NEEDED–Men of action

I agree with the assessement that far too many "serious Bills fans" are too concerned with Kevin Everetts playing weight, and whether Wesley Duke would make a good tight end prospect, than the teams future. I think the rationale for people to avoid this upsetting topic is simple: it is an extremely upsetting proposition to ponder the Bills leaving Buffalo, and people often try and avoid considering upsetting situations. However, to do so may ultimately sound the teams death knell in Buffalo.

Consider, rich powerful men such as Ralph Wilson and Joel Giambra have implored you, the Bills fan to help in the efforts to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Certainly, we are not the first option in helping Wislon ensure the teams longetivity in the area, but his other pleas fell on the uncaring money hungry ears of the NFL and its "new guard" of owners.

Certainly, men like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones are nothing short of antichrists. They believe in maximizing profit at the expense of trampling 36 years of tradion, and blood sweat and tears. In other words multimillionaires want to accumulate even more millions, at the sacrifice of taking the beloved Bills from the blue collar region of Western New York. We don't have millions. If we're lucky, we have a family, a dog, some buddies, and our Bills. Tagliabue is a weasel and a a hyprocrite. He forcefeeds the CBA down the owners throats, citing the history and tradition of union solidarity to achieve the 30-2 vote in his favor. Then, it becomes exposed that these are the exact values that the CBA is trampling on! Some people ignore that this is going on. Others take on a doom and gloom attitude as if the death drum has already been sounded, presumably because they think it will hurt less if they just accept defeat before it actually happens. If those people were representative of America, we'd still be eating pie and chips and drinking shandys.

What we need are people of action. Contrary to what the doom and gloomers on this board think, protesting does work. Dissent breeds more dissent. The clamor becomes louder, until eventually, the powers that be cannot ignore it any longer and they will be forced to address the problem.

But time is of the essence. Undoubtedly, people may line Park Avenure when the Bills move is formally announced, but by then it will be too late. The battle lines have been drawn, and the CBA represents the first blow. We may not have the money or power of the NFL brass, but we do have the righteous indignation and outrage of the those who have been wronged.

The draft is a great place to start, but Bills games are where we can really make a mark. Eventually, these big market teams, their souless owners and their punk fans will have to make their way to the Ralph. Lets let them know how we feel. Local outlets will be all over it, and eventually we can get enough support so that the national media will start covering our uprising. We always want our teams to have grit, toughness, and fight from the opening kickoff until the last whistle. As a fan, do you possess those qualities? What are you willing to do? Believe me, there are ways to get the leagues attention. Protests and marches are a beginning. There are also, more drastic measures we can take in standing up for WHAT is RIGHT! What we need is a coalition. Anyone can post a topic calling yourself a fan. But it is only men who will stand up for what they believe in, and fight together for a common cause. I'm sure there will be many cyincs and non-believers who will belittle this post and dismiss it as the ramblings of an idiot. Thats fine. It wasn't too long ago when a bunch of idiots accomplished the impossible. I have a few buddies who I know will be down, but we need more. I appeal to you, the most ardent of Bills fans, to help in our common cause. Writing letters is good, but we can do better. Lets keep the Boys in Biuffalo, where they belong.

I will provide the "Fire Up" Music...

CHORUS

DAHHH... DAH DAHHHHH.... DAH DAHHHHH... DAH DAHHHH

HOOT-I-NANNY HOOT-I-NANNY HOOT-I-NANNY

DAHHH... DAH DAHHHHH.... DAH DAHHHHH... DAH DAHHHH

HOOT-I-NANNY HOOT-I-NANNY HOOT-I-NANNY

(Repeat Chorus)

And right after we get men of action, we need to get men of good grammatical skill.

Men of action.

Men of grammar.

We'll be instoppable!!

658108[/snapback]

I am perfectly capable of speaking grammatically, but I wasn't aware these posts were being graded or critiqued for grammatic content. I actually thought the message itself was what matterered–silly me. So in my stream of consciousness, I may have committed some unforgivable grammatical errors, which in fact were merely typos. For that, I am truly sorry.

Also, I was hoping this post would be avoided by the ubercool condescening geeks who sit behind their computer screens and belittle other peoples points, because it is the one place where they can feel in power and assert the guise of their manhood. Oh well, no such luck. But just so you know, a nerd that can insult people online is still a nerd.

And right after we get men of action, we need to get men of good grammatical skill.

Men of action.

Men of grammar.

We'll be instoppable!!

658108[/snapback]

Men who know how to use white space. :lol:

I am perfectly capable of speaking grammatically, but I wasn't aware these posts were being graded or critiqued for grammatic content. I actually thought the message itself was what matterered–silly me. So in my stream of consciousness, I may have committed some unforgivable grammatical errors, which in fact were merely typos. For that, I am truly sorry.

Also, I was hoping this post would be avoided by the ubercool condescening geeks who sit behind their computer screens and belittle other peoples points, because it is the one place where they can feel in power and assert the guise of their manhood. Oh well, no such luck. But just so you know, a nerd that can insult people online is still a nerd.

658121[/snapback]

My apologies for letting my ubercool condescending side to appear once again, but the reality is you are asking people to stand up and take action, and when you do that, the key is communication. Communication comes in the written form, but if you can not write correctly, than the attention you're trying to get by this effort will be thwarted when your audience is too busy trying to decipher the message instead of responding to it.

That said, you can have a call for action, or you can take action and hope people will follow. Even THAT will be difficult if the very people you're trying to incite into action can not understand what the hell you're saying.

My apologies for letting my ubercool condescending side to appear once again, but the reality is you are asking people to stand up and take action, and when you do that, the key is communication. Communication comes in the written form, but if you can not write correctly, than the attention you're trying to get by this effort will be thwarted when your audience is too busy trying to decipher the message instead of responding to it.

That said, you can have a call for action, or you can take action and hope people will follow. Even THAT will be difficult if the very people you're trying to incite into action can not understand what the hell you're saying.

658143[/snapback]

If there is any ambiguity in the message, I would be more than happy to clarify any points. It was a lengthy topic, due to the gravity of the situation. The Bills mean a lot to me and many Western New Yorkers, and in my zeal, I posted without spellchecking. Rest assured that my education level is sufficient to post on these boards, oh webmaster. Its unfortunate that a few typos would render you unable to undertand the message, I would expect more from a computer savvy stud such as yourself.

It is ironic that you would offer a synopsis on action with the return address indubitably (that a big enough word for you?) going to an .edu address. You guys love to sit behind your computer screens and patronize, but G-d forbid you ever venture out of your cream puff existences and take a stand on something.

658121[/snapback]

Well stated. Some of the people on this board are more interested in insulting others rather than engaging in serious discussion.

I agree with the assessement that far too many "serious Bills fans" are too concerned with Kevin Everetts playing weight, and whether Wesley Duke would make a good tight end prospect, than the teams future. I think the rationale for people to avoid this upsetting topic is simple: it is an extremely upsetting proposition to ponder the Bills leaving Buffalo, and people often try and avoid considering upsetting situations. However, to do so may ultimately sound the teams death knell in Buffalo.

Consider, rich powerful men such as Ralph Wilson and Joel Giambra have implored you, the Bills fan to help in the efforts to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Certainly, we are not the first option in helping Wislon ensure the teams longetivity in the area, but his other pleas fell on the uncaring money hungry ears of the NFL and its "new guard" of owners.

Certainly, men like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones are nothing short of antichrists. They believe in maximizing profit at the expense of trampling 36 years of tradion, and blood sweat and tears. In other words multimillionaires want to accumulate even more millions, at the sacrifice of taking the beloved Bills from the blue collar region of Western New York. We don't have millions. If we're lucky, we have a family, a dog, some buddies, and our Bills.  Tagliabue is a weasel and a a hyprocrite. He forcefeeds the CBA down the owners throats, citing the history and tradition of union solidarity to achieve the  30-2 vote in his favor. Then, it becomes exposed that these are the exact values that the CBA is trampling on!  Some people ignore that this is going on. Others take on a doom and gloom attitude as if the death drum has already been sounded, presumably because they think it will hurt less if they just accept defeat before it actually happens. If those people were representative of America, we'd still be eating pie and chips and drinking shandys.

What we need are people of action. Contrary to what the doom and gloomers on this board think, protesting does work. Dissent breeds more dissent. The clamor becomes louder, until eventually, the powers that be cannot ignore it any longer and they will be forced to address the problem.

But time is of the essence. Undoubtedly, people may line Park Avenure when the Bills move is formally announced, but by then it will be too late. The battle lines have been drawn, and the CBA represents the first blow. We may not have the money or power of the NFL brass, but we do have the righteous indignation and outrage of the those who have been wronged.

The draft is a great place to start, but Bills games are where we can really make a mark. Eventually, these big market teams, their souless owners and their punk fans will have to make their way to the Ralph. Lets let them know how we feel. Local outlets will be all over it, and eventually we can get enough support so that the national media will start covering our uprising. We always want our teams to have grit, toughness, and fight from the opening kickoff until the last whistle. As a fan, do you possess those qualities? What are you willing to do? Believe me, there are ways to get the leagues attention. Protests and marches are a beginning. There are also, more drastic measures we can take in standing up for WHAT is RIGHT! What we need is a coalition. Anyone can post a topic calling yourself a fan. But it is only men who will stand up for what they believe in, and fight together for a common cause. I'm sure there will be many cyincs and non-believers who will belittle this post and dismiss it as the ramblings of an idiot. Thats fine. It wasn't too long ago when a bunch of idiots accomplished the impossible. I have a few buddies who I know will be down, but we need more. I appeal to you, the most ardent of Bills fans, to help in our common cause. Writing letters is good, but we can do better. Lets keep the Boys in Biuffalo, where they belong.

657979[/snapback]

Great. Start organizing. Dates, times, locations. If you want media attention, you will need press releases and publish your contact information for them and others to get a hold of you for more information. A website would be good for people to read your full message and give them ideas on how they can help. It will also be good for posting pictures of all of your events. Blogs are all the rage now. Start a blog to post details on how your movement is growing and what people can do to help. You are also going to need fundraising for operating costs.

If there is any ambiguity in the message, I would be more than happy to clarify any points. It was a lengthy topic, due to the gravity of the situation. The Bills mean a lot to me and many Western New Yorkers, and in my zeal, I posted without spellchecking. Rest assured that my education level is sufficient to post on these boards, oh webmaster. Its unfortunate that a few typos would render you unable to undertand the message, I would expect more from a computer savvy stud such as yourself.

It is ironic that you would offer a synopsis on action with the return address indubitably (that a big enough word for you?) going to an .edu address. You guys love to sit behind your computer screens and patronize, but G-d forbid you ever venture out of your cream puff existences and take a stand on something.

658172[/snapback]

You're really personalizing this beyond its intent, and I apologize for getting you all riled up, but I can save you the trouble for all of this: no one beyond a handful of angry thread-starters will ever do ANYTHING to keep this franchise from leaving.

There have been three, four, maybe even FIVE different threads created, all calling people from all walks of life to band together and DO SOMETHING to keep the Bills from leaving town. They're all followed with a handful of people who say "Hell, yeah! Count me in!"

And you know what happens? Condescending computer studs like myself stand in wonder as absolutely NOTHING happens.

Oh, wait. I think everyone gathered a couple hundred signatures to get Ralph into the Hall of Fame! WOW! There's some real action for you. How's THAT particular movement coming along?

Tomorrow there will be another two people who happened to see "Braveheart" one too many times, and calling for people to rise up and save the Bills, and in the end all anyone will have done is express their feelings and take up bandwidth.

Next time I won't mock the grammar. I'll mock the insincere attempt to save something you have no intention of saving once this thread falls to page three.

You're really personalizing this beyond its intent, and I apologize for getting you all riled up, but I can save you the trouble for all of this: no one beyond a handful of angry thread-starters will ever do ANYTHING to keep this franchise from leaving.

There have been three, four, maybe even FIVE different threads created, all calling people from all walks of life to band together and DO SOMETHING to keep the Bills from leaving town. They're all followed with a handful of people who say "Hell, yeah! Count me in!"

And you know what happens? Condescending computer studs like myself stand in wonder as absolutely NOTHING happens.

Oh, wait. I think everyone gathered a couple hundred signatures to get Ralph into the Hall of Fame! WOW! There's some real action for you. How's THAT particular movement coming along?

Tomorrow there will be another two people who happened to see "Braveheart" one too many times, and calling for people to rise up and save the Bills, and in the end all anyone will have done is express their feelings and take up bandwidth.

Next time I won't mock the grammar. I'll mock the insincere attempt to save something you have no intention of saving once this thread falls to page three.

658207[/snapback]

Well, with that kind of exuberance and enthusiasm, is there any way we can fail in our quest to keep the Bills here? You're right, we do live in an apathetic age in which we are content to sit back and let the legislators, or the lawyers fight our battles. Yet rather then "sitting back" and being a posterchild for that line of action, why not do something? Or, at the very least, don't obstruct those who do feel they have the capaplities and the wherewithal to actually lead a movement. Yes, it may be out of the realm of the possibility to ignite an assault on the league offices in the foreseeable future. But we are not that pressed for time either. The remainder of this offseason could be seen as an opportunity to recruit people who would be interested in such a movememt, and to get acquainted with one another. Preseason could be a chance to organize and strenghen our movement. Once the regular season hits, the movement could have enough steam to take on a life of its own. By that time, a protest in front of Park Ave. could be a very realistic possibility. You can say that my vision is grounded in fantasy, but the cold reality is that Ralph Wilson did ask for OUR HELP. This grassroots campaign is exactly the kind of thing he has in mind.