Who do you want the Bills to avoid drafting today?

Brandon

Since we've been discussing the prospects we want the Bills to draft all offseason, lets switch it up a bit and see who you hope the Bills avoid. Here is my list:

1) Any QB

2) OT Eric Winston, Miami

3) OT Marcus McNeil, Auburn

4) DT Haloti Ngata, Oregon

5) SS Michael Huff, Texas

6) OLB Ernie Sims, Florida State

7) DB Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech

8) DE Darryl Tapp, Virginia Tech

9) DE Tamba Hali, Penn State

10) DB Antonio Cromartie, Florida State

11) WR Sinorice Moss, Miami

12) DT Rodrique Wright, Texas

The two most notable names are Huff and Ngata. In Huff's case, its not that he's a bad player. Its the fact that in a cover 2, he's going to be playing deep coverage and probably isn't going to be a factor in run defense (as if any safety really is). I wouldn't kick the TV if he were the choice, but I think there are better uses of a R1 pick for this team. As for Ngata, when a guy's college coach says he's a great player when he's motivated, I think the signal is clear: buyer beware. He may be an underachiever.

Darryl Tapp and Tamba Hali are probably two others that will be questioned. Both appear to be just like the guys we already have on the roster: high effort, but very average talent. They may turn out to be productive pros, but if I were doing the picking, it wouldn't be for the Bills.

Since we've been discussing the prospects we want the Bills to draft all offseason,  lets switch it up a bit and see who you hope the Bills avoid.  Here is my list: 

1)  Any QB

2)  OT Eric Winston,  Miami

3)  OT Marcus McNeil,  Auburn

4)  DT Haloti Ngata,  Oregon

5)  SS Michael Huff,  Texas

6)  OLB Ernie Sims,  Florida State

7)  DB Jimmy Williams,  Virginia Tech

8)  DE Darryl Tapp,  Virginia Tech

9)  DE Tamba Hali,  Penn State

10) DB Antonio Cromartie,  Florida State

11) WR Sinorice Moss,  Miami

12) DT Rodrique Wright,  Texas

The two most notable names are Huff and Ngata.  In Huff's case,  its not that he's a bad player.  Its the fact that in a cover 2,  he's going to be playing deep coverage and probably isn't going to be a factor in run defense (as if any safety really is).  I wouldn't kick the TV if he were the choice,  but I think there are better uses of a R1 pick for this team.  As for Ngata,  when a guy's college coach says he's a great player when he's motivated,  I think the signal is clear: buyer beware.  He may be an underachiever. 

Darryl Tapp and Tamba Hali are probably two others that will be questioned. Both appear to be just like the guys we already have on the roster:  high effort,  but very average talent.  They may turn out to be productive pros,  but if I were doing the picking,  it wouldn't be for the Bills.

674075[/snapback]

Wow, you're going to be pissed off in almost any direction we go.

I'm guessing that your favorite player in the draft is on my list.
Actually no....but from your list who is realy left...Bunkley?..i went to FSU and like Bunckley but I think Ngata will be better....D'Brick will probally be gone and Huff is real good. The guy I want is AJ Hawk but will be long gone I imagine.

Actually no....but from your list who is realy left...Bunkley?..i went to FSU and like Bunckley but I think Ngata will be better....D'Brick will probally be gone and Huff is real good. The guy I want is AJ Hawk but will be long gone I imagine.

674106[/snapback]

If they stay at 8, I'd be perfectly happy with Ferguson, Davis, Bunkley, Hawk or Winston Justice. Justice and Bunkley should be on the board and one of the other three might slip through to 8. Again, I wouldn't be too upset if Huff were the pick, but I think it will be a case of drafting a S too high for the scheme.

If they trade down, I'd be happy with almost any pick they could make. Again, this list really only includes 3-4 guys out of 32 each round that I don't want them to pick.

Justice and Bunkley should be on the board and one of the other three might slip through to 8.
Justice we'd trade down and still get him I'd think...Again, wouldn't be unhappy with Bunkley or Davis. Brick or Hawk if there...You gotta grab em.

Justice we'd trade down and still get him I'd think...Again,  wouldn't be unhappy with Bunkley or Davis. Brick or Hawk if there...You gotta grab em.

674136[/snapback]

I agree on Ferguson and Hawk, unless someone made a big offer for that 8th pick. IMO, they are the 4th and 5th best players, respectively, in this draft. I don't think either position is a dire need, but I would still very likely select them if available. Same for Vernon Davis, who I have #3.