Want improve this team big time?

I just can't see the Bills even considering this.

First of all, the Bills technically already have 5 QB's on their roster if you count Ochs and Woodbury. Granted, McNair has by far more experience than any of them but with experience you get someone who is OLDER.

Second, the Bills, in case no one noticed, are developing a team based on youth. If you start looking at the average age of the potential 53 man roster, they are going to be considerably younger than last years team and probably in the bottom third of the league in terms of age.

Third, how much money is SM going to be looking for? There are going to be teams out there that are in a bit more of a desperate need for a QB that are willing to pony up much more money than the Bills are willing to.

Sure, McNair has had some good years and does bring alot of experience to the table but the Bills are building to win with youth and desire and not with so called "name" players. Just my opinion from what I've noticed with all the signings and drafting going on at OBD.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team would have a legit shot at the AFC East.

The Pats are worse after losing Vinatari, Givens and McGinest.

The Jets will flat our suck for obvious reasons.

and the Dolphins will be having major problems at QB until Culpepper can get healthy again.

Why stay in the East...heck, the Steelers lost Bettis and Randel El, ya think that will have a negative impact? Colts? No Edge will be a major problem.

If I were Marv I'd try for McNair sending Holcomb packing and Losman to the bench. This would instantly make the Bills a playoff contender. Here's hoping that Steve McNair is at least being discussed at One Bills Drive.

682601[/snapback]

Seriously, in your eyes does this fix the pass "protection" or anemic run production?

IMHO, it does not!

That would do wonders to solidify a starting QB for the future.

This team would have a legit shot at the AFC East.

The Pats are worse after losing Vinatari, Givens and McGinest.

The Jets will flat our suck for obvious reasons.

and the Dolphins will be having major problems at QB until Culpepper can get healthy again.

Why stay in the East...heck, the Steelers lost Bettis and Randel El, ya think that will have a negative impact? Colts? No Edge will be a major problem.

If I were Marv I'd try for McNair sending Holcomb packing and Losman to the bench. This would instantly make the Bills a playoff contender. Here's hoping that Steve McNair is at least being discussed at One Bills Drive.

682601[/snapback]

It's not a bad idea. I've always thought that McNair was the most underrated QB in the League, a real warrior who steps up when the game is on the line, takes hits and keeps fighting, and makes plays with his feet and his arm. He'd be great for this team, he'd be a leader and would instantly be the heart and soul of the offense. Adding McNair would definitely make the Bills more competitive next year.

That being said, there is no fuggin way it's gonna happen. As others have said, Marv isn't trying to do this quickly - he's in this for the haul.

It's not a bad idea.  I've always thought that McNair was the most underrated QB in the League, a real warrior who steps up when the game is on the line, takes hits and keeps fighting, and makes plays with his feet and his arm.  He'd be great for this team, he'd be a leader and would instantly be the heart and soul of the offense.  Adding McNair would definitely make the Bills more competitive next year.

That being said, there is no fuggin way it's gonna happen.  As others have said, Marv isn't trying to do this quickly - he's in this for the haul.

683102[/snapback]

I would say that McNair is more like one of the most over rated QB's. There is no way that the year that he was "co-MVP" he tied Peyton Manning in any way shape or form. I think it is just the NFL trying to make atleast one all star on every team so that they have someone to market in every town.

McNair is a joke, he was on the team that screwed the Bills in 1999 that prevented us from winning a superbowl, and he's injured everyday. He is the only QB i know who gets injured every year, gets praised for being such a warrior, and then some how gets elected to the Pro Bowl.

I would say that McNair is more like one of the most over rated QB's. There is no way that the year that he was "co-MVP" he tied Peyton Manning in any way shape or form. I think it is just the NFL trying to make atleast one all star on every team so that they have someone to market in every town.

McNair is a joke, he was on the team that screwed the Bills in 1999 that prevented us from winning a superbowl, and he's injured everyday. He is the only QB i know who gets injured every year, gets praised for being such a warrior, and then some how gets elected to the Pro Bowl.

683106[/snapback]

Dude have you looked at his stats? This is one of the most uninformed posts I've seen around here...

The responses in this thread sound just like the clowns at bb.com's board. I'd take McNair over all 3 of our quarterbacks easily...The guy is tough as nails and keeps coming back for more. I can't believe the way some of you think. "oh he used to be good" give me a break, the guy STILL plays at a very high level.

Now I don't think there's a snoballs chance in hell he comes here but wow that would be awesome if it did happen. I think once the season starts it will be obvious that JP still isn't ready...and I cringe thinking about what will happen then...Holcomb and mediocrity...here we come!

Dude have you looked at his stats?  This is one of the most uninformed posts I've seen around here...

683108[/snapback]

But if you really do want to look at stats, i guess we could if you want an "informed post" and some logic.

In 2005 Steve McNair started 14 games, during which his touchdown to interception ratio was 16-11. Now lets look at Losman, only started 8 games this season and went up against some pretty stiff competition when he was playing. Losman had a TD-Int. ratio of 8-8. Not the best stuff but it was his first year starting, without an o-line, in a new system, and with Willis McGahee having almost no production to help him out. I'm sorry, if you have been in a system for 11 years like Steve McNair, you should have a better understanding of what your goals are as an offense. But i guess that is pretty hard to do when you aren't at the practice facility because you are pulling your weekly injury schtick, cause you don't want to go to practice.

One of the main things about McNair is that he can make a play with his feet if necessary. McNair is now 33 years old, and as you get older, you get slower. So it helps prove that 50% of Steve McNair's game is going to be gone.

In Decemeber games in TENNESSEE, McNair in 4 games had a td-int ratio of 2-2 in 2005. That is in warm weather, not in Buffalo. Losman went 4-4 in td-int, and he played 2 games in December.

So i'm sorry if you called me out and i made you look ridiculous. I actually agreed with a few of your threads over the weekend, but you view point on this subject matter is completely ridiculous and it shows that you did not look at the stats that matter in order to have success in Buffalo.

Um, when did McNair win that first ring? Second, has anyone watched this guy over the last few seasons? He's been on the shnide for three years. He was a good quarterback during his prime, and for the kind of money he wants this season, he can go to the Ravens. Anyone who wants McNair better not criticize TD, because that's the same kind of lunacy that made us a five and eleven team last year.

I bet Losman has far superior numbers to McNair this season, in part because McNair will be injured for five maybe six games. Taking him would be a terrible move for the Bills and if the front office even thought about it they're as silly as the last bunch of clowns that were in there.

Go Sabres!!!!

Um, when did McNair win that first ring?  Second, has anyone watched this guy over the last few seasons?  He's been on the shnide for three years.  He was a good quarterback during his prime, and for the kind of money he wants this season, he can go to the Ravens.  Anyone who wants McNair better not criticize TD, because that's the same kind of lunacy that made us a five and eleven team last year. 

I bet Losman has far superior numbers to McNair this season, in part because McNair will be injured for five maybe six games.  Taking him would be a terrible move for the Bills and if the front office even thought about it they're as silly as the last bunch of clowns that were in there.

Go Sabres!!!!

683182[/snapback]

Amen Brother!

I'll tell you why I wouldn't lobby for McNair: he is a good qb on the downside of his career with injury problems. He might play wlel enough for us to win 7-8 games but we still wouldn't get to the playoffs. Then, next season when we DO need a QB probably addressed in the draft, we will have a crappy position in the draft (I'm not advocating playing to lose, but let's face it, we're a top 10 pick again next year) AND we will have ANOTHER QB controversy. "Should McNair hang it up? Who starts?" We also would have less of a chance at signing any possible good younger FA QBs cause they would shy away from Buffalo with McNair here. Just my opinion, I've been known to be wrong.

Not this time irish. You are absolutely right. McNair is in the twilight of a good career and the millions he would want for one or two seasons aren't worth. The move would be horrible and it wouldn't help. Losman can win us six or seven games this year IMO, and that's all McNair could do. Bad move and a bad idea, as I've already said.