Peter King on WEEI right now

PromoTheRobot

McKinnie gave up 11 sacks last year, Williams 9.  Who outplayed who last year?  Jennings, a 3rd round pick gave up 2 or 3.

If you compare Pace's first two seasons with Williams, Williams gave up 2 more sacks than Pace.

If McKinnie was drafted by the Bills, he would have been a RT too, especially since he decided to hold out half of his first year.  Jennings would have had the LT spot nailed down, and McKinnie's play would have kept him at RT.

The problems with the OL has been inexperience, changing positions, offensive scheme and gameplan, and the loss of Larry Centers, who was able to get Bledsoe out of a jam.

Then again, I don't have the apparent mind reading skills of Peter King.

50929[/snapback]

Who is playing right tackle and who is playing left tackle? That will tell you who is playing against the better competition.

Who played three fewer games last year? If I recall correctly, his initials are Mike Williams.

Who has ZERO sacks against this year?

McKinnie gave up 11 sacks last year, Williams 9.  Who outplayed who last year?  Jennings, a 3rd round pick gave up 2 or 3.

If you compare Pace's first two seasons with Williams, Williams gave up 2 more sacks than Pace.

If McKinnie was drafted by the Bills, he would have been a RT too, especially since he decided to hold out half of his first year.  Jennings would have had the LT spot nailed down, and McKinnie's play would have kept him at RT.

The problems with the OL has been inexperience, changing positions, offensive scheme and gameplan, and the loss of Larry Centers, who was able to get Bledsoe out of a jam.

Thank you. You can also mentino that Culpepper is a much more mobile QB who can "get out of trouble and avoid sacks" according to most here.

Not that it'll change most people's opinions here. They want some whipping boys, and DB and MW (and TD to a lesser extent) can do nothing right. Hell, last year when we were a very convincing 2-0, there were plenty of people here complaining about some of the shortfalls of the team. I think most people here just like to B word and moan. Sad, really.

To the person who said McKinnie has outplayed Williams since day 1 -- how do you outplay someone when you're holding out for half a season and the other guy is starting???

CW

Is it possible to give coach Mcnally more than two regular season games to work with a Mike Williams before deciding his total future.......

50938[/snapback]

Of course.

MW has tremendous tools. We have a huge investment in him. We also have no choice. I am still hopeful that he is going to develop into the player that we all expect.

What made me angry a few years ago was how some people on this board trashed McKinnie (without really knowing anything about him). I watched nearly every game he played in college and he was a stud.

I don't have a problem with Peter King criticizing Mike Williams' perfomance on the field, but to question his character based on hearsay? Wow.

BTW, you'll never hear anyone on WEEI ask Peter King how much time he has spent at Bill Belichick's summer home in Nantucket during the off-season. I'm just sayin'.

Thank you.  You can also mentino that Culpepper is a much more mobile QB who can "get out of trouble and avoid sacks" according to most here. 

Not that it'll change most people's opinions here.  They want some whipping boys, and DB and MW (and TD to a lesser extent) can do nothing right.  Hell, last year when we were a very convincing 2-0, there were plenty of people here complaining about some of the shortfalls of the team.  I think most people here just like to B word and moan.  Sad, really.

To the person who said McKinnie has outplayed Williams since day 1 -- how do you outplay someone when you're holding out for half a season and the other guy is starting???

CW

50945[/snapback]

That was me.

See my other posts.

In their first year, BM payed in 8 games and allowed 4.75 sacks. That works out to .59 a game as a rookie LEFT TACKLE. (By the way, he only held out because the Vikings would not initially agree to pay him something between what the guy ahead and behind him got from their teams).

MW played in 14 games and gave up 7.5 sacks. In other words, he gave up .53 sacks per game against lesser competition.

Last year, BM gave up .68 sacks per game as a LEFT TACKLE.

MW gave up .73 sacks per game last year as a right tackle.

This year, BM has not given up a sack in 3 games. MW has given up 2 sacks in 2 games.

MW's problems aside, Peter King has absolutely no idea what he's talking about there. I hate when the football media makes up stevestojan, it's annoying. Mike needs to improve in pass protection Yes, and fast, but those comments are from left field and are unfounded.

Of course.

MW has tremendous tools.  We have a huge investment in him.  We also have no choice.  I am still hopeful that he is going to develop into the player that we all expect.

What made me angry a few years ago was how some people on this board trashed McKinnie (without really knowing anything about him).  I watched nearly every game he played in college and he was a stud.

50947[/snapback]

Yeah, he was a real stud those first 8 weeks of the season two years ago :doh:

Come on, if we *had* drafted BM (which I'm still glad we didn't), everyone would be complaining about his lack of performance as well ESPECIALLY given the holdout. How many times has Culpepper fumbled on the goalline this year? How many sacks has he given up? People would be asking for his head just as much.

CW

Who is playing right tackle and who is playing left tackle?  That will tell you who is playing against the better competition.

Who played three fewer games last year?  If I recall correctly, his initials are Mike Williams.

50935[/snapback]

Since the Bills acquired Bledsoe and needed to protect him, Teflon Tom should have traded down from #4 and taken Roy William, John Henderson or Dwight Freeney and then taken Mike Pearson in the 2nd round to play LT. Pearson played in a pass happy offense at Flordia and has shown he is much better at pass protection than MW.

MW's problems aside, Peter King has absolutely no idea what he's talking about there. I hate when the football media makes up stevestojan, it's annoying. Mike needs to improve in pass protection Yes, and fast, but those comments are from left field and are unfounded.

50967[/snapback]

"Two things I think I think:"

1) King, the Peter, is an uninformed blowhard.

2) See # 1.

:doh:

Since the Bills acquired Bledsoe and needed to protect him, Teflon Tom should have traded down from #4 and taken Roy William, John Henderson or Dwight Freeney and then taken Mike Pearson in the 2nd round to play LT. Pearson played in a pass happy offense at Flordia and has shown he is much better at pass protection than MW.

50983[/snapback]

How quickly people forget that we *did* want to (allegedly) trade down but that there were no takers (again, according to reports from that year).

CW

McKinnie gave up 11 sacks with a supposed "mobile" QB too. Too much is being made about Williams himself. The problem seems to be, from a non O-line expert, that as a unit these guys don't seem to be working together. Some of the better O-lines recently have not been the most dominant players but good working units (Denver, New England, Etc.).

Hindsight is 20-20, but, damnit... I can't argue with this at all. THis is a defining year for big Mike. If he doesn't cut it this year, he ain't gonna ever.

Bills blew it not checking the charecter of Mike Williams before drafting him.  King was trying not to say it outright, but he was insinuating that Mike Williams is a tortured individual who hates playing football, and only shows up for the paycheck.  Refered to Mike "...having 900 guys hanging off him."  Not defenders, but people mooching off him.  Also said Mike shows up to work "...asking if his check was deposited yet?'  He wasn't clear if that was an actual quote.

He did say unequivicaly that Williams is killing Bledsoe and the Bills.  So why is he playing?  Becuase he's a #4 overall pick!  If he were some FA walk-on, he'd be long gone.

50836[/snapback]

:doh:

50929[/snapback]

The problem I have with the whole thing is we aren't talking about a mid first round pick or even a end of the first round pick...

We are talking about the FOURTH OVERALL PICK.....even when this guy is out of shape....and green he should be just knocking people off the ball from sheer talent.......

Then you see guys like Mike Pearson doing so well for the jags....oh man....I did like Mike Pearson

Who is playing right tackle and who is playing left tackle?  That will tell you who is playing against the better competition.

Who played three fewer games last year?  If I recall correctly, his initials are Mike Williams.

50935[/snapback]

McKinnie's numbers as a LT his first two years still suck. If the Bills drafted him, Jennings would still be the LT, not McKinnie. Like Williams, he would be playing the right side.

So if you want to make the distinction of RT vs. LT, then the comparison should be Jennings vs. McKinnie. And McKinnie loses that battle.