Undrafted Free Agent Signings (UPDATED)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills | Team signs UDFA D. Ming

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:55:24 -0700

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Buffalo Bills have signed undrafted rookie free agent LB Derrick Ming (Missouri).

679197[/snapback]

Saw him play in High School, Webster Groves. He was the best player in St. Louis that year. Never properly utilized at Missouri. Naturally talented.

;)  Just a reminder, 2 years ago we signed TE/OL Jason Peters, AR who wasn't drafted. Let's give credit to TD for that one.

679179[/snapback]

Actually the last couple of years saw several UDFAs like Peters make our team and eventually even start. I believe Baker was the bif success story as he signed as a UDFA and eventually started. Leonhard did not start but also was (I think) a UDFA who made the team.

We were developing a rep as a good place for a UDFA to go among agents but I am not sure how much that rep survived the death of MM as HC.

Nance is not that fast, more like a 4.65, however he adds height to our camp. I remember earlier in the year, he was considered by some the top senior WR. Love his height, love his production, and hopefully he comes here with the biggest chip on his shoulder and battles, his Soph year was amazing, it say a lot about his character to come back from the injury and play well.

Three players i think marv should call that are not on that list

Kai Parham-6'3 255 LB-poor forty but tackling machine at Virginia

Spencer Havner-big and athletic

William Kershaw-Maryland LB, Maryland is an exciting program

all three could compete for positions, Including Posey's

Thanks for maintaining this list.

I agree with frogger that we should be able to get a decent LB prospect through UDFA.

Nance was a good pickup. I'm surprised he chose Buffalo.

Watch out for Charlton Keith (Browns) and Erik Meyer (Bengals). Good pickups there. I want to know where Steve Fifita goes, probably to a 3-4 team, but I think he can play 4-3 and be a force on run downs.

Thanks for maintaining this list.

I agree with frogger that we should be able to get a decent LB prospect through UDFA.

Nance was a good pickup.  I'm surprised he chose Buffalo.

Watch out for Charlton Keith (Browns) and Erik Meyer (Bengals).  Good pickups there.  I want to know where Steve Fifita goes, probably to a 3-4 team, but I think he can play 4-3 and be a force on run downs.

679325[/snapback]

Dolphins | Team signs UDFA Fifita

Mon, 1 May 2006 00:15:18 -0700

The Deseret Morning News reports the Miami Dolphins have signed undrafted rookie free agent DT Steve Fifita (Utah).

Dolphins | Team signs UDFA Fifita

Mon, 1 May 2006 00:15:18 -0700

The Deseret Morning News reports the Miami Dolphins have signed undrafted rookie free agent DT Steve Fifita (Utah).

679346[/snapback]

Thanks. He'll be good depth at nose for them.

;)   Just a reminder, 2 years ago we signed TE/OL Jason Peters, AR who wasn't drafted. Let's give credit to TD for that one.

679179[/snapback]

Sorry....but I wont give credit to Donahoe getting Peters.

After the draft was over he was one of the ten highest rated players left that had not been drafted.

It doesn't take a genius to sign a guy as an undrafted free agent that was expected to be drafted in the thIrd or fourth round!

DDONAHOE IS A DIRT BAG AND WILL ALWAYS BE A DIRTBAG!!

"Nance enjoyed a spectacular season as a sophomore in 2003 when he teamed up with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and caught 90 passes for 1,498 yards — both were school single-season records by wide margins — and 11 touchdowns."

Knew I remembered the name. He was Big Ben's target.

Nance fills a need on this team....I bet he makes the roster...

680544[/snapback]

I agree...very impressed with him coming out of college. If he's over that injury, he's going to be a great red-zone target for whoever starts at QB. Very smart signing.