Kiper's Mock Updated Today

Rico

i have a sense that I won't be terribly happy with whoever the Bills pick in the 1st.  And whoever they take,...I will just accept it.

BUT....I so badly want them to land either David Joseph or Nick Mangold in the 2nd.

673198[/snapback]

I'd love to get Davin Joseph in the second but boy, we need to get lucky for that to happen. I have a feeling he might go late in the first round.

Exception to the rule my friend. What other DT's have they produced from that system?

673284[/snapback]

Recently Travis Johnson last year who as a rookie 26 tackles and 1.0 sack and Darnell Dockett in 2004 who's put up 72 tackles and 4.0 sacks in two seasons.

I think you're probably thinking of the busts at DE that FSU has produced.

I'd give Bunkley a chance, but something just doesn't seem right with him. He's an undersized DT who only had one above average year in college. Those type of players are usually boom or bust, and most of the time they are a bust. I would have selected Huff in this scenerio, but if we go DT, i'd rather have Ngata. I think he will be a solid DT for years.

673262[/snapback]

can you say performance enhancing drugs? :lol:

Interesting, so Kiper has Detroit taking a safety with their first pick, he concedes that they have a need there but yet it's "inconceivable" to think that, with Huff not available, Detroit may have picked Whitner and so the Bills taking him there is a "stretch..."

These draft guys are so hung up on their overall rankings that they lose track of how teams will fit their needs...

You say that "well, he had McCargo lasting until 62" but he also had Youboty disappearing before our 2nd round pick. Maybe we should have traded up to pick him instead.... ;)

Interesting, so Kiper has Detroit taking a safety with their first pick, he concedes that they have a need there but yet it's "inconceivable" to think that, with Huff not available, Detroit may have picked Whitner and so the Bills taking him there is a "stretch..."

These draft guys are so hung up on their overall rankings that they lose track of how teams will fit their needs...

You say that "well, he had McCargo lasting until 62" but he also had Youboty disappearing before our 2nd round pick.  Maybe we should have traded up to pick him instead....  ;)

679437[/snapback]

To be fair to Mel, he did say that if the Bills took Youboty 1st and McCargo 2nd - there would be no complaints. (much like the Kelsay/McGahee debate a few years ago).