What is it about ILLEGAL aliens

I have sat back for the past few weeks now and watched as the insanity has unfolded with all of this immigration nonsense. There are still so many things that I do not understand.

for example;

why is it so hard for people to understand that it is not imigration that is the problem, it is the ILLEGAL part of the imigration that is the problem? It would be no different if the canadians were flowing over the boarder to our north. First and foremost this has to be stopped, then we can have meaningful disscussion and debate about what to do with those illegal aliens that are already here.

Thats why I would like to see the congress settle the boarder security issue first when they return and stop the bleeding. Once this is done, then at least we can get our hands around the problem. If the illegals continue to invade our country the problem will become so huge there will be no way to resolve it.

I say build the wall from east to west along the entire boarder to our south. Then the electronic servelence will serve as an excellent backup system to that. The elctronic system alone is a joke, and will never be truely effective. Physical security is the only method.

After the wall is complete then the plan that was almost agreed on last week could have a chance to work. The 10 year, 5 year, 2 year plan. Without physical security of our boarders that plan will serve nothing. In addition there should be STRICT new laws made and enforced for those companies who employ ILLEGALS from any country. American citizens deserve to be protected from all enimies, and these ILLEGAL aliens serve as an enemy the way that they are invading our country.

Politically, both sides are going to get hurt on this issue. The dems are making fools of themselves by comparing this to the cival rights movement. I have heard many black leaders claim that this is a slap in thier face to make any such comparison.

the republicans will get hurt because they will be letting thier base down if they do not address the physical security issue first. Period.

With the weak kneed people that we have in washington on both sides of the isle, I see a real train wreck coming.

All the while, we continue to have ILLEGAL aliens protesting in our streets holding thier mexican flags and shouting how they are being mistreated and disrespected. Umm, the last time I looked, they came into our country during the dark of night and are staying here illegally. The fact that they were not rounded up and deported should be victory enough for them.

Just so I make myself perfectly clear, I FULLY support LEGAL immigration. My familiy got here that way 3 generations ago with little or no money and we have done just fine.

All the while, we continue to have ILLEGAL aliens protesting in our streets holding thier mexican flags and shouting how they are being mistreated and disrespected. Umm, the last time I looked, they came into our country during the dark of night and are staying here illegally. The fact that they were not rounded up and deported should be victory enough for them.

659433[/snapback]

How come Republicans who support the House bill didn't call for Bush to have the INS at all of these rallies and check for illegal aliens?

I say build the wall from east to west along the entire boarder to our south. Then the electronic servelence will serve as an excellent backup system to that. The elctronic system alone is a joke, and will never be truely effective. Physical security is the only method.

659433[/snapback]

Lots of cheap labor labor near the border too!

Lou Dobbs (of all people) is killing the media over how they're portraying this.

Link

This country's major daily newspapers, however, may have misled some of their readers today in their coverage of those demonstrations and rallies. Their headlines failed to tell the truth about what the rallies are all about: Rallies in favor of illegal immigration, and amnesty for illegal aliens. The New York Times, for example, headlined today: 'Immigrants Rally in Scores of Cities for Legal Status.' The Washington Post calls yesterday's marches 'Immigration Rights Rallies' and called yesterday's D.C. march 'A Banner Day on the Mall.' USA Today's headline reads, 'Historic rallies voice a “dream:” Immigrants, backers demand citizenship.' The Wall Street Journal headline reading, 'Immigration-Policy Protests Draw Huge Crowds of Workers' [Dobbs paused and then emphasized “workers.”]

“One newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, however, was somewhat more straightforward. It made this astute comment in an editorial today saying, quote [text on screen]: 'Organizers wanted the marches to be more about people and less about policy. Most television stations swallowed the bait and delivered news reports soft enough to follow Sesame Street on PBS. The reason for such an attest is obvious. If marchers made the demands the centerpiece for protests, the outcry from American taxpayers already fed up with immigration would overwhelm the previously full mailboxes of every member of Congress.'”

The local news coverage of a march here in Austin yesterday was pathetic. Their guy/gal on the street might as well have been marching too. They talked about the march like it was the single most amazing accomplishment in the history of earth ("So many people - young, old, different races and backgrounds - coming together...for a dream.").

The absolute worst was that the march was downtown around 5pm, which means it screwed up Austin's already-horrible traffic problems at rush hour. When the reporter touched on this, he added "But one Austinite didn't mind one bit" and they cut to some dumbass sitting in his car who said "I think it's great. What a great country." I'm sure they were unable to find anyone who was pissed off at not being able to get home on a Monday because of the protestors.

The opinion page of UT's school paper has been demanding that college students protest and "speak out" for weeks now but has yet to offer any actual ideas for fixing the illegal immigration problem (aside from a few vague calls to "stand up for human rights" that barely mean anything).

What would be amazing is if the news reports could shut up about all the people and how great it is for a minute or two and actually mention how policy could or should be changing. I know, I know, seeing people walk and wave flags and bring their kids along is hypnotic, but that probably won't fix the fact that there are 12 million people here illegally that we aren't sure what to do with.

Lou Dobbs (of all people) is killing the media over how they're portraying this.

Link

The local news coverage of a march here in Austin yesterday was pathetic.  Their guy/gal on the street might as well have been marching too.  They talked about the march like it was the single most amazing accomplishment in the history of earth ("So many people - young, old, different races and backgrounds - coming together...for a dream.").

The absolute worst was that the march was downtown around 5pm, which means it screwed up Austin's already-horrible traffic problems at rush hour.  When the reporter touched on this, he added "But one Austinite didn't mind one bit" and they cut to some dumbass sitting in his car who said "I think it's great.  What a great country."  I'm sure they were unable to find anyone who was pissed off at not being able to get home on a Monday because of the protestors.

The opinion page of UT's school paper has been demanding that college students protest and "speak out" for weeks now but has yet to offer any actual ideas for fixing the illegal immigration problem (aside from a few vague calls to "stand up for human rights" that barely mean anything).

What would be amazing is if the news reports could shut up about all the people and how great it is for a minute or two and actually mention how policy could or should be changing.  I know, I know, seeing people walk and wave flags and bring their kids along is hypnotic, but that probably won't fix the fact that there are 12 million people here illegally that we aren't sure what to do with.

659544[/snapback]

I'm still not clear exactly what the demonstrations were about. And you want the media to report on policy? :P

Forgive me if I don't feel moved by a throng of illegal immigrants demanding that they be allowed to break the law. The purpose of marches is to show political power behind some cause. Which, I guess is an improvement from Medieval times, when such marches included swords, bow and arrow, d--k-in-mouth atrocity, etc.

And to the congresscritters voting on this, it might behoove them to remember that illegal immigrants don't (well.... in theory) have a vote in how our country is run. What exactly is their political power?

The 'social contract' lawmakers operate under should apply to citizens, rather than giving away jobs and transfer payments to people who don't belong here.

I'm still not clear exactly what the demonstrations were about.  And you want the media to report on policy:P

659554[/snapback]

Wasn't it obvious? The demonstrations were about....dreams....families.....marching peacefully......um.....dreams.....people....stuff.....

Look, that one guy in his car stuck in traffic thought it was amazing, OK?

Wasn't it obvious?  The demonstrations were about....dreams....families.....marching peacefully......um.....dreams.....people....stuff.....

Look, that one guy in his car stuck in traffic thought it was amazing, OK?

659607[/snapback]

Dreams? Like my dream that a drunk-off-his-ass uninsured "no habla inglis" illegal alien who hits my brand new parked car twice actually gets punished for it, instead of being let go because charging his ass is "racist"? That's my dream...

I guarantee you, too...if I were in his place, as a legal tax-paying citizen, I'd be behind bars getting ass-raped by Bubba Joe right this minute. Ain't America grand? :P

Dreams?  Like my dream that a drunk-off-his-ass uninsured "no habla inglis" illegal alien who hits my brand new parked car twice actually gets punished for it, instead of being let go because charging his ass is "racist"?  That's my dream...

I guarantee you, too...if I were in his place, as a legal tax-paying citizen, I'd be behind bars getting ass-raped by Bubba Joe right this minute.  Ain't America grand?  :D

659609[/snapback]

I swear, if I ever somehow get busted and hauled to court, my defense would be "if they can do it (break the law), so can I".

I wonder if that would work.

Forgive me if I don't feel moved by a throng of illegal immigrants demanding that they be allowed to break the law. The purpose of marches is to show political power behind some cause. Which, I guess is an improvement from Medieval times, when such marches included swords, bow and arrow, d--k-in-mouth atrocity, etc.

And to the congresscritters voting on this, it might behoove them to remember that illegal immigrants don't (well.... in theory) have a vote in how our country is run. What exactly is their political power?

The 'social contract' lawmakers operate under should apply to citizens, rather than giving away jobs and transfer payments to people who don't belong here.

659563[/snapback]

I suspect that there is so much hemming and hawing due to the fact that most Washington zeros are afraid of losing funding from the businesses benefiting from illegal slave labor...

All I can say is the size of these demonstrations, demonstrates (pun intended) the scope of the problem. That there are larger groups demanding equal rights to illegals than protested civil rights and the Vietnam war points out how large the problem really is.

Twelve million? I wouldn't be suprised there are that many in the southwest alone. I'm sitting back watching them cut their own throats with all this. Wait for it.

I have sat back for the past few weeks now and watched as the insanity has unfolded with all of this immigration nonsense. There are still so many things that I do not understand.

for example;

It would be no different if the canadians were flowing over the boarder to our north. First and foremost this has to be stopped, then we can have meaningful disscussion and debate about what to do with those illegal aliens that are already here.

Just so I make myself perfectly clear, I FULLY support LEGAL immigration. My familiy got here that way 3 generations ago with little or no money and we have done just fine.

659433[/snapback]

I understand the feeling but I don't think you can solve it by building the fence and trying to stop the flow and then have a discussion on how to deal with it afterwards. Politically it is untenable for both sides to do it that way. It is going to have both issues dealt with simultaneously and have all sides agree.

The jail and send them back punishment idea for illegals won't work because the hispanic community will never agree to it and at this point they have too much political clout, along with their business alies. The $fine and educational requirements along with some additionaly community service tasks may work, while the fence is being built. It is the only option that I see having a chance.

The only other question, since we seem to get into everyone elses business outside our country, is there anything we can do about the corrupt Mexican Government as it directly relates to this issue?

I suspect that there is so much hemming and hawing due to the fact that most Washington zeros are afraid of losing funding from the businesses benefiting from illegal slave labor...

660450[/snapback]

Thats how I see it, a cheap labor gift to business....Gas prices going way up, housing way up, insurance forget about it, and wages going down...What the hell is goin on.....

Thats how I see it, a cheap labor gift to business....Gas prices going way up, housing way up, insurance forget about it, and wages going down...What the hell is goin on.....

660762[/snapback]

Adjustment to the service-industry (what is it, 85% now?) that the U.S. has become. When a country doesn't make tangible products, expect this to happen b/c competition for said services rises. Our main export is ideas, magazine articles and movies.... and no-talent American Idol contestants who are "pursuing their dreams" rather than doing something productive. It is a plasticized circle-jerk.

We left a balanced economy behind a while ago.

It's a mitigating factor, I think, that these people cross the border to work, usually in hard, physical jobs. How can you entirely blame someone for wanting to improve their lot in life? Note: I'm not saying this excuses breaking the law, nor am I saying I want illegals here to take our jobs. The legislation was written with this in mind, but the issue is how 'compassionate' should we be? I lean toward "Not very."

But it's a problem with a lot of causes, some of it the immigration itself leaving fewer people in Mexico and other countries. Their governments are not doing enough and don't have effective solutions, i.e. take all the land from the rich people and give it to the poor people. :P Try providing quality education. Grow food. Build roads. Produce fresh water. Build homes. But it's a problem of, 'Everything is f--ked up, so where the hell do we start? B/c in order to do this we need to have that, and before we have that we need to do the other...'

My job is can be a backbreaker, but I love it, I started at 12 during summers, and when reagan became pres, I was fulltime and the trade treated you well... I bought into the american pride, still do, although its getting hard to find and buy american products, and the construction trades were solid jobs for americans, that couldnt afford college educations .....Are now being undermined by the country we live in by allowing the illegals to be hired cheaply...I voted for dems, for one thing and that was their stand for the american worker....And now their stand is for poor illegal immigrants... Wheres this third party, cuz I sure is hell aint voting for the repubs...

My job is can be a backbreaker, but I love it, I started at 12 during summers, and when reagan became pres, I was fulltime and the trade treated you well... I bought into the american pride, still do, although its getting hard to find and buy american products, and the construction trades were solid jobs for americans, that couldnt afford college educations .....Are now being undermined by the country we live in by allowing the illegals to be hired cheaply...I voted for dems, for one thing and that was their stand for the american worker....And now their stand is for poor illegal immigrants... Wheres this third party, cuz I sure is hell aint voting for the repubs...

660895[/snapback]

Welcome to the revolution my friend. I will never, EVER vote for anyone from the two parties ever again. They have repeatedly shown that they do not represent my views, and care for little else than "the Party Line"...