99% of the posts today are ridiculous

nodnarb

well said nodnarb, it is amazing how many people believe that they know where such and such a person should be picked. I have more faith in the staff at OBD than in 99% of the people posting here, myself included

675758[/snapback]

you probably had more faith in TD also.....how did that work out?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can NEVER judge a draft on draft day. But you armchair draftniks know better, right? Please...what a joke.

675683[/snapback]

Whatever. Like someone posted earlier on the board, first we have the "You can't judge anything on draft day."

Then we hear it's only training camp, then it's the preseason, we're vanilla. On and on, ad nauseum.

THe thing is the Bills seemed to have blinked. Whitner would have ben there (more than likely) and McCargo we probably could have gotten in the second without moving.

What this demonstrates is that the Bills lack people who know how to be un-emotional when they negotiate. This is exactly what happened today, period.

You know why 99% of the posts today are ridiculous ? Because Marv, DJ and Modrak are screwing up the most important draft in a decade !

675786[/snapback]

LOL...says you, at home, on your couch. Impressive opinion!

It's plain and simple. The Bills planned on Huff being there and they were thrown for a loop when he was gone.

Just like Free Agency. The speed of the draft is too much for Marv Levy. They threw away a third round pick for a player who was the Third best lineman on his team, who just happened to only play 6 games.

At least the Draft will be really fun next year when the Bills pick #1 overall. My only hope is that there will be a new GM in place to put this team in the right direction. :(

I have no problems with the picks themselves.  What I "do" have a problem with is that the Bills don't seem to be taking advantage of other teams' draft boards.  For instance, if most teams had Whitmer as a mid to late first rounder, TRADE DOWN!  Secure extra picks.

If McCargo is a late second rounder by post team projections, stay put.  Perhaps they had intelligence that indicated otherwise, but usually these folks in the media have a solid pulse as to where teams' draft boards are -- and in both cases, these players were reaches where they were drafted.

675757[/snapback]

The only thing the media know is what information each team wants to leak to them.

We assume that a guy like McCargo is going to be there in late second round because that's what the draft books say. Who knows, McCargo might have been drafted within a few picks. The books might be wrong. I buy Ourlads and Kiper's book each year. They're fun to read but I don't think they are a good indicator of NFL success.

I rather see the Bills draft a guy "too early" but still get him, then gamble that he'll still be there with their next pick.

Sure they make mistakes! Every year! (my god, am I speaking with a 5th grader?) Why is this so difficult to understand...? It's not that teams make mistakes...

It's that YOU...and fans like YOU...are not qualified to judge whether they are mistakes or not.

675798[/snapback]

I don't know for sure if they are a mistake yet or not, ( right now I'm just glad it appears Eric Winston is gone :( )

but I (or anyone on this board) am as qualified to say they are a mistake than you (or anyone on this board) are to say they are not...

and that's the facts, Jack. :D

And you are in New York influencing decisions ? F Off !

675809[/snapback]

No, I'm in NY pointing out how stupid and misinformed most of the opinions are here. I never claimed that I know what the Bills SHOULD HAVE DONE. Cuz I don't. But I trust that they know how to build a team for their system.

It's plain and simple. The Bills planned on Huff being there and they were thrown for a loop when he was gone.

Just like Free Agency. The speed of the draft is too much for Marv Levy. They threw away a third round pick for a player who was the Third best lineman on his team, who just happened to only play 6 games.

At least the Draft will be really fun next year when the Bills pick #1 overall. My only hope is that there will be a new GM in place to put this team in the right direction. :(

675820[/snapback]

He'll probably trade down and give away a first and second for the 5th spot in the first and think he came out ahead.

LOL...says you, at home, on your couch. Impressive opinion!

675805[/snapback]

Well, you still can't seem to lend any help to us morons by explaining what happens to the "big bad professionals" when they screw up like the Bills brass has for the last, ohhhhhhhhhhhh, decade maybe?

No, I'm in NY pointing out how stupid and misinformed most of the opinions are here. I never claimed that I know what the Bills SHOULD HAVE DONE. Cuz I don't. But I trust that they know how to build a team for their system.

675827[/snapback]

How have they done recently with this confidence of yours? That's all I want to know. If you can give me something even remotely intelligent, I'll stop questioning what they do.

Understood, but you notice the pattern. Take a look at each and every pick, they seem to have a reasonable guess as to where players are going to go and what teams are thinking. In the case of the Bills' picks, it is coming directly out of left field.

Perhaps you are right, but to me it seems like a classic case misjudging value.

The only thing the media know is what information each team wants to leak to them.

We assume that a guy like McCargo is going to be there in late second round because that's what the draft books say. Who knows,  McCargo might have been drafted within a few picks. The books might be wrong. I buy Ourlads and Kiper's book each year. They're fun to read but I don't think they are a good indicator of NFL success.

I rather see the Bills draft a guy "too early" but still get him, then gamble that he'll still be there with their next pick.

675822[/snapback]

Most of you people would have cheered if the Bills had taken Winston Justice at #8. You would have been ecstatic if we had traded up in the late first to get him. And he's still on the board. Why? Cuz these teams and their staffs know more about these players than every one of us combined. They also know how to assemble players that FIT THEIR SYSTEM, and none of us do.

There will be a lot of crow at the buffet at the end of the year or by the end of next year, when we know a lot more about the impact these guys will make.

You can NEVER judge a draft on draft day. But you armchair draftniks know better, right? Please...what a joke.

675683[/snapback]

So according to your post no matter who the Bills selected. And I litterally mean NO MATTER WHO you'd sit there and reserve judgement?

More faith than I would have had with you in the front office  :(

675853[/snapback]

I betcha Max997 could have not gotten us in the playoffs the last 7 years. That I do know for sure.

Going by that....

Max997 = TD

675827[/snapback]

My opinion has the same weight as yours F head. If you want to meet somewhere and throw down I am game, I would love to disfigure you for life and put you in the hospital for the next 12 months !

My opinion has the same weight as yours F head. If you want to meet somewhere and throw down I am game, I would love to disfigure you for life and put you in the hospital for the next 12 months !

675896[/snapback]

No need to take it there. :(

We are all on the same team.

675896[/snapback]

EASY there, killer.....

675896[/snapback]

If you really want to mangle someone for life simply because of a message board argument you have a lot of problems and should probably seek some help.