Madden Cover Announced @ 6pm

Most definitly not taking alexander in fantasy football.

Chalk up another one to the "Madden curse," now that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb has elected to have surgery to repair his sports hernia and is expected to miss the rest of the season.

After the video game company announced in June that McNabb would be on the cover, the quarterback told ESPN.com that the cover athletes getting hurt "might be a trend, but I don't believe in the curse at all."

But just look what happened.

McNabb suffered the sports hernia in Week 1. His best wide receiver, Terrell Owens, was suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. And McNabb has had more interceptions (nine) in nine games than he had all of last season (eight).

In his entire seven-year career, he has missed a total of seven games due to injury. He will now miss seven games this season. It will also be the first time in McNabb's career that he will have surgery.

In 2003, cover athlete Michael Vick broke his leg just one day after the game hit the shelves. He played in only five games that season. The year before, St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk -- who had five straight 1,000-yard seasons -- injured his ankle after appearing on the cover. He ran for 953 yards that season and hasn't hit the 1,000-yard mark since. Gracing the cover of the 2002 Madden game meant a below-average year for Minnesota Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper. In the season he appeared on the cover, he threw fewer touchdown passes and had a worse quarterback rating than the season before.

Hey guys I'm stuck in medical malpractice class and can't watch Sportscenter, who got the cover? This class is 2 hours and I get bored.

666520[/snapback]

you cant even read enough of the thread to find out who is on the cover? and you are going to be a lawyer? remind me to never hire you.

Shawn Alexander is the lucky winner!  All we need is Dr. Z calling the Seahawks Super Bowl bound and they'll go 2-14!

666597[/snapback]

Don't forget Peter King naming Matt Hasselbeck MVP and getting on his soapbox on how <insert Seahawks assistant> deserves to be HC

Madden took down eddie george, it led to the demise of marshall faulk. No way i am drafting Shaun Alexander in fantasy football next season.

666510[/snapback]

Agreed. He has now dropped very far in my draft boards. :lol:

Hey guys I'm stuck in medical malpractice class and can't watch Sportscenter, who got the cover? This class is 2 hours and I get bored.

666520[/snapback]

Hey guys I'm stuck up here in orbit on some NASA thingy. I just circled Jupiter for the 3rd time and I'm getting bored as hell, as you can imagine. So, who's on the cover of Madden?

.......what a dikk :lol: