Bunkly vs Cargo? and some comments

OK....so now that we basically bypassed Bunkley for McCargo.....

How do the 2 compare to each other?

Also...It doesn't really bother me if we are giving up a little too much to get certain players....as long as they are players that make a difference....

Lets keep in mind that some holes were filled before the draft....backup rb, dt (one of them), melvin fowler at Center, and Tuten Reyes at LG......

Gil Brandt had Bunkley at 1 and Mc Cargo at:

3. John McCargo, N.C. State (6-1½, 302, 5.19)

McCargo had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran his two 40s in 5.16 and 5.22 seconds. He also recorded a 30½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-2 long jump, a 4.48 short shuttle, a 7.79 three-cone drill and 25 bench presses. He played defensive line and fullback in high school, recording 98 carries for 648 yards as a senior. He also played baseball, basketball, and threw the shot-put and discus. He redshirted in 2002. He started 13 games in 2003 and 16 over the next two years, missing the final five games of the 2005 regular season with injury. He has very good athletic ability; he will get a good push rushing the passer. He has quickness and explosion in addition to good pass-rush moves -- he's not just a bull rusher. He is inconsistent at times, but he has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player. McCargo has met with eight different teams, including Kansas City on April 19.

Eagles | Bunkley says other teams looked at him; he's happy in Philadelphia

Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:04:29 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles DT Brodrick Bunkley, the team's No. 1 draft choice in Saturday's NFL Draft, said he knew the Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns were interested in him. He also said he did not visit Buffalo so he was not surprised the Buffalo Bills bypassed him.

I think it is safe to say that the Bills front office is focusing on smart, high character guys and intelligent guys. I question some of these moves but now that I sit back and look at it, this reminds me of something the Patriots would do. They draft based on need and for the most part get intelligent players. I think that because it was the Bills making these moves, the talking heads are going to flame them. Mort absolutely HATES the Bills. Whenever he talks about the Bills I just hit mute. I like how Mel defended the Whitner pick and made Mort look like an angry guy trying to defend his boy TD.

Russ Lande has McCargo #2 rated DT between Ngata (1) & Bunkley (3).  Not that bad a pick.

Profootball Weekly had him ranked #3 right after Ngata (1) & Bunkley (2) and they also had Whitner ranked as the #1 safety in the draft. Huff was ranked the #1 CB.