A good possible trade candidate for the Bills...

Eagles | Team trying to trade up in the NFL Draft?

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:39:08 -0700

Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be leaning to trading up in the NFL Draft. They currently sit in the No. 14 position. Their target appears to be Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. The 6-4, 340-pound Ngata would give the team a run-stuffing presence in the middle of the defensive line and could be a perfect complement to DT Mike Patterson.

Eagles | Team trying to trade up in the NFL Draft?

Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:39:08 -0700

Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be leaning to trading up in the NFL Draft. They currently sit in the No. 14 position. Their target appears to be Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. The 6-4, 340-pound Ngata would give the team a run-stuffing presence in the middle of the defensive line and could be a perfect complement to DT Mike Patterson.

#8 pick for the #14 in both the 1st and 3rd rounds.

656664[/snapback]

No friggin way!

In 2001, the Bills moved down from 14th to 21st in the first round, and picked up a 2nd in the deal. The #8 is worth FAR more!

For the Eagles to move down 6 spots, they should have to cough up more than a 2nd, let alone only a 3rd. I am thinking swap firsts, a 2nd this year, and at least a 3rd in 07. THEN we could think about it.

True. And I suppose we could debate who's the best lineman. But, why not just take the best lineman? Not the second best lineman. It seems like at 8 we have a better chance at taking the best player that fits our needs.

Why would we trade with a team so they can move up and take a player that we want/need?

656666[/snapback]

Where did you hear the Bills wanted/needed Ngata. Last thing I heard was they are not interested cause he does not suit or cover 2 defence.

Wait, sorry I forgot, that was just our Head office throwing up a smoke screen so teams won't think we're interested and we can steal him away. Don't worry i'll keep this info quiet, since we are the only people to see through this.

Where did you hear the Bills wanted/needed Ngata. Last thing I heard was they are not interested cause he does not suit or  cover 2 defence.

Wait, sorry I forgot, that was just our Head office throwing up a smoke screen so teams won't think we're interested and we can steal him away. Don't worry i'll keep this info quiet, since we are the only people to see through this.

656845[/snapback]

shhhhhhh!

Where did you hear the Bills wanted/needed Ngata. Last thing I heard was they are not interested cause he does not suit or  cover 2 defence.

656845[/snapback]

Where did you hear they didn't want Ngata because he wouldn't fit our system?

Wait, sorry I forgot, that was just people around here making things up as they go along. Don't worry, I'll follow along with your disinformation, since it really makes no difference anyway.

The 2001 Draft is probably the best recent example of trading down.

We had the 14th pick. Tampa Bay traded up, giving us their #21 and a 2nd Rounder.

T-Bay took Kenyatta Walker OT, and we took Nate Clements with their #21.

We then took Aaron Schobel with our regular RD#2 pick, and traded our acquired 2nd Rounder to Denver, to move 6 spots down to get Travis Henry. We got their 4th Rounder for our trouble (Brandon Spoon).

We don't know who the Bills are targeting at 8. They may have no interest whatsoever in selecting Ngata.

As long as the Bills get a 2nd round pick out of the deal, I have no problems at all with trading down with Philadelphia.

Where did you hear they didn't want Ngata because he wouldn't fit our system?

Wait, sorry I forgot, that was just people around here making things up as they go along.  Don't worry, I'll follow along with your disinformation, since it really makes no difference anyway.

657004[/snapback]

Actually it was just recently, either Jauron or Levy I believe had mentioned how Ngata did not fit the cover 2, thats why there were posts about it being a smoke screen