Could it be the Bucs are already displeased with

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How scary is it that some felt Williams was the Bills best lineman right up until the second he was cut?

http://jaguars.jacksonville.com/cgi-bin/ms...i?section=19565

"Negative words from the head coach

Posted by: Fallasha

Posted on: 6/10/06 - 2:25 p.m.

Did anyone else hear Coach Jack Del Rio on "Jaguars This Week"? He said some pretty negative comments about Mike Williams during the brief interview. Most everyone assumed that picking this guy up was a good move. I was not one of them, but I was hoping that Williams would come in here and change my perception of him. Well, after hearing Del Rio's comments, I am now extremely skeptical of those who say that he will help this team.

Among some of the Head Coach's comments on Mike Williams were (paraphrasing): "He has not been impressive up to this point . Mike has a long way to go to even make this team. He knows where he needs to be, and Mike's not there yet. Stockar (McDougle) was more impressive during the minicamp and OTAs."

This is not a ringing endorsement for a player that many, including Tony Boselli, have penciled in as a starter when the regular season starts. This just further fuels my belief that not enough was done in the offseason to help our below average offensive line. The OL woes should have been addressed during this year's draft.

I don't know if I can take another season of the critics who blame Byron, Fred, Greg, or the receivers for the offense's lack of production. There may be weaknesses in some of those areas, but clearly the OL is the greatest area of concern on that particular side of the ball.

Go Jags '06

Fallasha"

And, yup, LaDairis just parroted that report.  LaDairis has no idea what Mike Williams looks like in Jax right now.  LaDairis has no idea who "Fallasha" is.  LaDairis does know that there is a show called "Jaguars this Week" and that nobody is disputing what Fallasha claims to have observed on JTW on that board...

706800[/snapback]

I also heard that Tampa is interested in Big Bennie too .... and that Chris Sims is buying LOTS of extra life insurance

706969[/snapback]

I heard that they are going to use them as sand bags to stop the flooding from Alberto. :)

I heard the Jackson Bay Buccaguars have issued Mike Williams a mandatory wardrobe that says "Do Not Feed" across the front and back of the shirts. Also, they are discouraging fans from bringing anything Fried, Chocolate, or Salty to training camp as they may be placing their lives at risk by being mauled. Although we've never seen big mike actually maul anyone, be it on the football field or off, there always remains that possibility.

I heard the Jackson Bay Buccaguars have issued Mike Williams a mandatory wardrobe that says "Do Not Feed" across the front and back of the shirts.  Also, they are discouraging fans from bringing anything Fried, Chocolate, or Salty to training camp as they may be placing their lives at risk by being mauled.  Although we've never seen big mike actually maul anyone, be it on the football field or off, there always remains that possibility.

709664[/snapback]

I heard this too. Apparently all was working well until Mike Williams devoured his new mandatory wardrobe. Needless to say, his new teammates are a tad on the nervous side at the moment.

HELLO?!?!......... we're only presently in heated talks with the Cards.....the proposed deal being Fat Mike & Travis H for LJ Shelton and JJ Arrington.....wake up for crying out loud..

711292[/snapback]

But we cant trade Travis Henry that would leave us with just Antoine Smith.