Conversation with a Cryer fan...

Was out at a bar with a buddy watching game 3 last night, when JP Dumont went down. This Flyer fan (herefore to be known as idiot) across the bar started talking sh--. This is how the conversation went between a very drunk me and this idiot:

Idiot: "If this was Buffalo and that was a flyer, they'd be cheering!"

Me: "Oh, come on...don't believe everything Jim Jackson says! And besides, you're from a town that booed Michael Irvin when he was hauled off on a stretcher!"

Idiot: "You're not comparing UMBERGER to IRVIN are you?"

Me; "Hell yeah, I am, he's a FLYER! They're the Cowboys of the NHL!"

*Idiot's face turns red, and he's furious*

Idiot: "You're in the wrong place, buddy."

Me: "Thanks for the help in finding where I am, I mean, what would I do without you?"

*At this, the Idiot's wife/girlfriend laughed and he stormed off to the pisser*

I FUKKEN HATE FLYER FANS...

:D

As their fans at the arena proceeded to boo Dumont off the ice...

I wasn't upset about that, because I didn't expect them to do anything else. When it comes to Philly, you're shocked when they show class, not when they act like bloodthirsty primitives.

What was up with the PA announcer trying to instruct the fans to make sure "we applaud him when he gets up"

671642[/snapback]

Yeah I heard that. Probably only makes things worse...You're at the game, you are into the sauce a little bit, you're Philly trash, of course you're not going to do what the PA announcer tells you to do.

Next time ask him how many goals make a hat trick.  Last night it was 2 and an assist.

671651[/snapback]

By the way, even if Forsberg DID score at the end of the game, would that not have been the cheesiest hat trick ever???

Goal 1: Forsberg skates down the left side, Campbell stick checks the puck away from him right to the front of the net, where it hits McKee's skate and goes in.

Goal 2: Shot by Gagne rebounds behind the net, Forsberg just throws it out front off of Kalinin and Miller and in

Goal 3: Empty netter with 12 seconds left

I understand Forsberg made these plays happen, and luck has a lot to do with a fast game like hockey, but all this 'Forsberg took the game over' crap is rediculous.

Yeah I heard that.  Probably only makes things worse...You're at the game, you are into the sauce a little bit, you're Philly trash, of course you're not going to do what the PA announcer tells you to do.

671648[/snapback]

Makes you wonder if the PA guy got exactly the response he was looking for. Pure class from top to bottom in that organization. :D

the same flyer fan was at BW3's last night as he was for game 2. in game 2 he didnt say a peep to anyone and left with the sabres up 6-1. Yesterday he was runnin his mouth the entire 3rd period...until the sabres scored to make it 3-2, then he shut up until the empty netter.

Best conversation bits from him:

cryers fan:woohoo, !@#$ you sabres fans, 4-2 philly!

me: what about 8-2 the other night?

cryers fan: what about 4-2 tonite?

me: we're still up 2-1 in the series dipshit

cryers fan: who the !@#$ cares, who won tonite? 4-2 baby!

then he says to the unassuming devils fan watching their game and talking us the whole night...

cryers fan: !@#$ you and !@#$ the devils, they !@#$in suck, we're gonna kick their ass

gotta love philly fans

Philly threw the best they had at us..result..weak SH goal..our D-man putting the puck off of our other D into the net...Petr Groinsberg throwing a pass out front, bouncing off of our D and Goalie into the net...an EN goal....this game could have went either way VERY easy...I am not worried, they may have another junk win like this in them, but I am confident we win this in 5 or 6

the same flyer fan was at BW3's last night as he was for game 2. in game 2 he didnt say a peep to anyone and left with the sabres up 6-1. Yesterday he was runnin his mouth the entire 3rd period...until the sabres scored to make it 3-2, then he shut up until the empty netter.

then he says to the unassuming devils fan watching their game and talking us the whole night...

cryers fan: !@#$ you and !@#$ the devils, they !@#$in suck, we're gonna kick their ass

gotta love philly fans

671665[/snapback]

Those Philly priests really love their Flyers.

Some "sports fans" are just morons wherever you go. I was watching a Terp-Yellow Jacket football game in a Baltimore bar once, and got jumped from behind for saying nothing more than I thought the YJ's were a pretty good team. (Conversation was with the bartender, the idiot wasn't even involved in it).

By the way, even if Forsberg DID score at the end of the game, would that not have been the cheesiest hat trick ever???

Goal 1: Forsberg skates down the left side, Campbell stick checks the puck away from him right to the front of the net, where it hits McKee's skate and goes in.

Goal 2: Shot by Gagne rebounds behind the net, Forsberg just throws it out front off of Kalinin and Miller and in

Goal 3: Empty netter with 12 seconds left

I understand Forsberg made these plays happen, and luck has a lot to do with a fast game like hockey, but all this 'Forsberg took the game over' crap is rediculous.

671655[/snapback]

[sarcasm]Are you kidding, Peter (we're not worthy) Forsberg KNEW his team needed a momentum shifter in the 1st and that is why he leapt 14 inches in the air to hit the shorter Briere. He KNEW his team would get a much needed shorthanded opportunity because they were due to get an odd man rush having gone 7-1/2 periods without one. He KNEW that Brian Savage would have a wrister from the blue line beat Ryan Miller short side (the same Ryan Miller that had a 1.63 gaa heading into this game).

If you think he did NOT take over the game by taking that much needed, well timed penalty, then you simply don't understand the game of hockey. The other items you highlight merely cement his dominance of the game, as he knew that "fluke" goals would be much harder for the Sabres to overcome than mere outwork and outmuscle goals would have been.[/sarcasm] :D

gotta love philly fans

671665[/snapback]

Let me guess: nuclear physicist? B-)