Habs - Sabres

meazza

Unless they get 2 on 'em in 30 seconds, that's a record.

662929[/snapback]

we need one friccken point to make the playoffs, and we have a game vs Jersey left.

Gainey is an idiot, 7 shutouts in 34 games, demoted to a backup.

Gainey is an idiot, 7 shutouts in 34 games, demoted to a backup.

662930[/snapback]

I agree, why sit Huet, oh yeah, they had to justify trading Jose for another goalie who just will not get the Habs anywhere fast.

Bad job, GREAT to see Miller bouncing back!!!!

If you are a Sabres fan, this win was great. Not only becuase Ryan Miller is looking very strong again, but just because the Sabres won! If they had lost, it would be no big deal, nobody would see it as an indication that the Sabres were in trouble. Their playoff picture is pretty much set, as far as they are concerned.

But, think about it...they go on the road, against a hot team that is desperate for a point. The Sabres withstood a pretty rough second period onslaught from the Canadians (and the refs!), and still came out on top...whatever Lindy is doing to keep this team going, he is doing a terrific job. I have not seen him mentioned seriously, anywhere, as a "coach of the year" candidate, but he really has done an amazing job.

I won't clame to be a hockey expert (like I am with football! ha-ha!), but I have been wathcing the game for over 30 years. Ruff is one of the very few coaches I recall over the years, that really makes his prescence felt, from behind the bench, during the course of a game...

I will be the first to admit, just about 10 days ago, I was of the mind to let Ryan Miller sit (the rest of the season if necessary) if he didn't wake up. Ruff, not typically known for being easy on young players, just rode the storm out with Miller. Kudos to Lindy! As consistantly as our Bills have been a disappointment over the last 5 years, this years Sabres team has been consistantly tough, and focused. Yeah they had the losing skid in March, but it wasn't for lack of effort. I give credit to Ruff for not over-reacting, like he knows he has a very good hockey team on his hands...

Thought we had 'em there for a while; just couldn't get that third one past Miller.

Thhhphphpht.

662951[/snapback]

Gainey is an idiot, if we don't make the playoffs...

And just a coincidence, have you seen how well Theo is playing

Ah well, those guys will probably be at the St Laurents clubs picking up girls getting wasted while Habs fans lie unhappy and broken.

I have not seen him mentioned seriously, anywhere, as a "coach of the year" candidate, but he really has done an amazing job.

662952[/snapback]

He's mentioned pretty much every time anyone talks about candidates for coach of the year. There are a few others who usually get mentioned (Laviolette, Renney), but in pretty much every other case you can point to one player or a group of players that is brining that team along...there is no way to argue that Lindy isn't a huge part of the Sabres success this year. I think Lindy will probably win it.

I will be the first to admit, just about 10 days ago, I was of the mind to let Ryan Miller sit (the rest of the season if necessary) if he didn't wake up.   Ruff, not typically known for being easy on young players, just rode the storm out with Miller.  , like he knows he has a very good hockey team on his hands...

662952[/snapback]

Told ya...

According the box score, Jay McKee blocked ELEVEN shots. Tony Lydman blocked five and Souray led the Habs with three. We better not lose the guy this offseason.

Not sure how wise it was to not negotiate with him during the season.

It was also nice to hear that eighty five percent of next season's tickets will remain at the same price or DROP. That's pretty cool.

Told ya...

According the box score, Jay McKee blocked ELEVEN shots.  Tony Lydman blocked five and Souray led the Habs with three.  We better not lose the guy this offseason.

It was also nice to hear that eighty five percent of next season's tickets will remain at the same price or DROP.  That's pretty cool.

663001[/snapback]

Strong game tonight by Max... Anyone else notice his back checking? He was seriously all over the place. The kid is bringing it all together at the perfect time.

And today Toronto. Who's gonna be the one to accidently throw an elbow at Tucker's head?

We better not lose the guy this offseason.

663001[/snapback]

I hope you like him in blue and white!

Who's gonna be the one to accidently throw an elbow at Tucker's head?

663010[/snapback]

My guess is Marty if anyone.

It was also nice to hear that eighty five percent of next season's tickets will remain at the same price or DROP.  That's pretty cool.

663001[/snapback]

they are already pretty low as it is. with the fact that attendace is up from before the lockout in buffalo, as well as a likely rise in the salary cap, i'm surprised they do not raise the prices.

And today Toronto.  Who's gonna be the one to accidently throw an elbow at Tucker's head?

663010[/snapback]

I guess "the rat too!" took a cheap shot on Alfredson, during the Ottawa game last night...the guy has seriously become the second coming of Ken Linsmen...I am a big advocate of hate in sports...I hope somebody drills Tucker this afternoon...he has it coming... :huh: