FIRST OVERALL PICK IS SUPER MARIO

Kmac

Even if he doesn't want Bush, you HAVE TO TRY TO TRADE DOWN ALL 15 MINUTES! The Jets would trade their #4 and #29 in a sec for Bush. Maybe Mario is not there at #4 but DaBrick will be. Ya think the Texans need OL help?? Now watch the Jests make the same trade with the Saints. How can he be this STUPID!!! Makes you wonder how Marv didn't get a 1st for Moulds.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis, JP and the #8 for the #2....hee hee.....JP goes back to his college town to be a back-up; Willis gets to play in a dome and live in warm weather; NO still gets a top 10 pick to upgrade one of the lines...and we get Reggie...hee hee ;-) No one can offer NO three first rounders for Reggie Bush...

Willis, JP and the #8 for the #2....hee hee.....JP goes back to his college town to be a back-up; Willis gets to play in a dome and live in warm weather; NO still gets a top 10 pick to upgrade one of the lines...and we get Reggie...hee hee ;-)

673543[/snapback]

won't happen, but the ironic thing is if mcgahee hadn't torn up his knee in the championship game, the texans would most likely have drafted him at #3 overall. instead, they ended up with andre johnson.

I think it's a great move for them. I'm surprised they had the balls to do it. Most Houston fans will go nuts, but they just drafted the player that will help their team the most. I wonder if the recent "scandal" had anything to do with it at all. Maybe it just gave them the extra excuse.

IMO, this was the smarter pick than Bush.  If he is anything like Julius Peppers, he would have a much more impact on the team then a RB with a shelf life of 6 years.

673552[/snapback]

Just from watching him in college..He doesn't have the initial burst of Peppers (neither does anyone else in this and nearby solar systems) but he has more strength and probably a larger set of moves right now.

I don't think he will be as disruptive as Peppers but he is more stout against the run.

He will be a great one but I wouldn't expect him to move into a immediate double digit sack years.

I think it's a great move for them.  I'm surprised they had the balls to do it.  Most Houston fans will go nuts, but they just drafted the player that will help their team the most.  I wonder if the recent "scandal" had anything to do with it at all.  Maybe it just gave them the extra excuse.

673553[/snapback]

Balls?!?! They have a decent RB in Domanick Davis and with EM (after raping the Bills for him) along side Andre Johnson, they should have a pretty good offense if they can get a decent OLine. Kubiak should be able to make the most of DD's abilities as he has done with the Denver's offensive no name RB juggernaut.

They can still address o-line with their 2nd rd pick. W/ Mario, they now have a pass rush in the making.

IMO, this was the smarter pick than Bush.  If he is anything like Julius Peppers, he would have a much more impact on the team then a RB with a shelf life of 6 years.

673552[/snapback]

Especially an undersized one. Good move on the Texans part.

Just from watching him in college..He doesn't have the initial burst of Peppers (neither does anyone else in this and nearby solar systems) but he has more strength and probably a larger set of moves right now. 

I don't think he will be as disruptive as Peppers but he is more stout against the run. 

He will be a great one but I wouldn't expect him to move into a immediate double digit sack years.

673561[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so either, in regards to double digit sack totals, but he still needs someone on the other side to compliment him.

He may be able to obtain the initial burst off the line once he gets some NFL coaching from Mike Sherman. Smart pick--its kinda like dating the girl that as a good job, average looks, but a killer personality. Bush would have been a "vanity" pick.

Wow. I thought they'd talk about it but never thought they'd do it.

673574[/snapback]

McNair is very conservative in his beliefs and values...this stuff with Bush's stepfather and mother had a lot to do with this I bet....You know the Texans dug into this all week. Kubiak was so set on this guy..something had to change his mind.

Check this Out--Mario Williams is Sam Bowie Thread...