WHO is going to trade up to get the Saints #2 pick

So who wants Mario Williams the most? I'm watching espn right now and it seems NO wants Ferguson and think they can get him a few spots down the line.

So...who do you guys think wants that #2 the most?

663106[/snapback]

I think Saints want Mario more than D'Brick. They just drafted Jammal Brown as #13 overall last year. Sean Payton said Brown would be moved to left tackle. You don't normally draft two top tackles at high first round in two consecutive years, you'll end up with a right tackle earning left-tackle money. Even Saints aren't comfortable on Jon Stinchcomb in right tackle, they may address this issue in later rounds instead of #2 overall.

On the other hand, although G.Grant and W.Smith are also former first rounders, they didn't play to their potentials. Besides, they were drafted several years before Brown and Saints may have done waiting for one of them, possibly Smith.

I can see Saints draft Mario and, if they trade down, it won't be to a team taking Mario.

I think Saints want Mario more than D'Brick. They just drafted Jammal Brown as #13 overall last year. Sean Payton said Brown would be moved to left tackle. You don't normally draft two top tackles at high first round in two consecutive years, you'll end up with a right tackle earning left-tackle money. Even Saints aren't comfortable on Jon Stinchcomb in right tackle, they may address this issue in later rounds instead of #2 overall.

On the other hand, although G.Grant and W.Smith are also former first rounders, they didn't play to their potentials. Besides, they were drafted several years before Brown and Saints may have done waiting for one of them, possibly Smith.

I can see Saints draft Mario and, if they trade down, it won't be to a team taking Mario.

663219[/snapback]

I agree with this, I think the Saints want Mario Williams more then D'Brick. They lost Howard and need a DE and good point about drafting Jammal Brown last year and moving him to LT

663219[/snapback]

I dont agree, Jammal Brown plays RT, and he played RT in college, they lost the whole left side of their line in Gandy, Jacox, and Bentley. Brown has never played LT in his life, they really need lineman bad.... BUT.... i think the most glaring need pick for them is A.J. Hawk. They have no backers already and Watson is on the trading block, i think NO will trade down.... still in the top 5..... and take hawk. Jets will be a trading partner to jump ahead of tennessee to take leinart.

i think the most glaring need pick for them is A.J. Hawk. They have no backers already and Watson is on the trading block, i think NO will trade down.... still in the top 5..... and take hawk.

663320[/snapback]

I agree. I think they will be desperate to drop to #4(or #5) to take Hawk at value...

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down & recieve well under what the 'value chart' says they should get...better than just taking Hawk at #2.

If the Bills aren't sold on Nall as the long-term answer at QB, they could trade Nate + their #1 to NO in order to draft Leinart.

663375[/snapback]

Oooooh, you're asking for it on that one. :angry:

Jets imo will make a push for the number 2 overall to fill the void of Abraham leaving and snag super Mario.

663402[/snapback]

Super Mario will be there at #4.

Saints need Brick and can't drop past the Jets to get him.

no need for the Jets to move up

Super Mario will be there at #4.

Saints need Brick and can't drop past the Jets to get him.

no need for the Jets to move up

663511[/snapback]

The Saints are not an easy team to read. When they traded up last year, the general thought from most (including Saints fans) was that they were going to draft Derrick Johnson and not Jammal Brown. As it turns out, they got a very good OT by doing so, and stopped Carolina from getting him. Of course, they still have a glaring need @ LB, so I wouldn't rule out a trade down from them to go after Hawk or even guys like Greenway or Ryans later on. One thing's for sure: they're sitting pretty w/ that 2nd overall pick.

The Saints are not an easy team to read.  When they traded up last year, the general thought from most (including Saints fans) was that they were going to draft Derrick Johnson and not Jammal Brown.  As it turns out, they got a very good OT by doing so, and stopped Carolina from getting him.  Of course, they still have a glaring need @ LB, so I wouldn't rule out a trade down from them to go after Hawk or even guys like Greenway or Ryans later on.  One thing's for sure:  they're sitting pretty w/ that 2nd overall pick.

663515[/snapback]

What will be funny is when the jets trade up to #2 to select leinhart. The saints will then take Hawk at 4, and the jets could still have had leinhart at 4, because the titans are taking vince at 3.

How do you know this? :angry:

663571[/snapback]

:angry: just a hunch. I'd be really surprised if the titans didnt take vince at 3. Word is that the owner and GM (adams and reese) want young, and fisher and chow want leinhart.

I'm just saying that the owner and GM are likely to win out over the coach and OC.

The jts want a QB, and what better way than to take leinhart? While it would make more sense ot take williams, NYC wants a shiny new toy, and a "face of the franchise"

N.O. would like to take williams, but they have grant and smith. They would like to take d'brick, but they have jammal brown, a high paid tackle and last years first round pick. They move him to LT, and wouldnt want to pay another 1st round contract for another tackle. They love hawk, hes a great player, they wouldnt have to take him at 2, and he fills a need.