots is 0-4 in the series.

Vanek backchecks with his purse. Also I think Dumont's hands are a little better when he is moving in traffic, which the Briere line always seems to be doing.

Vanek is a better guy to post in front of the net and to screen shots. But with Chara on D, nobody is going to waste time trying that.

690246[/snapback]

Chill, I was just busting on Holcomb's arm. You don't think I was serious do you?

I fully expect another game back in Buffalo. Now if we need to go back to Ottawa for a.......gulp!.......deciding game 7?!?!?! MAN OVERBOARD!!!

690233[/snapback]

I'm absolutely panicing! Not because of our infamous Buffalo choke jobs but because Ottawa probably is a bit better and has more depth. They've awoken. Miller is better than Emery right now so that's our edge (up until last night). I fully expect this to come down to game 7 on Wed night and I will be shaking like a heroine addict all throughout.