MORTENSON IS THE NEW PIG FACED

care to share with the rest of us not watching the draft?

Every time the Bills' picks get brought up, Mort trashes the new front office, presumably because he's ESPN's chief Donahoe knob-slobberer. This time around, Mort claimed that the Bills "clearly don't understand draft value," or something to that effect, and brought Levy and Wilson's age into it.

He's just being vindictive because Wilson got sick of losing with his boy TD.

PTR

677931[/snapback]

Another 2 minute diatribe on how the Bills don't understand draft value at all. (unlike his un-named unemployed buddy).

PTR

677931[/snapback]

"You've got to know the value of the draft, and the Bills just don't get it."

"Baltimore, Detroit..NO ONE else wanted Whitner." (he got really flustered on this one).

"Baltimore, Detroit..NO ONE else wanted Whitner." (he got really flustered on this one).

677959[/snapback]

I like how he added "No matter what anyone else says."

Pull the string Mort...

677959[/snapback]

I half expected him to finish by saying the Bills could have had Whitner in the 10th round. Suffice it to say, the news pipeline from Buffalo to Mort will be very very dry in the future.

I like how he added "No matter what anyone else says."

Pull the string Mort...

677968[/snapback]

Yeah. I felt bad for the others, he was embarassing... it wasn't just what he said, but the way he looked. I thought he was going to pop a vein in his head.

Easy mark for abuse, though... as we saw last year, all you've got to do is slam TD in one of his chats & he's completely thrown off his game. E-mail's would probably have the same effect. :lol:

I'm really tired of Mort and Golic...couple of chodes IMO.

Mel Kiper actually said if we swapped Youboty for McCargo...nobody would say anything about us "reaching" to get back into the first. I thought that was a good point.

677982[/snapback]

I also thought it was a good point... but I also thought he was trying to counter/cover for Mort's unprofessionalism.

I'm really tired of Mort and Golic...couple of chodes IMO.

Mel Kiper actually said if we swapped Youboty for McCargo...nobody would say anything about us "reaching" to get back into the first. I thought that was a good point.

677982[/snapback]

Bit of deja vu re: the whole McGahee/Kelsay thing huh?

It WAS a good point....but Mort was already on a roll. Wasn't gonna let Kiper stop his tantrum.

Mort is carrying TD's Love Child...Give the Guy a break...He's looking for some financial support with the Baby on the way and The Bills gave his lover the boot...He's just emotional...Hormonal Rage... :lol:

677907[/snapback]

TD and Modrak are very tight, do you suppose if Mort had his nose that far up TD's arse he could smell that and wouldn't be tearing apart the Bills picks? Can any of you just face the fact that the Bills don't appear to be doing a good job on draft day?

It's about what appears to be happening, and it's not like those who follow the league don't know that the Bills have a TERRIBLE offensive line, a very poor defensive line, questionable quarterbacking to say the least, no TE of any merit and a lot of age and injury concerns at LB. The secondary is actually a place where 2 of the 4 best HEALTHY defenders on the Bills reside(McGee and Clements), and you don't build a team from the outside inward, even if one of your dozen needs IS a safety(ever hear the axiom that games are won at the line of scrimmage.......anyone?).

This was a GREAT draft, deep with talent at positions of dire need for the Bills, and they got some players, but not what they needed to rebuild their ailing front lines. Nobody needed more help than the Bills out of this draft after a bad season, dumping talent in the offseason and signing little more than a bunch of castoffs in free agency(must've really liked that Bowen, huh?).

I hope Marv's plan works, but it's safe to say if they don't win that battle at the LOS, they won't be winning games, and it's going to take an incredible amount of synergy to make the Bills mediocre lines into a unit that can compete with the league's best. I like the character of the players, but character without talent will lose too, Marv.