Bills have more needs than quality draft picks

Mark VI

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the games on tape from last year?  If not, has it occurred to you that you might be wrong?  I've have yet to hear one specific play where somebody felt he was dogging it or that he looked worn out.

668603[/snapback]

what i saw from him last year (and i watched the games) was a one-trick pony show - relying on his quickness to shoot the gap pretty much every play despite the fact that he had no help beside him to clog the middle effectively. it works fine when he has a pat williams or tony siragusa next to him, but not so well when he doesn't. there's a reason that he wears out his welcome pretty much wherever he goes -- seattle, baltimore, oakland, and now buffalo. anyway, as a gap shooter last year, he wasn't very productive in terms of tackles and pressure.

what i saw from him last year (and i watched the games) was a one-trick pony show - relying on his quickness to shoot the gap pretty much every play despite the fact that he had no help beside him to clog the middle effectively. it works fine when he has a pat williams or tony siragusa next to him, but not so well when he doesn't. there's a reason that he wears out his welcome pretty much wherever he goes -- seattle, baltimore, oakland, and now buffalo.  anyway, as a gap shooter last year, he wasn't very productive in terms of tackles and pressure.

668763[/snapback]

The defense, when TKO went down, and Milloy and Vincent were hurt and couldn't tackle, combined with Edwards completely sucking as well as anyone that replaced him until Anderson came on in the second half of the season was a cluster!@#$. It had no strategy, identity, cohesion, etc. Adams just got frustrated, IMO, the way Moulds and McGahee and others did and just freelanced. The coaches lost control of the team. I just don't think one can say with any confidence that Adams cannot play at a high level still, especially if he is rotated with three other pretty solid players, which could have happened with Triplett, Anderson and a #1 or #2 pick.