How This Draft Can Be An A+ Draft

Psshh, you'd figure we as Bills fans would have grown tougher skin by now.

And I'm sure its far too late to join the debate since its probably been done hundreds of times in the last 48 hours, but I love the Whitner pick (even at #8 where they got him).  Dislike the McCargo pick tremendously.  Really liked the rest of the draft from Round 3 onwards.  Didnt go O-Line early like I thought but picked up some damn joygasmic players along the way.

680350[/snapback]

See, but you're not qualified to dislike the McCargo pick because you formed an opinion on him from either:

personal observation from watching him play OR

some form of a media report, NOT

anything coming out of the Bills war room...don't think you were in there.

And unlike the media, we all know the Bills are never wrong.

Your positive takes on Whitner & the others though are valid & acceptable to all. :P:doh:

From PTI: Fair to say Marv is 80, but draft doesn't tell anything for 3 years. Mentions Youboty falling and how the experts had him going in the first. They both trust Marv Levy over draft experts. Don't know what draft will yield. People shouldn't be grading the draft yet. They are with Marv over any so called Draft Gods.

I think by the end of the year our defense will be clicking, if not clacking, we have a solid dime package now and a good rotation at DT. I foresee Simpson and Whitner starting safeties by week 6, yes two rookies however both are our best options, Vincent can be moved back to CB in the cover two he'll be fine, and youboty starts at nickel, but will have to fight to keep it from king and Vincent

(3) Finally, regardless of need and the idea of building teams inside-out, the Bills had a great draft if they drafted four or five really good players. Forget not focusing on the lines enough. If Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson, and Williams all turn out to be good players, then it's an A+ draft because that's an excellent batting average. Typically, with your first five players drafted, you're probably looking at two good players, two average players, and a bust. If I had to guess right now, Whitner will be a star, Simpson will be very good and a steal in the fourth round, McCargo will be an underachiever, Youboty will be inconsistent and unreliable, and Williams will be completely average. But if they all turn out good...

So yes, the draft day grades are preliminary. We'll wait to see how it all shakes out. I think that is fair.

680084[/snapback]

I think that most people on this board are missing the reasons why they Bills have a low grade of D and I think that is being nice.

The Fact is that we could have gained a pick in this draft with a minor trade down out of the top 10. Instead now we have to pay our new unproven saftey top 10 draft dollars that ifhe doesnt pan out theres another MW typ dollars sitting on our roster and even if he does pan out would he still be worth that type of money. I hate to state it so matter of factly but that has been the theme this offseason overpaying for second/third teir talent. Thats my main prblem and many of the experts drafting him at #8.

Secondly, we lost a 3rd pick to move up for another shot in the dark to overpay this player as well as losing out on another key player in the third round. Im sorry but I have to agree with the experts, play the hand see if hes there at the number 2 spot and keep both number threes because the odds were gighly in the favor of him still being there. This is not a Willis mcgahee type of gamble. So not only did we waste first round money on a guy projected to go in the 3rd but we lost a third round pick.

This draft and the offseason moves off overpaying for under acheiving talent is like we are putting together a college team to compete in the NFL. I disagree with another post stating the Bills will have the number 2 pick in next year draft, I have become convinced this team for the first time in My 17 years as a fan the Bills will be selecting #1 overall next season. This is the worst team on paper I have ever seen wih a reject to coach them, Im usually optimistic and the more this off season pans out the more I am not looking forward to next years disaster. :doh::P:):D;)

I think that most people on this board are missing the reasons why they Bills have a low grade of D and I think that is being nice.

The Fact is that we could have gained a pick in this draft with a minor trade down out of the top 10. Instead now we have to pay our new unproven saftey top 10 draft dollars that ifhe doesnt pan out theres another MW typ dollars sitting on our roster and even if he does pan out would he still be worth that type of money. I hate to state it so matter of factly but that has been the theme this offseason overpaying for second/third teir talent.  Thats my main prblem and many of the experts drafting him at #8.

Secondly, we lost a 3rd pick to move up for another shot in the dark to overpay this player as well as losing out on another key player in the third round. Im sorry but I have to agree with the experts, play the hand see if hes there at the number 2 spot and keep both number threes because the odds were gighly in the favor of him still being there. This is not a Willis mcgahee type of gamble. So not only did we waste first round money on a guy projected to go in the 3rd but we lost a third round pick.

This draft and the offseason moves off overpaying for under acheiving talent is like we are putting together a college team to compete in the NFL. I disagree with another post stating the Bills will have the number 2 pick in next year draft, I have become convinced this team for the first time in My 17 years as a fan the Bills will be selecting #1 overall next season. This is the worst team on paper I have ever seen wih a reject to coach them, Im usually optimistic and the more this off season pans out the more I am not looking forward to next years disaster. :doh:  :P  :)  :D  ;)

680373[/snapback]

Well, if you're usually optimistic then you have been on an incredible roll with being wrong the last decade or so, so lets hope you continue the good work. Here's to the Claw being wrong again! :(

It IS bitching.  You and I are both annoying, let's not pretend otherwise.  But there's validity to the idea that you build a team inside out so I don't feel like I'm a bad guy, just someone with a different opinion than the positive folks.  BTW, stuckincincy, I actually gave it a D+, not a D-.  It's not like I don't like Whitner, Simpson, Youboty, and McCargo as players.  I just think, for example, Davin Joseph (after accepting the tradedown with Philly or Denver) and maybe Darryl Tapp would help protect our skill position players better.

EDIT: whoops, of course McCargo counts because he's on the line.

680306[/snapback]

Hey Oz, include me in the "annoying" club no doubt, but at least we state our views and welcome dialogue. Take notice too that we are far from the only annoying posters. :doh:

As for your original post, it was imo nothing less than superb. I sit here right now hoping that one of these new kids (or Reyes) will develop into a good blocker. What drags me down is history because it rarely works that way, at least not for us. :D

Be it as it may, perhaps some day, somehow, the Bills will have a strong pair of guards and a stellar LT. Imagine having a Hull type OC once again! That day my friend is when we will win. :P

Again, thanks for taking the time to come up with such a novel post. We can't be negative for the start of the season. We are Bills Fans. We have to keep hoping and fighting. :)

Hey Oz, include me in the "annoying" club no doubt, but at least we state our views and welcome dialogue. Take notice too that we are far from the only annoying posters.  :doh:

As for your original post, it was imo nothing less than superb. I sit here right now hoping that one of these new kids (or Reyes) will develop into a good blocker. What drags me down is history because it rarely works that way, at least not for us.  :D

Be it as it may, perhaps some day, somehow, the Bills will have a strong pair of guards and a stellar LT. Imagine having a Hull type OC once again! That day my friend is when we will win.  :P

Again, thanks for taking the time to come up with such a novel post. We can't be negative for the start of the season. We are Bills Fans. We have to keep hoping and fighting.  :)

680381[/snapback]

Hey Bill, thanks for the kind words. I, too, have faith that we will have a great offensive line again one day after *sigh* over a decade of witnessing ineptitude in that area. When we do get that great line in place, I'll raise a toast to you, brother, because there's nobody on this board who deserves to see a great offensive line more than Bill from NYC. The one thing you've wished for offseason after offseason after offseason has been for our beloved team to give us a line that can driveblock and hold a pocket. Let's hope the wait doesn't continue much longer.

I would like to know what the interior of our DL should be considered so "young"

Tripplet a wet behind the years guy he is a veteran player who has had success in the league.....Schobel and Kelsay are also vets.....as a matter of fact the only really young guy that is going to get exposed is Daunte who will pair up with Vincent.....McCargo will start off rotating with Tripps till he gets his feet wet.....Ko Simpson and Yabooty will probably be brought along slowly as they will sit behind our now 2 starting CB's and King (or if Yebooty shows real promise early could be the 3rd db)

Our linebacking core should be improved with Spikes coming back...Angelo getting seasoning....

I dont know man....if you ask me I think this is going to be a young attacking, playmaking defense that isn't going to wilt because the inteior DL will be rotating....

But thats just me.......