OT - hotel recommendations

DCgirl

My husband and I are coming to Buffalo to watch the Browns/Bills preseason game (he's a Browns fan). It also happens to be his birthday. Does anyone have recommendations for hotels near Orchard Park which are nice and moderately priced? (i.e. under $100)

Thanks!

Holiday Inn on Camp Road in Hamburg...4 miles from RWS.

Hampton Inn on Ridge Road...I think it's West Seneca but I could be wrong...5 miles from RWS.

The Holiday Inn is decent...nothing fancy, but I stay there every year. I've never stayed at this particular Hampton but I've never stayed in a bad Hampton anywhere.

Avoid Days Inn (Hamburg) and EconoLodge (Blasdell) at all possible cost. JMO

Holiday Inn on Camp Road in Hamburg...4 miles from RWS. 

Hampton Inn on Ridge Road...I think it's West Seneca but I could be wrong...5 miles from RWS.

The Holiday Inn is decent...nothing fancy, but I stay there every year.  I've never stayed at this particular Hampton but I've never stayed in a bad Hampton anywhere.

Avoid Days Inn (Hamburg) and EconoLodge (Blasdell) at all possible cost.  JMO

673217[/snapback]

What Ann said, is what I'd say too. We did the Days Inn once for the TBD Home Opener Tailgate and decided never again.

Guest BackInDaDay
My husband and I are coming to Buffalo to watch the Browns/Bills preseason game (he's a Browns fan).  It also happens to be his birthday.  Does anyone have recommendations for hotels near Orchard Park which are nice and moderately priced?  (i.e. under $100)

Thanks!

673099[/snapback]

Most of TSW sleeps in their cars 24/7/365. You can't handle a couple nights? :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions!

673317[/snapback]

Keep away from the Motel 6 at the near corner of Sheridan and Niagara. Hopefully, they no longer can display the franchise name. Trash rooms, management - they had several long-term "residents"...batty folks.

Their usual stock 'n trade over the road truck drivers with bobtail rigs that bed the local trade picked up elsewhere

6-year old info...

My husband and I are coming to Buffalo to watch the Browns/Bills preseason game (he's a Browns fan).  It also happens to be his birthday.  Does anyone have recommendations for hotels near Orchard Park which are nice and moderately priced?  (i.e. under $100)

Thanks!

673099[/snapback]

His birthday. You're married. Ummmmm, why aren't you going to Niagara Falls, Canada? All of the hotels are cheap over there. Bargains are a plenty. Stop by the stadium, spend money, eat in Buffalo, stay in Canada. Much nicer hotels, and better prices, IMO.

Thanks!

673099[/snapback]

August will be season for NF. Check out the rates in NF/Canada though. After that, check out Amherst. There are some nice hotels there and school (UB) won't have started yet, so you should be able to get some good rates there. It's centrally located and about 10-15 from the airport.

Thanks!

673099[/snapback]

Even though, I come from Australia I can tell you that NFis nowhere near OP. I have stayed at the Holiday in...heck, I'd sleep out on Hamered-a-lot's front lawn with the cost of fuel...provided "Buddy" doesn't attack me.