Is it safe to say that the Bills will use all

This would seem to make the most sense. We have a pretty good nucleus on defense but there is some age/injury at certain positions. This is the first aspect to win ball games and we do need some more O-Linemen who could help contribute to us controlling the clock more on offense. Our QBs should be adequate enough and we have more than suitable skilled position players with the WRs and our RB. We may need another RB who could more than just give MaGahee a rest but I do believe that this could be a 2nd day pick. This could hold true for the TE position as well. I'd be more than a little surprised if we deviate from this type of selection come Saturday.

This would seem to make the most sense. We have a pretty good nucleus on defense but there is some age/injury at certain positions. This is the first aspect to win ball games and we do need some more O-Linemen who could help contribute to us controlling the clock more on offense. Our QBs should be adequate enough and we have more than suitable skilled position players with the WRs and our RB. We may need another RB who could more than just give MaGahee a rest but I do believe that this could be a 2nd day pick. This could hold true for the TE position as well. I'd be more than a little surprised if we deviate from this type of selection come Saturday.

672545[/snapback]

Odds are good that they won't take a skill position player on offense, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. I don't think they'll take a QB or RB. WR? Yeah, we may have a dozen of them on the roster, but Lee Evans may be the only one that can play. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see them draft a WR in R2 or 3 if they aren't sold on the retreads they've got battling for the #2 job. The TE position looks pretty damn weak, too. Everett and Euhus are the recieving threats at this position and neither can stay on the field. Both appear to be behind Brad Cieslak on the depth chart. Robert Royal was signed as a blocking TE.

In the end, it wouldn't suprise me at all to see them draft either a WR or TE on Saturday. Lee Evans is the only thing they have resembling a proven, reliable recieving threat on the roster and even he isn't a sure thing.

I respect your opinion Brandon and I appreciate your response but I would be disappointed if we do draft a WR on the first day. As far as a TE, I could understand this in the 3rd rd if the Bills saw a good value but I do think that there would still be a valid TE that we could use in the 4th rd just as easily.

What I do want more than anything would be that we draft players that would contribute and form a strong team unity concept. I believe that this is an important factor for Marv and Jauron and they will have some level of success in assembling these type of players.

This is how I address both lines on day 1 :

Trade with CHI : we get 26 for 42 & 73

Trade with PHI : we get 14 & 45 for 8, 105, 134

At this point we have : 14, 26, 45, 70

@14: Eric Winston, OT

@26: Davin Joseph, OG

@45: John McCargo, DT

@70: Rod Wright, DT

On day 2, you look for hidden gems & sleepers with 143, 178, 216, 248

672545[/snapback]

Well they'd better. Another major need that most on this board overlook is SS! I do NOT want Wire back there. He should stay on teams ONLY!

This is how I address both lines on day 1 :

Trade with CHI : we get 26 for 42 & 73

Trade with PHI : we get 14 & 45 for 8, 105, 134

At this point we have : 14, 26, 45, 70

@14: Eric Winston, OT

@26: Davin Joseph, OG

@45: John McCargo, DT

@70: Rod Wright, DT

On day 2, you look for hidden gems & sleepers with 143, 178, 216, 248

672563[/snapback]

Personally I like Wroten at 43.

672545[/snapback]

I don't disagree but I would add one consideration: Marv loves CB's and the best one we have on the roster might be a hold out and is out of here next year. I think that means we may very well take a CB with one of our first day picks. It wouldn't even shock me if we went with Huff instead of Bunkley or Haloti.

I'm not sure that its safe to say they will, but that should be the strategy. That being said there is always that surprise safety available in the second or the tight end who surprisingly gets to the third. I understand that there might be some deviation, but I really think this is all about the trenches this weekend.

It would be a mistake to waste our first 4 picks on nothing but OL and DL. There are other holes that need to be filled on this team. Our secondary needs help too. We are down a starting Strong Safety and our corners are nothing to be feared right now. A defensive back sometime on Day one is needed. Danieal Manning from Abilene Christian in the 3rd would be a solid pickup for us at safety.

To tell the truth, I would be a little upset if we used more than 2 of our first day picks on lineman, unless all our picks are going to start right from the beginning and I dont see that happening.

NO

Bills should take the best differnce maker at each slot in the draft.

To pass on playmakers for a lesser player at a position of perceived need results in a team of inferior players.

If a top CB or LB is available, they should be strongly considered.

Speed will be a strong factor for all players drafted.

It would be a mistake to waste our first 4 picks on nothing but OL and DL.  There are other holes that need to be filled on this team.  Our secondary needs help too.  We are down a starting Strong Safety and our corners are nothing to be feared right now.  A defensive back sometime on Day one is needed.  Danieal Manning from Abilene Christian in the 3rd would be a solid pickup for us at safety.

To tell the truth, I would be a little upset if we used more than 2 of our first day picks on lineman, unless all our picks are going to start right from the beginning and I dont see that happening.

672772[/snapback]

Article about Manning:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0340/1067/SPT02

Nice read on Manning there.  The kid is a hard worker and that is what will bring him success in the NFL.

672862[/snapback]

Heart matters. A couple of years ago, the B'gals signed a guy that was teaching or selling insurance or some such. Kevin Kaesviharn. CB/S/ST player; got pressed into starting service several times. Top player? No. But competent and useful - you bet.

The bench is what it is - but having players that are halfway decent and give what they have - can fill in without looking totally lost - sure they get beat from time to time - really adds to a team.

There had been a lot of ba-de-ba about Levy's FA acquisitions. I think he's trying to build a decent bench...