My fantasy trade...

stevestojan

Ok, So i wasnt doing well in my fantasy league. 1-2 after 3 weeks.

The only reason i won last week was due to Peyton absolutly BLOWING up. But, my RBs were crap.

I had Travis Henry, Antowain Smith, Travis Minor, and Quentin Griffin.

Now, Griffin is good, but i needed someone else, and BAD

I know, i know, I should have gone RB in the first round...

Anyway, I made this trant:

Bryan Westbrook and Matt Hasselbeck for Manning and Travis Henry.

I know, I gave up my big gun, but really, unless Manning blew up for 5 TDs a game, i was probably not going to win again.

So, Flame away.

dude... you should've given up Griffen instead of Henry.  Griffen is having a problem holding onto the football and as a result Tatum Bell and Hearst are seeing more touches, which, of course, means less touches for Griffen.

49716[/snapback]

I just don't see justifying keeping henry... first off, we just do not score. And then if we do, it could be a pass. And if its not, it could be a McGahee run... too many "ifs" for henry to score me a TD even every 3rd game.

but i do see your point.

You panicked too early.

I think Henry and Manning will BOTH have better years than Hasselbeck and Westbrook. Not a horrible move, but I think you lost on this trade--especially on the running back part.

Henry had 1300 yards and 10 TD's last year on a broken leg with Gilbride as OC-- I think he'll easily surpass those numbers this year with MM as head coach. Meanwhile, Westbrook is getting about 12-15 carries a game (in an offense where TO catches 3 TD's a game)-- those are not numbers you're looking for in a stud RB.

As for your QB's, QB's are a dime a dozen in fantasy-- Manning will have 30 TD's, but Hasselbeck will probably have 25. Not as big a loss there.

I fail to see how Westbrook is any significant upgrade from Henry. Even though the Eagles clearly have a better offense, they don't line up with 2 TEs and run Westbrook, even at the goalline. At least with Henry, you know he's going to get 20+ carries every week, and I gotta believe at some point the offense will improve.

Additionally, Henry already had a BYE (but not the Eagles), so there's another week you'll be with only 1 RB.

While I like Hasselbeck, to give up Manning for an exchange of Westbrook for Henry is piss poor IMO.

dude... you should've given up Griffen instead of Henry.  Griffen is having a problem holding onto the football and as a result Tatum Bell and Hearst are seeing more touches, which, of course, means less touches for Griffen.

49716[/snapback]

And yet, after week 1, I thought he was "the next Barry Sanders" and all that other crap people were saying after his big game.

NEWSFLASH: It was only ONE GAME, people!! Barry did it for just a bit longer than that.

sorry dude, you got ripped.

49807[/snapback]

I know the obvious of getting rid of Manning was big. BUuuut i needed to make a move. I was 1-2, and the win was only because of Mannings historical first half this past week. Without that, I would be 0-3, and thats due to lack of RBs. And i tried to get Priest or Ladanian, but my whole team would have needed to be traded.

I was trying to go for averages. I know Hasselbeck will probably average about 4.5 or 5 points less than manning a week. But, I think Westbrook, with his ability to catch the ball, will make up for it (we get one point per catch).

I will side with you (only a little though). Westbrook is a huge upgrade in fantasy over Henry. You are right to point out that Henry is not scoring and our offense is struggling. Westbrook, on the otherhand, is in one of the top offenses and he will score. Plus he racks upn receiving yards, which is a bonus if you get points for receptions.

Hasselbeck is one of the top 5 QB's so you did not lose too much there.

BUT, and this is a huge "BUT," your draft was so pathetically awful that you are screwed anyway. :D:huh: