Bills have more needs than quality draft picks

Mark VI

Adams can still play, he is just an enigma. The Bills played a ridiculous strategic defense last year and the coaches and players were simply not on the same page at almost every position on offense and defense.

Adams also didnt cost a lot, and they still have ten million to spend, so to say it made sense financially is simply ridiculous. He also said he wanted to stay in Buffalo. Furthermore, a four man rotation Of Triplett, Adams, Anderson and say one of the following (Ngata, Bunkley, McCargo, Wroten, or whomever they take on day one) suddenly makes the DT position a huge strength not a potential weakness.

668387[/snapback]

The D Jauron wants to run has all 11 guys running to the ball. Adams gives up on every play when the ball gets more then 10 feet away. It would be tough for the coaches to preach a swarming Defense, when the tape shows Adams standing still while the RB heads for the corner(watch the S-night game vs. NE, that play is what got him benched IMO).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The D Jauron wants to run has all 11 guys running to the ball. Adams gives up on every play when the ball gets more then 10 feet away. It would be tough for the coaches to preach a swarming Defense, when the tape shows Adams standing still while the RB heads for the corner(watch the S-night game vs. NE, that play is what got him benched IMO).

668432[/snapback]

He also anticipates the snap and shoots the gap probably better than any DT in the game.

668432[/snapback]

Exactly, it's called stopping the run with numbers and it's not as easy as it sounds. I believe a safe rule to follow is you don't come into a new coaching job and impose schemes that don't fit your personnel. I wish him luck, but if Jauron had just brought in Ted Washington and teamed him with Adams he'd at least have a fighting chance at having a good defense this year.

668432[/snapback]

No doubt Jauron would've kept him if he had any use for him.. but 2004 is long gone. :)

He also anticipates the snap and shoots the gap probably better than any DT in the game.

668441[/snapback]

Yes, he does. Can't begin to count the number of times I thought he was offsides, but when I'd rerun the tape he'd be legal by thismuch...

This decision was very much like the one Donahoe made with Ted Washington.  Washington was old and washed up and overpaid and easily replaceable.  And he obviously didn't want to be in Buffalo because he wouldn't renegotiate his contract.......that's what the fans said anyway.  But that's not really the point of my response to Mark, the point is Marv HAS made decisions.  Decisions that have weakened the roster to the point that we now accept that this team will not be able to turn it around next season.  That's significant when you consider the prevailing sentiment, that the team underachieved last year and should have been a playoff contender.

668426[/snapback]

fair enough. i'm actually not sold on the fact that the bills will be terrible next year -- let's wait and see how the draft goes -- and i also suspect that wilson, who apparently made the calls on both bledsoe's cut and the decision to bench the pretty much excrable losman (at that particular point), will give more leeway to marv/jauron. we'll see. i'll still be pulling for them and enjoying football season if they go 6-10.

To me the release of Adams and Milloy represent the Bills know that they aren't playing for one year. As do the free agent signings as almost all were guys who are heading into their primes and who prior to arriving here were career backups but in signing here have a chance to prove to themselves and the rest of the league they are more than that. It was a low risk (since Levy didn't break the bank to sign any of them) high reward situation. While I don't expect the 2006 Bills to make the playoffs I think they could improve from the 2005 to an 8-8 team and could be a playoff contender in 2007. As the Patriots aren't getting any younger, the Dolphins seem to be looking for short term success as they have a core group of players seemingly on the wrong side of 30 and the Jets are in the same boat as the Bills but really haven't done as much this off season.

668430[/snapback]

Regardless of who they draft, if Jauron can get 8 wins out of THIS team it will be near miraculous. Every team, even the Texans of last year, has some talented players. But these Bills have the numerous holes in the lineup and the suspect coaching that it takes to earn the top pick in the draft. On paper, this is a 2-14 team.

Break it down for me.  Last I checked Adams was a pro bowl alternate and Jauron managed to inspire www.firedickjauron.com.

:)  ;)  B-)

668468[/snapback]

The Pro Bowl deal was a sympathy vote to off-set Fat Sam's total and utter humiliation from being benched for poor performance & watching the Sapester & Jefferson play in his place. ...How embarassing! :(

Yes, he does. Can't begin to count the number of times I thought he was offsides, but when I'd rerun the tape he'd be legal by thismuch...

668461[/snapback]

the number is in the single digits.

He has talent, but he is a fat and lazy and only shows up when he feels like it.

The Pro Bowl deal was a sympathy vote to off-set Fat Sam's total and utter humiliation from being benched for poor performance & watching the Sapester & Jefferson play in his place. ...How embarassing! :)

668478[/snapback]

Sympathy vote? Somehow I can't see either the players or writers giving anyone a "sympathy vote". Heck -- if anything, I'd say the average bitter hacksportswriter is a LOT more cynical than most of the folks here...

Sympathy vote? Somehow I can't see either the players or writers giving anyone a "sympathy vote". Heck -- if anything, I'd say the average bitter hacksportswriter is a LOT more cynical than most of the folks here...

668486[/snapback]

Oh, it's happened before... see Drew Bledsoe in 2002. ;):)

I actually don't think there are as many holes as most around here.  Their record was worse than their talent.  That team quit last season.

668360[/snapback]

I agree. :)

I think it is safer emotionally for most to assume the worst so that if we fail they can say "told you so" rather than crying. ;)

Oh, it's happened before... see Drew Bledsoe in 2002. ;)  :)

668488[/snapback]

You don't really want me to pull out the '03 media guide and list all the team passing records he broke that season, do you? In general, 4000-yard seasons normally do buy a ticket to Hawaii...

You don't really want me to pull out the '03 media guide and list all the team passing records he broke that season, do you? In general, 4000-yard seasons normally do buy a ticket to Hawaii...

668509[/snapback]

:)

Feel free if you want to, Drew's stats are always good for a cheap laugh. ;)