Never Enough Hypocrites

Just another example of power and priviledge....I think its a great idea, clean energy, except some rich people, can faintly see the wind turbines... As we all know, ''rich people'' are what matters in this country.... Sad, ya.. shocking, hell no..

About 10 miles from me is the second biggest wind farm in the US at the Altamont Pass. The hills are studded with hundreds of windmills. No one is complaining about the sight. But the same people who want us to go to alternative sources of energy are complaining because the birds are too stupid to know not to fly into them.

About 10 miles from me is the second biggest wind farm in the US at the Altamont Pass. The hills are studded with hundreds of windmills. No one is complaining about the sight.  But the same people who want us to go to alternative sources of energy are complaining because the birds are too stupid to know not to fly into them.

685781[/snapback]

I know for a fact that most of those birds go to private schools.

I know for a fact that most of those birds go to private schools.

685815[/snapback]

SDG&E (a divison of Sempra) has propsed building a 78 mile long high voltage power line from the clean, renewable geothermal sources that surround California's Salton Sea. The power line would cross the desert and mountains east of San Diego.

http://www.sdge.com/sunrisepowerlink/index.shtml

Of course, the enviormentalists have gone nuts - I wonder if they sit around campfires, singing 'Kumbaya' when the power goes out

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northco...-7m8groups.html

One of their arguments is that the power lines will be a hazard and kill many birds including the (somewhat) endangered bald eagles

Others respond that these are illegal, Mexican eagles and shouldn't be here in the first place

Do they complain about those oil pumping things too?

I think the windmill farms look cool. It enables you to actually see the power of the wind (live) instead of just hearing or feeling it. I love wind.

Which is probably partly why I hang out here, there is SO much of it.

:(

Do they complain about those oil pumping things too?

I think the windmill farms look cool.  It enables you to actually see the power of the wind (live) instead of just hearing or feeling it.  I love wind.

Which is probably partly why I hang out here, there is SO much of it.

:(

685873[/snapback]

Got a lot of gravity there, too.

SDG&E (a divison of Sempra) has propsed building a 78 mile long high voltage power line from the clean, renewable geothermal sources that surround California's Salton Sea. The power line would cross the desert and mountains east of San Diego.

http://www.sdge.com/sunrisepowerlink/index.shtml

Of course, the enviormentalists have gone nuts - I wonder if they sit around campfires, singing 'Kumbaya' when the power goes out

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northco...-7m8groups.html

One of their arguments is that the power lines will be a hazard and kill many birds including the (somewhat) endangered bald eagles

Others respond that these are illegal, Mexican eagles and shouldn't be here in the first place

685839[/snapback]

Nothing worse than fat, drunken, lazy birds who don't know squawk about English. Not that I'm stereotyping or anything. :(

685839[/snapback]

Speaking of illegals, i have a solution that may solve both the windmill and illegal immigrant problems

Place the windmills along the US/Mexican border. Make the blades razor sharp and align them in an obsticle course pattern. This should deter many from attempting to make the crossing and kill off the weaker ones that do attempt. Those that survive have proven both mental and physical fortitude necessary to join the armed forces. Therefore those surviving the crossing should be greeted by an Army/Navy/Airforce/USMC recruiter with 3 year enlistment papers. After service they are granted citizenship

Yeh Bob couldn't agree with you more on this one, don't know if it is liberals so much as the privileged nimbys, that it happens to be in Mass, makes them limo liberals.

But he the answer to the oil problem is to drill in ANWAR....NOT! First place already over 90% of ANWAR plane has oil right sold and is available for drilling and AD can correct me, but with side angle drilling that 10% becomes a lot less. Granted we are talking about obscene acreage on a scale that non of us in the lower 48 understands, but I am told that even then it will take 10 years to go online and that there is more accessible oil in the Gulf of Mexico and off the Coast of CAL.

But tax payer dollars will subsidize it all any how and consumers will hardly benefit. Priority setting and arguments on both sides lack so much common sense that I am sick of the whole debate.

Recently, a guy at my local heating oil company showed me a set of hotwater solar heating transfer tubes for heating your house during the winter. Since I already have a hot water radiator system, I am looking into how efficient this system will work, it can also heat your hot water for the shower, etc. I will keep my backup system, but it looks like a good idea. Anyone know anything about these systems and costs?

About 10 miles from me is the second biggest wind farm in the US at the Altamont Pass. The hills are studded with hundreds of windmills. No one is complaining about the sight.  But the same people who want us to go to alternative sources of energy are complaining because the birds are too stupid to know not to fly into them.

685781[/snapback]

Hence the term "birdbrain".

One way to control the bird flu!  Chicken Frickizee(sp)

686222[/snapback]

Back in my soil remediation days, I got a call about moving a portable thermal plant to some chicken ranch in North Carolina to incinerate something like 500,000 diseased chickens. We didn't take the job, but I've wondered how strange that might have been.

Back in my soil remediation days, I got a call about moving a portable thermal plant to some chicken ranch in North Carolina to incinerate something like 500,000 diseased chickens. We didn't take the job, but I've wondered how strange that might have been.

686224[/snapback]

Hey, I have been to a turkey slaughter house, smell lingers in your sinuses for days. Still can't eat packaged turkey from Smithfield.

The killing process wasn't bad, just the smell. Pigs are worse.

It is the smell of feathers hitting the heat, in this case the hot water used to soften the skin before the birds hit the high speed rollers that rub off the feathers. Smell is special and I am sure the water was cleaned right before we got there. The place was immaculate.... The water was around 200 degrees, so no bacteria could survive.

An incinerator might not be so bad, but the smell prior to it would linger with you. Soylent green (sp).