Bills draft is a train wreck

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as being a Bills fan...When does it stop being loyalty and start to be stupidity? I gotta know?? :o

675511[/snapback]

CHILL OUT SHIP JUMPERS, MARV IS SMART AND A HALL OF FAMER, LISTENING TO ALL THE TALKING HEAD KNOW IT ALLS,? HOW COME THEIR NOT EMPLOYED BY ANY N.F.L. TEAM?

This rationalization is the classic ailment of a fan who has suffered through consecutive years ineptitude and lunacy rampant in front office management.

I don't think that's true. Look at the two positions the Bills have taken players at, Safety and DT. Certain players that may be rated higher on other boards may not be the higher player on the Bills board because of the schemes. A guy like Huff may be a better player for 20 teams and Whitner may be a better player for 12 teams because of the scheme. McCargo may be the very best player or second best player in the Bills scheme and yet he may be the 5th or 6th best player in the Dolphins or Jets or Patriots scheme.

676284[/snapback]

There's 100 people viewing this board that could have gotten both McCargo and Whitworth/Whitburn/Whitface/Whitever, and STILL had our #42 and #73 in the pocket. You trade down, take the 2nd, use the extra 2nd on McCargo. This isn't !@#$ing rocket science.

This draft is going to make us pine for 2000 by the time it's done.

675489[/snapback]

Yes, it would have been soooo easy to trade our 1st down 5 or 7 slots and get another second .... right. :lol:

And McCargo would have been there in the second because you say so. :lol:

Get a life.

This rationalization is the classic ailment of a fan who has suffered through consecutive years ineptitude and lunacy rampant in front office management.

676313[/snapback]

So you know who is a good player and who is not before they play an NFL game/ Are Whitner and McCargo going to be good players or not? Please provide the answers because I don't really feel like waiting to see them on the field.

Well, if you go by the Scouts Inc ranking, the Bills got the #20, #28 and #62-ranked players.

Not bad, unless you consider the fact they threw away the 74th pick along the way. But also not the "over the cliff" lamentations being posted by a segment of the board today, including myself up to the Youboty pick.

So you know who is a good player and who is not before they play an NFL game/ Are Whitner and McCargo going to be good players or not? Please provide the answers because I don't really feel like waiting to see them on the field.

676812[/snapback]

There are always intangibles. For example, does this year's Ohio State connection increase the likelihood that Nate might re-sign to a fair contract? Could be. :lol:

676812[/snapback]

You're just some crazed fuc#ing drunk typing jibberish on the internet. Of course, that's just IMO. BTW, I think the old guy might be hitting on you.

You're just some crazed fuc#ing drunk typing jibberish on the internet.  Of course, that's just IMO.  BTW, I think the old guy might be hitting on you.

677217[/snapback]

I thought you guys were cloistered in some Kazinski cabin somewhere?

676812[/snapback]

I'm going to try to be excited by Whitner - he seems like a great player to root for, but I do have to say that it is very unusual for a safety, particularly of his size, to be drafted in the Top 8.

JDG